The Calendar and Events feature on the website has been disabled ×

Psionic damage and the associated -rch

Andrewvm

I've always felt that the -rech associated with psi damage was lacking as a debuf, especially compared to dark's -tohit lookig at it from a protective view, but also sonic's -res (allowing you to kill faster), cold is closest, but it gives you some positional protection too.

Ok i;m rambling I guess....

What I'm getting to is that the -recharge isn't such a big protection and was thinking of the following buff:

What if psi has a chance to "trigger" the recharge of a power? so a power of a villains might go into recharge without having been used. This would protect (in part) from alpha strikes and make the -rech actually do more than slow the rate of attack.

It fits thematically, you scramble the brain of the opponent befuddling him , making them forget to use a power, confuse them into making mistakes etc.

Bad idea? Am I wrong feeling that psi needs something?   (or am i a genius and you'll be all to happy to tell me so?)

Game engine doesn't seem to be able to do that without sophisticated work.

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

-ToHit reduces the chance for an attack to hit you.

-Recharge increases the time between attacks.

Both reduce incoming damage. One does it through damage avoidance, the other through damage deferral. In both cases the amount of time it would take the enemy to kill you increases.

The only real difference is that -ToHit stacks with Defense in a nonlinear fashion, due to Defense's scaling defensive functionality increase which, really, should be split out onto a 1,000 point scale so that a 5% "Defensive" increase increases your survival by a smaller value relative to the 100 point scale we've got going on...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

-ToHit reduces the chance for an attack to hit you.

-Recharge increases the time between attacks.

Both reduce incoming damage. One does it through damage avoidance, the other through damage deferral. In both cases the amount of time it would take the enemy to kill you increases.

The only real difference is that -ToHit stacks with Defense in a nonlinear fashion, due to Defense's scaling defensive functionality increase which, really, should be split out onto a 1,000 point scale so that a 5% "Defensive" increase increases your survival by a smaller value relative to the 100 point scale we've got going on...

Recharge only matters after they complete a full attack cycle. To-hit helps from the first attack. Things don't live long enough on many teams for the -recharge to have any effect.

I would add an insight mechanic to psi blast. The other problem is the horrendous animation times and projectile speed hurt the set almost as much as psi resist. I think someone with sprint could outrun mental blast.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Bossk_Hogg said:

Recharge only matters after they complete a full attack cycle. To-hit helps from the first attack. Things don't live long enough on many teams for the -recharge to have any effect.

I would add an insight mechanic to psi blast. The other problem is the horrendous animation times and projectile speed hurt the set almost as much as psi resist. I think someone with sprint could outrun mental blast.

This is a thousand times this.

19 hours ago, aethereal said:

-recharge is much more useful than -to-hit if you already have softcapped defense.  Which definitely shouldn't be the only scenario we should care about, but should be a scenario we care about.

Very very true!

Might explain, in part, why Energy Armor gets it as their Taunt Aura.

3 hours ago, Steampunkette said:

Very very true!

Might explain, in part, why Energy Armor gets it as their Taunt Aura.

Energy Aura, can actually survive a couple cycles of damage. Even so that "Taunt Aura" adds +Recharge on a per enemy basis and is the sets status protection. (ducks before the nerf Entropic Auara thread starts)

On 9/30/2019 at 7:05 PM, Bossk_Hogg said:

Recharge only matters after they complete a full attack cycle. To-hit helps from the first attack. Things don't live long enough on many teams for the -recharge to have any effect

Especially since psi is a squishy's damage type. Although, is there psi melee these days? There is, isn't there? 

Anyway I was thinking of blasters, controllers and defenders tbh, maybe give that proc just to them?