Homecoming Server Update (October 1st): i26 Page 3 & Halloween Event Now Live, Halloween Costume Contests & More!

Jimmy

On 10/1/2019 at 11:47 AM, Cinnder said:

Note: if you get temp costume powers by trading in the salvage, this doesn't count towards the costume acquisition badges.  Looks like the badges count only temp power drops from doors.  I assume this is WAI.

False. I traded salvage for costumes and they counted towards the badge. Once you have them, you have them. You can't trade for a freakshow boss AND aquire another through ToT. 

Is it just me, or do the event's Giant Monsters seem really fragile?

I was just involved in a small banner league (in Peregrine Island) of roughly 12 people, and fewer than 6 managed to burn down the Mystic Aspect in less than a minute.

It's especially galling because It popped less than 400 yards away, and this was my 3rd try to get the badge...

On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 11:17 PM, RiotAce said:

False. I traded salvage for costumes and they counted towards the badge. Once you have them, you have them. You can't trade for a freakshow boss AND aquire another through ToT. 

I have tested this twice now.  Trading in salvage for a new costume doesn't increment the badge counter.

While you can't acquire multiple copies of a temp power, when it comes to counting costume drops from doors (required for the badges), it's possible to get the same random drop you received before.  In this case you won't see anything new in your trays, but the badge counter for costumes will increment.  It has been this way since the old days.

Edited by Cinnder
typo

5 hours ago, Cinnder said:

I have tested this twice now.  Trading in salvage for a new costume doesn't increment the badge counter.

While you can't acquire multiple copies of a temp power, when it comes to counting costume drops from doors (required for the badges), it's possible to get the same random drop you received before.  In this case you won't see anything new in your trays, but the badge counter for costumes will increment.  It has been this way since the old days.

Weird. I got the last badge while trading in Salvage in Croatoa. I wasn't looking at the badge counter at the time. Maybe it was a delayed completion? 

• 4 weeks later
28 minutes ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Some time in November.

I imagine that once the Halloween event is over, we will be looking at the Winter event coming along soon afterward.  Much like society in general where, as soon as Halloween is over, our thoughts turn directly to Christmas, looking at Thanksgiving as the meal break in between.  😉

What was no more, is REBORN!

If only that were so here in the states.  With it falling in between Halloween, and Christmas here, it doesn't universally get the attention it should.  It's become the carbo-load we do before heading out for Black Friday madness.  😆

What was no more, is REBORN!

• City Council

Yeah, a whole month is too much I think. We have some ideas for next year to make the event more dynamic and less of a drag, while still providing a large window of opportunity for players who can't log in every day to participate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

• Jimmy unfeatured this topic
  • Widower locked this topic