All Plant Troller (and Dom) Team

Tahliah

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but back in the day, there was an all Plant Control team that used to run once a week on (I think) Freedom. It was a complete blast to run with seven other plant trolls, all with varying secondaries.  I forget who started it up, and since I didn't play on Freedom(?), I had to start a new plant troll to run with the group.  It was completely amazing fun, and every once in a while, we'd all pose for screen shots (which I subsequently lost in a computer crash years ago).  I don't think there was a rule that we all have green in our costumes, but I seem to recall that we all did.  And we were beautiful, all greens and auras and flytraps galore. 

There was something perversely wonderful about an all plant troll team.  As we gained levels, we plowed through missions like crazy. We didn't need healers/defenders (we had plenty of heals and buffs of our own), and we didn't need tankers/brutes (we managed mobs and aggro just fine).  It was just different and super fun.

Is something like this going on now?  I've looked through the server forums from time to time but haven't seen anything, so I thought I'd ask here.  If anyone is doing something like this, please let us all know so we can join up and run with you.  I play mostly on Excelsior, but I'll make a troll on any server to run with an all [plant, earth, fire, ill, whatever] troll team.

[UPDATE:  The all plant controller team will meet in Atlas Park on Thursday, October 3 [2019] at 9:30 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  All plant trolls of any level from any server are welcome.]

[UPDATE 2:  Moving forward, the all plant controller (and dom) team will meet on Tuesdays at 9:00 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  No worries if you are running late (unless we are in a TF of course).  If you are just joining us, you can send an ingame to me @Tahliah or to our Parks and Wreck sg leader @GreenAx.  

UPDATE 3: I changed the title of the thread since we have a great weekly team and plant-based sg up and running.  Any planters out there, trolls or doms, are welcome to join us!]

UPDATE 4:  We have a second Troll (and dom!) night, this one for under-50s starting on Thursday, April 23, 2020 at 9 p.m. EST on Excelsior.  We are still running on Tuesdays, but all of us hit 50 and are looking toward incarnates.  So we have a second night for those who want to run with an all-plant troll (and dom) team but are not yet incarnate.

UPDATE 5:  We have a Parks and Wreck chat channel, so be sure to join it if you are interested in joining our plant troll (and dom) adventures.  To join our chat channel, go to your tabs menu and select join a channel, then type in Parks and Wreck, then click "join."  That's it, easy peasy!

Edited by Tahliah
updates

21 minutes ago, Tahliah said:

I'm not sure if this is the place to post this, but back in the day, there was an all Plant Control team that used to run once a week on (I think) Freedom. It was a complete blast to run with seven other plant trolls, all with varying secondaries.  I forget who started it up, and since I didn't play on Freedom(?), I had to start a new plant troll to run with the group.  It was completely amazing fun, and every once in a while, we'd all pose for screen shots (which I subsequently lost in a computer crash years ago).  I don't think there was a rule that we all have green in our costumes, but I seem to recall that we all did.  And we were beautiful, all greens and auras and flytraps galore. 

There was something perversely wonderful about an all plant troll team.  As we gained levels, we plowed through missions like crazy. We didn't need healers/defenders (we had plenty of heals and buffs of our own), and we didn't need tankers/brutes (we managed mobs and aggro just fine).  It was just different and super fun.

Is something like this going on now?  I've looked through the server forums from time to time but haven't seen anything, so I thought I'd ask here.  If anyone is doing something like this, please let us all know so we can join up and run with you.  I play mostly on Excelsior, but I'll make a troll on any server to run with an all [plant, earth, fire, ill, whatever] troll team.

I have a Plant/Dark on Excelsior and would definitely be up for this.

If we are talking existing characters, I'm not 100% sure I want to make another plant since this is my 3rd or so since HC.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, subbacultchas said:

I have a Plant/Dark on Excelsior and would definitely be up for this.

If we are talking existing characters, I'm not 100% sure I want to make another plant since this is my 3rd or so since HC.

I wasn't planning on running it myself, but I also have a plant troll on Excelsior, so if we can round up five or six more, we're in business!  I say five because I can probably talk one of my sg mates into it since he used to run with the old group on Freedom(?), too.  I'm not sure if he has a plant troll already or not, so he may need to roll one if he's up for doing that again (I haven't asked yet).

That said, I have lvl 2 ice and earth trolls on some server/s (not Excelsior) that I created on a whim and that are currently just sitting around waiting to be moved to new Day Jobs every several days.  I can move them to any server there's a group, and I am totally open to making a new troll for this adventure if there's adventure to be had.  Heck, if there's more than one group, I'd be in.  :P

• Like 1

Sounds fun.

I'd enjoy getting a Storm team together too.

** Asus TUF x670E Gaming, Ryzen 7950x, AIO Corsair H150i Elite, TridentZ 192GB DDR5 6400, Sapphire 7900XTX, 48" 4K Samsung 3d & 56" 4k UHD, NVME Sabrent Rocket 2TB, MP600 Pro 8tb, MP700 2 TB. HDD Seagate 12TB **

** Corsair Voyager a1600 **

On 9/26/2019 at 8:37 PM, Zep said:

Sounds fun.

I'd enjoy getting a Storm team together too.

Awesome!  So that's three (maybe four with my sg mate). 

That sounds fun!  I never seem to stick with Storm, so a weekly group would be just the ticket! 

Edited by Tahliah

On 9/26/2019 at 8:56 PM, StridingWind said:

I'm on Everlasting but will make the switch to Excelsior for this plant/ or /storm troller brigade! 😀

Yay, that's four (maybe five if my sg mate is game) for plant.  I say go ahead and make a plant on Excelsior @StridingWindand hopefully we can this off the ground in the next week or so.  You can message me here or in game (my global is the same as my forum).

