Postures

KalSpiro

One of my favorite aspects of Champions Online character creation is the ability to define how your characters hold themselves.  I would love to see something like that in CoH.  CO only has the four "stances" Heroic, Average, Vixen and Beast.  I think CoX can do better.  I certainly have no idea how the program actually functions, but my expectation is that Ninja and Beast run temp powers must interact with something along those lines, because that is effectively what both of these powers do, while also increasing run and jump, so they might be something to work off of.

• Like 3

Virtue Shard:

Quick Shot Kid

Liberty Vanguard

Gleaming Spark

Shadow Squirrel

This would indeed be cool to see if we actually have new animations ever getting put into the game. I would prefer to see a Stance category added to the character editor, but I wouldn't be against a P2W vendor section with abilities that do nothing other then change your stance either.

On a side note, I'd also like to see a change made to "Walk" that so you can use all your powers while it's on. Cause I wan't to be able to walk around with my toggle aura's on dagnabbit!

18 hours ago, Cooltastic said:

On a side note, I'd also like to see a change made to "Walk" that so you can use all your powers while it's on. Cause I wan't to be able to walk around with my toggle aura's on dagnabbit!

I use walk to turn off all my toggles. Much easier than writing a generic macro/bind to do the same thing. I would obviously prefer it to remain as it is... 😉

• Sad 1

It would be massively difficult to implement this sort of thing as an option, and would look something like Ninja Run, where the movement animation is changed and there's a different "From Attack to Neutral" animation. It would be -super- time consuming and be a toggle with no speed increase tied to it.

Or there could be Emotes that you could bind for when you're standing still, like the "Waiting" emote cycle.

Yeah, new emote stances would be fine too. Cause you can just macro them for easy use whenever you stop running.

Question: Is there a way to bind an emote to activate upon key release instead of press? It would be great to have the emote automatically go off once you release W for this type of implementation.

10 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

I use walk to turn off all my toggles. Much easier than writing a generic macro/bind to do the same thing. I would obviously prefer it to remain as it is... 😉

So why not make a clone of it? You could have Walk, which works the way it does now, and Combat Walk which just doesn't turn off powers.

Because really, it WOULD be pretty fun to just slowly walk around blasting things. Or as a mastermind, walking through a massive firefight while your minions are killing stuff.

On 9/27/2019 at 8:09 PM, Megajoule said:

As I recall from other thread, Walk detoggles everything because anything that grants +runspeed makes it look absolutely ridiculous.

LOL - You've reminded me of "Sprint" animations in WoW. As we all know, a person's posture/stride when jogging isn't the same as when sprinting. So since WoW's "rogue" class is the only class with a "sprint" power (in normal form anyway - I'm not counting druid animal forms), and some races cannot be rogues, Blizzard did not bother with creating separate sprint animations for those non-rogue races. The result is that, if those races somehow benefit from some kind of temporary speed buff, past a certain point it just looks stupid because the character just uses a speeded-up jog animation.

I specifically noticed this during the Warlords of Draenor expansion. You had a mine in your base, and while in the mine you could get a speed boost by drinking "Miner's Coffee". Each cup granted a +10% boost, and you could stack this by drinking more coffee. I think +30% was the point where the models would switch from "run" animation to "sprint" animation, except for races that had no "sprint" animation.