Tanker Tuesdays

Tiffany Seville

Great fun on Indom tonight. Three teams, one MC (thanks for leading Ronin), one Moonfire (thanks for leading PLV), and one missions team (thanks for leading MsA). As usual, there was much leveling and crashing into/through mobs of goons. After the TFs the teams/league reformed and we went on to smash through more goons. Thanks for taking the 2nd team star PapaS. All-in-all a successful TT!

3/5 we're back on Excel. Meet in KR at 6PM PDT/9PM EDT and we'll get rolling from there.

Nothing warms your opponent like Fiery Melee.

Tanker Tuesday and Tanker Tuesday Tour Info:

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Special weekend run for Reunion/Europe

My pleasure and I dusted off the actual PLVRIZR for this one...and the Council didn't stand a chance.  We had seven tanks (half non-50s) and ran a +2/8 in 58 minutes.  We did speed the "save the hostage" mission (assist goes to Witty and ATT back to the door), but was a KM the rest of the way.  The aforementioned Librarian did pad our defeat count, as usual, but there were very few others.  The Council buff was most noticeable on the Galaxies and I don't know that we had any boss rezzes, other than the normal transformations into WarWolves.  I hadn't run it in a minute, but Witty reported that the "standard" mission trip to Skyway was deleted....almost certainly because Striga is now a co-op zone and the TF can be run with a blended team.

If you haven't done Moonfire in awhile, it's a (somewhat) new experience and always enjoyable.

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

Huge turnout on Excel tonight over 48 Tanks! Thanks to all the team leads, I'm sure I'll forget someone, so thank you in advance! Ronin leading the Aeon TF, PLV for leading Numina, MsA for leading Hannon (I think), Witty and Agoogala for leading missions teams. Uncle Jeb, did you get the sewer team going or did we fold you into the missions teams, sorry was a busy night and I don't recall.

3/12 we're on Torch. Meet in KR at 6PM PDT/9PM EDT and we'll get rolling from there.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

Lots of fun tonight on a +4 Dr Aeon Strike Force with extra AV fights!

Took us about 1:40 with 38 defeats and lot of Vet levels gained.

Special thanks to @Spaghetti Betty for being our Resident Expert and guiding us through the confusing parts!

screenshot_240305-19-53-20.thumb.jpg.f383f380a5f6223e8e89aeeb3c42b85f.jpg

See you next week on Torch. I'm thinking of running Scirocco's Patron unlock arc there.

• Moose 1

3 minutes ago, Ronin_Around said:

Lots of fun tonight on a +4 Dr Aeon Strike Force with extra AV fights!

Took us about 1:40 with 38 defeats and lot of Vet levels gained.

Special thanks to @Spaghetti Betty for being our Resident Expert and guiding us through the confusing parts!

screenshot_240305-19-53-20.thumb.jpg.f383f380a5f6223e8e89aeeb3c42b85f.jpg

See you next week on Torch. I'm thinking of running Scirocco's Patron unlock arc there.

I love running Aeon! Granted, all the of extra AVs we fought are absolutely not required to finish the TF, but they're so much fun!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

I am definitely down for adding Aeon to the regular rotation after that run...and I only died once!!!  Need a few more runs like that to burn the memory of the one and only time I ran that when it first went live.  4 or 5 of us from an old regular SG group I used to run with ran it (probably at +2x8) and got smoked.   I think it took us 4 hours and 150+ deaths.  

Thanks for getting us out of the Blue side sand box Ronin!!

• Moose 1

Numina team had a blast (and props to @ZemX for leading the herding for the new attendees).  We started with a full team but one dropped, around the hunt phase.  We still finished a #2/8 in less than an hour (55 min., to be exact) with only two defeats and one was at the very end, during the AV fight.  We had several tanks sub-level 40, so all in all a great success.  LOTS of leveling in our team, as well. 

