Force of Will and Controllers?

biostem

So I've had some mixed results when trying to use Sorcery on various controllers, (mainly because arcane bolt had such a darn long animation).  I liked the damage it did once I could setup containment, but especially on teams, enemies were dead before I could really take advantage.  I was thinking of trying out the new(ly added) Force of Will set, but just haven't had the opportunity.  Has anyone tried it yet?  If so, how is it working out for you?  Thanks!

Not sure what current numbers say for those powers, but assuming they haven't changed from those posted on City of Data, I would think its it's worse. Weaken Resolve would be great (nice debuffs, awesome procs), but Arcane Bolt does more damage than Project Will for the same cast time, and Unleash Potential only lasts 60s. I assume for your needs, it will disappoint.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

52 minutes ago, Bopper said:

Not sure what current numbers say for those powers, but assuming they haven't changed from those posted on City of Data, I would think its it's worse. Weaken Resolve would be great (nice debuffs, awesome procs), but Arcane Bolt does more damage than Project Will for the same cast time, and Unleash Potential only lasts 60s. I assume for your needs, it will disappoint.

Gotcha.  Thanks for the info.

Weaken Resolve is very good on a Controller, it will be at 90% chance to proc on Achilles and with its own -Resist it will give about -30% Resist for 10 seconds. With good Recharge you can fire it off probably every 10-12 seconds. Masterminds will get more benefit out of it since they're not cutting into DPS as much by spamming it, but it's still good.

As @biostem has said, Project Will is weaker than Arcane Bolt, though it still has the same uses: extra damage and FF proc.

Wall of Force is great for a Controller. Pretty good AoE damage with procs... I think each proc gives 36 damage, so if you put 3 in you end up around 150 with Containment. For a Controller's ranged AoE that's realy nice, and you can add in a FF proc in there, making it even better. This power is the main reason to go into this pool.

So I've tested some of the powers, and I must say, at least from my limited experience, that Project Will has a painfully slow animation, (though its recharge is a bit faster than Arcane Bolt's, so that's nice.  It's really no substitute for a bona-fide primary or secondary attack power, (which I suppose is the intent).  As a plus, however, it isn't quite as obviously tied to magic as sorcery's powers, (no floating runes, etc).

On 10/2/2019 at 9:45 PM, Bopper said:

This comment got me looking at the other 3 sets on City of Data.  I'm interested to see if they nerf the animations on Toxic Dart and Poison Dagger.  1.07s for 1.6 scale damage and 1s for 1.785 damage scale seems like we have our "supplemental ranged attack" winners when those sets come out, assuming no tweaks.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Shoulung said:

What is City of Data? Tried searching and it gives me sites providing information about cities.

http://web.archive.org/web/20140625171903/http://tomax.cohtitan.com/data/powers/

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn