Quality of Life: Re crafting

Snakebit

What do you all think about a toggle option to autobuy missing common and uncommon salvage at crafting tables?

I see it like this:

Set the option to yes, set the autobid price/qty to x. 

Head to the university, open the crafting bench, open the AH, click craft.  Missing salvage is sent to the AH window as a bid, click get, click craft again, and done. 

The player maintains fine control of bidding and it dramatically speeds up the crafting process by eliminating repetitive searches and new bid placement. No worry about overspending on Rare because you have to manually buy it. 

Thoughts?

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

8 minutes ago, Vanden said:

I'm not quite following how you picture this working. It automatically places bids at the auction house? At what price?

I think he's proposing an addition to the crafting menu where, in the event that you don't currently own a piece of salvage required for the IO you're crafting, the crafting menu will attempt to buy the salvage for you from the AH, at the price you've specified somewhere on this updated menu, and if successful, will go ahead and grab the item and craft it. 

I think it's a pretty good idea. Saves me the trouble of having the AH menu open and swapping back and forth to buy salvage as I'm crafting. 

10 minutes ago, Neogumbercules said:

I think he's proposing an addition to the crafting menu where, in the event that you don't currently own a piece of salvage required for the IO you're crafting, the crafting menu will attempt to buy the salvage for you from the AH, at the price you've specified somewhere on this updated menu, and if successful, will go ahead and grab the item and craft it. 

I think it's a pretty good idea. Saves me the trouble of having the AH menu open and swapping back and forth to buy salvage as I'm crafting. 

Well, unless you're playing on a rather low resolution, you can easily have both windows open, see what salvage you're missing, then buy it and craft, without closing or moving anything.  Now, what I'd like to see is a way to simply craft multiples of an item, (really more for the basic IOs than anything else)...

50 minutes ago, biostem said:

Well, unless you're playing on a rather low resolution, you can easily have both windows open, see what salvage you're missing, then buy it and craft, without closing or moving anything.  Now, what I'd like to see is a way to simply craft multiples of an item, (really more for the basic IOs than anything else)...

You still have to type in at least a portion of the name, click the salvage, enter a bid, click bid. If you have 80 recipes to craft, that's a lot of searching, bidding, and clicking. 

Freedom toons:

Illuminata

Phoebros

Mim

Ogrebane

10 minutes ago, cejmp said:

You still have to type in at least a portion of the name, click the salvage, enter a bid, click bid. If you have 80 recipes to craft, that's a lot of searching, bidding, and clicking. 

I'm not disputing that at all.  I'm simply saying that it isn't quite as difficult as it's made out to be.  Additionally, if you are crafting multiples of the same IO, then you just change the x1 to whatever multiple you need...

The way I've been doing it is pop the recipe(s) into the AH, hit Find, and click the 'Search for Salvage used in this recipe' text. That gives me all the salvage for that recipe at once, and from there its pretty fast to place the bids. It's clicky, but it's pretty quick and saves me having to remember the names of all the salvage pieces and, most importantly, the typing part.

I wouldn't be opposed to a QoL feature like the one suggested, but on the other hand there's, like, a few hundred things that should take priority, given our dev's rather limited manpower.

6 hours ago, cejmp said:

No.  Actually you DON'T.

You can toss up one-each of the recipes you need to craft.
Then click SEARCH.
It'll find the recipe for sale on the Market.
Then click "Search for Salvage used in this recipe."

Voila!

• Like 1

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

9 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

You can toss up one-each of the recipes you need to craft.
Then click SEARCH.
It'll find the recipe for sale on the Market.
Then click "Search for Salvage used in this recipe."

Doesn't do much for folks working from memorized recipes.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

2 hours ago, Derekl1963 said:

Doesn't do much for folks working from memorized recipes.

The only recipes you can memorize are commons.
They're all under Recipies-->Other.
Just set the level and you're gold.
And, after getting one recipe satisfied, simply click on Other again and it takes you back to the list for the next one.

If you want to be godlike, pick anything.

If you want to be GOD, pick a TANK!

On 9/20/2019 at 6:26 PM, biostem said:

Also, this game is old, and runs on old rigs. My laptop has terrible resolution and I'm hard pressed to easily use more than one screen. :p

Always happy to answer questions in game, typically hanging around Help.
Global is @Zolgar, and tends to be tagged in Help.

This brings up (to me, at least) the thought that perhaps the whole time sink thing needs to be rethought a bit given the different circumstances we are in. In a subscription pay-2-play game, I get it, you need to keep people busy and suck up their time. Crafting, traveling from zone to zone and a whole other bunch of things accomplish some of that as does combat, badge hunting, etc.

But the way things are now, is it really that necessary? Surely they could consider streamlining some of these things so we can keep doing what we really enjoy doing.

I have a different idea; how about, when you are at a crafting station, having said station automatically pull salvage from your base racks and/or personal storage?  Seems to me (standard code rant applies) that this would be easier to implement.

• Like 1

Pleased to meet you!  I am Animal, and I harbor Perverse Sexual Lust.