I'd certainly be in for the next Aeon...if @Warboss gives me a night off from team-leading 😆

Reunion - JAWBRKR (Inv/SJ Tank), Lich-ilicious (Necro/Dark MM)  Torchbearer - Will Power-Flame (WP/Fire Tank),  Frostee-Freeze (Ice/Emp Troller), DARKNESSREIGNS (Inv/DM Tank), BALLBUSTR (Inv/SS Tank)  Indomitable - PLVRIZR (Stone/SS Tank), The Atomic Warden (Rad/Rad Defender), FACESMSHR (EM/EA Brute)  Excelsior - NUTCRCKR (Inv/SS Tank) - VL500+, DRKSTNITE (DA/DM Tank), Nosfera-too (Kin/Dark Defender), FIREBLLR (FIre/Therm Corr), THUGSRUS (Thugs/Dark MM), Marshal Mayhem (Fire/MA Tank), SLICRDICR (DB/WP Scrap), NECROTANK (SD/DM Tank), FRMRBRWN (Spines/Fire Brute), AVLANCH (Ice/Stone Tank), SWMPTHNG (Bio/Rad Tank), FREEZRBRN (Fire/Ice Tank), ZZAAPP (Elec/Elec Brute), Voltaic Thunderbolt (Elec/Elec Tank) Lemme Axe You Somethin (Rad/Axe Tank), PWDRKEG (Fire/FIre/Pyre Tank), ATMSMSHR (Rad/SS Tank), Morphology of Flame (Bio/Fire Tank) EverlastingMISSADVENTUR (Inv/SS Tank), Mace to the Face (SD/WM Tank)                                                        Retail 2004 (pre-I1) - 2012 lights out; Feb. 2020 - present

2 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

I'd certainly be in for the next Aeon...if @Warboss gives me a night off from team-leading 😆

Speaking of which... we'll need to figure out a faster way of getting the teams rolling when we have large turnouts like we're experiencing on Excel. One way would be to set the team leads in advance in league leaving the TT participants out of the league to start. Then, have the leads invite TTer directly to their team. We would announce the TFs, Trials and mission options locally, and at intervals. The advantage here would be faster team assignment although a bit heavier in chat chaos (but league chat is already pretty chaotic, so maybe a wash). This would require more team leaders stepping up, and would allow lower level TFs to be run w/o one the TT vets/50s to lead it.

Any other thoughts?

That said, TT is a great place to learn the art to team/league leading. The players are very supportive, experienced, and full of suggestions. So if you'd like to lead a team/TF/Trial/other content, please let me know so we can get you signed up and ready.

• Thumbs Up 3

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

6 minutes ago, Warboss said:

Speaking of which... we'll need to figure out a faster way of getting the teams rolling when we have large turnouts like we're experiencing on Excel. One way would be to set the team leads in advance in league leaving the TT participants out of the league to start. Then, have the leads invite TTer directly to their team. We would announce the TFs, Trials and mission options locally, and at intervals. The advantage here would be faster team assignment although a bit heavier in chat chaos (but league chat is already pretty chaotic, so maybe a wash). This would require more team leaders stepping up, and would allow lower level TFs to be run w/o one the TT vets/50s to lead it.

Any other thoughts?

That said, TT is a great place to learn the art to team/league leading. The players are very supportive, experienced, and full of suggestions. So if you'd like to lead a team/TF/Trial/other content, please let me know so we can get you signed up and ready.

Great idea(s)!!!

As someone who came back to the game (previously played in retail for a bit), these Tanker Tuesday have been amazing.  I appreciate all the tankers who have been helping my baby tanks become adult tanks each Tuesday.  The groups are fun and I've learned a lot.  Thank you to all who organize and attend!

• Thumbs Up 2

I never volunteer people, I merely enable their ability to explore leadership.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

28 minutes ago, Warboss said:

I never volunteer people, I merely enable their ability to explore leadership torture noobs and generally make TT an unpleasant experience for all. 

This sounds more like what happens when I lead!

Mainly on Excelsior. Find me in game @Spaghetti Betty.

AE Arcs:  Big Magic Blowout! 41612 | The Meta-Human Wrestling Association 44683 | MHWA Part 2 48577

Click to look at my pets!

Good run on Torch tonight. Four teams. MsA lead the Cavern team, Ronin went red with a Patron unlock, PLV lead Yin and I ran missions (I think the covers it).

3/16 This coming Sat, we're on Reunion at 9:30AM PDT. Meet in KR by IP gate as always.

3/19 We're on Everlasting. Meet in KR at 6PM PDT/9PM EDT and we'll get rolling from there.

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

10 hours ago, Warboss said:

Good run on Torch tonight. Four teams. MsA lead the Cavern team, Ronin went red with a Patron unlock, PLV lead Yin and I ran missions (I think the covers it).

