Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

Ran one yesterday.  Probably ought to have been publicized here.  Excalibur is apparently the server for the event.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I considered trying to initiate TT myself, but I was never one of the founders nor organizers, just a happy participant.  Decided to wait a bit and see who -- wait for it -- picked up the gauntlet.

Glad to see it's returned!  I will join at my next opportunity!

We have server transfers now, so I suppose it wouldn't be such a big problem to hop from Everlasting to wherever and then back again :)

Are you planning on running any more Tanker Tuesdays? If so, could you please list the relevant information for interested participants here? Thank you ^_^

Loranna

The chief disadvantage of server transfers is that you lose your super group and base. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

Could someone explain to me? I never attended becuase tankers weren't my thing. How does one learn tanking when everybody in the group draws threat?

I think it's less to do with learning how to tank than tankers being tanky together and having a fun time. Think of it as a coming together in brotherhood (and sisterhood... siblinghood?) and laughing as mobs futilely try to hurt us as we steam roll them in tanky toughness, while shouting out things like "bro, do you even taunt?" and crushing beer cans on our heads.

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Well there was a low turn out, however it was a successful night.

Ran the Midnighters arc and gained access to the Mightnighter Club. Remember to que up arcs so that they can be run together as a team then you all will get the rewards. The Midnighter badge is needed to get to Cimerora for the ITF.

See you all next Tuesday.

Well there was a low turn out, however it was a successful night.

Oh man, I would have turned up for it, but it's nearly impossible to know when and where this is taking place. Yes, I know it's on Tuesday's on Excelsior, but that's a little vague.

Reposting my previous questions:

Is there an SG to join for this?

Is there a global channel for Tanker Tuesday?

What time and what time zone?

Is there a Discord channel?

PQAzhGk.png Make Energy Melee Great Again! Join the discussion.

Request hi-res icons here. fBfruXW.pngnFRzS1G.pngZOOTsRk.pngh1GKuZo.pngNG0EFBL.png8lnHKLt.png3f2lHyL.png7KPkl2C.pngHPucq9J.pngBlbsQUx.pngXdnlqXI.png9sfLlss.pngu1MqVyK.png9E28NED.pngTrwSZIP.png

Was finally able to join back up for this on Tuesday and it was great.  Finally found these forums too.  Nice to see some names I remember (Impish Kat and Myrmidon)

To answer some of the questions:

There was the previously mentioned Tank HQ sg on Justice and we may have had the same on a couple of different servers but my memory is a bit foggy.  I am all for creating one on each of the shards as we try to grow the event back to its former glory.  If there are no objections, I can at least get them registered and we can go from there, but I will defer to the founders on that. 

TankHQ was the old global chat, I believe that has been re-established.  I need a refresher on how to join/invite to a global channel...

We meet in Kings Row, next to the Independence Port Gate.  There is a wall along the sidewalk that everyone would hang out on while teams formed up.  This may get tricky with the smaller zone pop caps, we had three of us in Kings when the zone hit full and had to move to Kings Row 2 to get everyone in the same spot. 

Start time is 8pm Central (US)

We seem to be based on Excelsior at the moment, but I would hope we begin to tour again like the old days.  I had a tank or two on every server back in the day and did the same when the city was reborn.  Bonnie Balderdash got 5 levels last night (started at 12-finished at 17) just running the Midnighter Arc.  Leveling can be done pretty well just by attending TT's.  I immediately made another Tank (Dark/Katana) after we finished up just to have another option on excelsior.

Did I mention it was great to be back?!?!