We can maybe alternate weeks with Storm or something once we get our numbers . . . or maybe someone can get together a storm team, I'd be game for sure.

On 9/27/2019 at 12:16 AM, oedipus_tex said:

I've always wanted to see a 8 man Ice Control team just for the hilarity of Mag 24 Confusion via Arctic Air applied by a toggle that has no cast time.

That sounds awesome! 

I really love the idea of all whatever power troll teams and had such a blast on the plant troll team.

So this is great!  We have half a team, maybe five.  Let's talk days/times.  I'm in Central time and work weekend days (ahem, at work now), but I am up for weekend evenings or most any weekday evening.  If we have a set time for our group, I can schedule it in and be there. 

What days/times works for you guys?

5 hours ago, Tahliah said:

So this is great!  We have half a team, maybe five.  Let's talk days/times.  I'm in Central time and work weekend days (ahem, at work now), but I am up for weekend evenings or most any weekday evening.  If we have a set time for our group, I can schedule it in and be there. 

What days/times works for you guys?

I have a couple of Ice Control characters at various levels so I could potentially participate one afternoon.

Not controller specific, but I did start a Time/Temporal SG on Torchbearer. I haven't done much with it mostly due to graphic issues which seems to have settled. My Plant/storm just hit 50 last night, so I'm not planning to do either again as I would just play that build instead. Also, Plant/storm is really awesome. One of the rare builds I want to play after hitting 50.

Top 10 Most Fun 50s.

1. Without Mercy: Claws/ea Scrapper. 2. Outsmart: Fort 3. Sneakers: Stj/ea Stalker. 4. Waterpark: Water/temp Blaster. 5. Project Next: Ice/stone Brute. 6. Mighty Matt: Rad/bio Brute. 7. Without Pause: Claws/wp Brute. 8. Emma Strange: Ill/dark. 9. Nothing But Flowers: Plant/storm Controller. 10. Obsidian Smoke: Fire/dark Corr. 

"Downtime is for mortals."

This all sounds great!  Gratz on your new 50 @Without_Pause!  I'm up for an ice control team @oedipus_texWhat server are you on?  I'll make one there if I don't have one already.  

In the meantime, it looks like we have enough interest in an all plant troller team to get started.

Let's plan our first meetup of the all plant troller team for this Thursday at 9:30 EST on Excelsior since we already have people who made new plant trolls there.  We can meet in AP; if you're running late, no worries, shoot me or @StridingWind an in-game and you can join up with us after we get going.

It sounds like there is interest in leveling up together, doing the TFC task forces, etc.  Note: you do not have to make a new toon for this; if you have a plant troll of any lvl and want to run with an all plant troll team, you are welcome!

@Zepfeel free to make a plant/storm if you're feeling all stormy (or whatever, secondaries can be whatever)!  @subbacultchasdoes this time frame/server work for you?

Hope to see you all--and anyone else who sees this and wants to join the plant troll fun--in Excelsior AP on Thursday evening!!  I'll be the green clad troll standing ready to greet shiny new plant trolls as they arrive from the Outbreak or Galaxy City tutorials.  Anyone arriving from other zones, servers can meet up there. 

Hey, I was part of that all-Plant team on Freedom!  It was a lot of fun!

I had a Plant/Sonic named Jungle Rott and a Plant/Rad named Fetid Compost.  I think I got them both to the mid-30s during our time together.  I've actually recreated Jungle Rott as a Plant/Poison on the Torchbearer server.

I may need to do some brainstorming for a new alt (another new alt - just what I need! LOL) to join you. 

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Gregg247 said:

Hey, I was part of that all-Plant team on Freedom!  It was a lot of fun!

I had a Plant/Sonic named Jungle Rott and a Plant/Rad named Fetid Compost.  I think I got them both to the mid-30s during our time together.  I've actually recreated Jungle Rott as a Plant/Poison on the Torchbearer server.

I may need to do some brainstorming for a new alt (another new alt - just what I need! LOL) to join you. 

Jungle Rott and Fetid Compost!!! I remember those toons :) 

This is awesome.  I can't wait to see what you come up with for Thursday.  Sounds like Fetid Compost is waiting to reroll if you need him. Hehe

3 hours ago, Shoulung said:

Sadly the time conflicts with the time my all dwarf SG runs (5:30 pst) on Indom, or i’d Be happy to jump in.

Maybe we can change the day/time after this week since this is just the first meetup.  We'll have to see how many can make it and what everyone's schedule looks like.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, subbacultchas said:

I'd sure like to, just not sure if this week will really be possible for me.  My kids have a tournament this weekend and I have a lot of family coming in right before that.

If I miss this, and it's likely, I'll catch up the next time around.

Aw, too bad, @subbacultchasBut I understand.  Family first!  :)  We'll be setting the next time when we all meet up on Thursday, so I will post it here for anyone who misses this week.

Unless there is strong resistance to picking a day other than Thursday, I would like to move it so that @Shoulungcan join us.  We ran on Saturdays on Freedom, but I work weekends, so it would have to be sometime in the late afternoon/early evening (EST) on Saturdays if that's how it pans out.

I do want to set a regular day/time, though, as that is much easier for people to find us if they miss a week.  To that end, too, if someone wants to create an sg for the group on Excelsior that would also help us get and stay connected for the weekly plant troll festivities.  If not, no worries, we can use the forum and ingame chat/email/messages.  

• Like 1