3/16 This coming Sat, we're on Reunion at 9:30AM PDT. Meet in KR by IP gate as always.

3/19 We're on Everlasting. Meet in KR at 6PM PDT/9PM EDT and we'll get rolling from there.

The Yin team had a blast.  We had seven tanks, with several newcomers to the TTT.  Ran Yin at +2/8 and finished in 39 min.  Not too shabby and the group herding learning curve was evident, but by Clamor (x2), we had everyone on the same page.

See you, Saturday (I hope!). 😆

On 3/12/2024 at 11:39 PM, Warboss said:

Werewolf World dumpster diving with the mission team was a lot of old school fun.

Much fun was had on Everlasting tonight. Four teams. MsA and Ronin lead missions, SB ran the 3rd Respec and I took the 2nd Respec team. Much herding and fun was had on all teams and many level achieved! As always thanks to all the team leads!!

3/26 We're on Indom. Meet in KR at 6PM PDT/9PM EDT and we'll get rolling from there.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Moose 1

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

+6 Freaks with multiple rezzes zapping our endurance on a team of 5 (two Rad Tanks, one Elec Tank, one Bio Tank, and my week old Fire Tank). All good fun. I felt a little bad though for our Bio Tank that was running on SO's, the last mission the freaks had it out for him as he was getting killed left and right in the reactor room (at least he got a few levels through the respec).

2 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

+6 Freaks with multiple rezzes zapping our endurance on a team of 5 (two Rad Tanks, one Elec Tank, one Bio Tank, and my week old Fire Tank). All good fun.

I had planned/hoped for a FreakSpec (and thanks again to WB for leading, so I could just cruise), so dusted off the Elec/Elec...which was very fortuitous.  Must be a bug because clearly, WB had the final mission set on +2/8 and I was conning lvl 43 (actual is 50+3/VL 30-ish)...but the Freak bosses (and those damned Super Stunners) were conning 49!, so it took quite a bit of whittling to get them down.  WB swears he had several also rez more than once.  Goes a long way to explain our 1:09 time, as well 😆

2 minutes ago, PLVRIZR said:

I had planned/hoped for a FreakSpec (and thanks again to WB for leading, so I could just cruise), so dusted off the Elec/Elec...which was very fortuitous.  Must be a bug because clearly, WB had the final mission set on +2/8 and I was conning lvl 43 (actual is 50+3/VL 30-ish)...but the Freak bosses (and those damned Super Stunners) were conning 49!, so it took quite a bit of whittling to get them down.  WB swears he had several also rez more than once.  Goes a long way to explain our 1:09 time, as well 😆

I didn't pay enough attention to see an individual bosses rez multiple times (as it got to the point we were fighting what seemed like 20+ bosses at a given time)but I remember WB saying "this one rezzed twice for sure" after someone floated the idea of them rezzing multiple times. Right after we finished WB and I hopped on Ronin's mission team and we got there right as they were fighting Recluse in the bank and then did a couple missions before everyone had to roll.

Actually... since we couldn't decide between +2 and +4 when we started, I set us at +3 to see how it went. All things considered, I think it went very well. But that final mission not only did it seem like there were multiple bosses rezing multiple times, someone also observed that the level seemed to be going up by +1 with each spawn. I saw both 49s and 48s during the final wave. But I loved it! We did an awesome job of herding and had massive swarms of goons around us most the time. It was pure Tanker heaven and TT at it's finest!

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable

3 hours ago, PLVRIZR said:

so dusted off the Elec/Elec...which was very fortuitous. 

Yeah, a Freak's worst nightmare.  130% end drain resist AND energy damage.  I was doing well enough with Rad's 86% drain resist and good recovery tools but at times felt like I was swinging a cardboard tube instead of a Katana.  I think that's when I finally noticed I was surrounded by three or four +6 Freak Tanks towards the end there.  Not because they were hurting me... but because I was barely scratching them.

We need to do that with our Bios on Reunion at some point.  Same decent drain resist and recovery as Rad Armor but with overlapping -RES auras.  mmm..

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe set to "11" next time?

1st Tuesday-Excelsior

2nd Tuesday-Torchbearer

3rd Tuesday- Everlasting

4th Tuesday- Indomitable