WS - Human vs Tri

For AoE damage, a triform is better because of double mire rolling into Nova. This gap is not as significant as it used to be though thanks to changes to the nuke. For single target damage, a human only is better, unless that single target is surrounded by mobs that will survive for a while, in which case the double mire is again key. For keeping pets alive, human is better if you rely on inky and gravitic together, but in the most difficult content they are going to die no matter what you do. For survival, human can be better for maybe .1% of the game where there would be a difference.

7 hours ago, SeraphimKensai said:

Warshades benefit more from form swapping then Peacebringers do because of how Sunless Mire works. In which case you'll always want at bare minimum with a Warshade Dwarf form so you can have 2 stacking mires. Nova is nice then as a floating howitzer of soon while buffed.

good point thanks!

6 hours ago, Microcosm said:

For AoE damage, a triform is better because of double mire rolling into Nova. This gap is not as significant as it used to be though thanks to changes to the nuke. For single target damage, a human only is better, unless that single target is surrounded by mobs that will survive for a while, in which case the double mire is again key. For keeping pets alive, human is better if you rely on inky and gravitic together, but in the most difficult content they are going to die no matter what you do. For survival, human can be better for maybe .1% of the game where there would be a difference.

Intersting ... never even considered that the human mitigation would help keep pets alive! always good to get another angle on things, thanks!

Peacebringers can "get away with" going Human Only more easily/efficiently than a Warshade can, simply because there's additional synergies with the forms for Warshades that don't "translate" over to Peacebringers (the aforementioned Mire+Mire being but one example of this).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

I am an outlier in that I dont think Dwarf mire is especially important for human form WS. Even though I have dwarf form and could use the mire, I never do, as I feel the time and survivability lost by going in to Dwarf form for the mire isnt worth it for the content I run. Though faster form swapping does make it more viable.

When solo or on teams (esp with a kin), I find my damage is usually capped more often than not with the human mire and converting into/popping reds, as I tend to not get much use out of other inspirations aside from the occasional purple here and there to counteract cascading def failure.

FKA @Rockmar

Check out my post with

Multiple Human-Form Warshade Builds

With SC SLM, Capped Res to All, Perma Triple Pet, Perma Hasten, and Near-perma Mire

9 hours ago, Hyperstrike said:

Warshades pretty much REQUIRE lots and LOTS and LOTS of dead ARRESTED! enemies to see maximum effect from them.

I've always been of the opinion that once you reach Level 22 and take Stygian Circle, EVERY Warshade becomes a Necromancer ... or at least it FEELS LIKE you're playing a Necromancer ... simply because of the Drain The Defeated path you start walking from that point onwards (especially once you get Fluffies at Level 32!).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.