Dual Thugs MM

Vasbyt XXII

As the thugs enforcer leadership stacks, if you were to run as a group of 2 of 3 thugs MM what would be the best secondaries to take for a 2 man or 3 man team?

between enforcers and MM leadership def is taken care of. What is the pet resist cap? Is there a point to having more than 1 resist buffing secondary.

thugs/dark and thugs/sonic  vs thugs/thermal and thugs/sonic  or a better combination?

5 hours ago, Vasbyt XXII said:

As the thugs enforcer leadership stacks, if you were to run as a group of 2 of 3 thugs MM what would be the best secondaries to take for a 2 man or 3 man team?

between enforcers and MM leadership def is taken care of. What is the pet resist cap? Is there a point to having more than 1 resist buffing secondary.

thugs/dark and thugs/sonic  vs thugs/thermal and thugs/sonic  or a better combination?

The pet resist cap is 90.

Of the two options given, I'd have a slight preference for Thermal.  The in-my-head math (meaning I'm too lazy to walk to my Mids computer) says the res buffs would be in the low 60s. With the Pet +res IOs and native resists + spot healing as needed, you wouldn't do a lot of resummoning.  Except the Arsonist, he always manages to find a way to die regardless of how invincible his buffs make him on paper.  

Is this "the best" combo?  Dunno, but I can promise you that when you get the sweet Thermal debuffs at t8 and t9, there won't be anything the game can throw at you that you wouldn't curbstomp until you're 50.  Then with a strong build you can curbstomp that lvl 50 content too.

No disagreement with @Hedgefund, but the benefit to /sonic would be nearly capped resists for the thugs. And one bruiser could run Disruption field with the other running sonic disruption (with the KB-KD proc). If each tier1 pet also slots the overwhelming force dam/KD IO, that’s a lot of knockdown flying around. But still, those thermal debuffs...

Did you decide on two or three masterminds? If only two, thermal gives more flexibility.

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

I've been meaning to test and verify so it's interesting to hear that Enforcer's Leadership bonuses still stack across different player's Thugs.  I always imagined that would eventually get patched out of the game, since it's beautiful but seems pretty unbalanced...

As far as resistance 2ndaries:

• /Nature also worth looking at since not only does it get an okay Resistance Shield,  it's the only set that would has an aoe team Absorb buff from Wild Bastion, that effectively increases the pets HP pool.  
  • Sonic gets you some mezz protection on top of the resistance buffs and debuffs.  
  • Thermal has awesome debuffs.

With Def capped pets but the MM's themselves not necessarily capped, you probably won't want to play in Bodyguard mode.  In that case /Kin would be better than it usually is on a MM because you could use the goto command to put pets all next to an enemy for you cast Transfusion heal onto.  Whereas in Defensive bodyguard mode the Thugs are often spread out away from  enemies so /Kin can really struggle to heal ranged pets.  /Kin damage buff combined with another a strong debuff set should reallly push damage into an impressive tier.   But I'd prefer survivability so would lean towards the Resistance sets.    You also could put out some insane dmg from 2 or 3x /Storm.    But still great damage while being more balanced and survivable might something like /Nature, /Sonic, and /Kin.   That would give a decent amount of everything.  

Another cheesy thing you can do is all take Soul Mastery for 'Oppressive Gloom'  at Mag2 each stacked by three MM's that would be a constant aura of Mag6 Stuns, or even just 2x would still Mag4 so would stun pretty much everything except EBs, AVs, and GMs....   

Edited by Dr Causality

• 2 weeks later

My gut reaction to this question, and this is also based on times on live when I ran with multiple MMs in the same group, is this: diversify. Diversify on every level, because this game is balanced around diminishing returns on every level. So if you're going to stack ATs, you normally want to do variations because multiple of the same thing quickly becomes redundant with a few exceptions. 

Since you already have so much defense layering some resist is fantastic. Sonic or thermal are both good. I don't think it's necessary to think about if you're hitting caps or not, the effectiveness of well layered defenses is very high. So I'd add a set with solid resists on top of core defense, and then move on. Literally I think the choice could be based on theme, or on if you need thermal's active heal (because of a suicidal arsonist, for instance).

The second team I'd go for debuffs. Rad or Dark are both good; Dark's debuffs aren't always appreciated (it's -regen is hidden in the heal and the aoe rez) and it's more focused on -tohit than damage boosting debuffs but it does have some (tar patch) and lots of controls. Because you have so much defense already I would give the preference to rad, as the benefit of shadowfall will be relatively less compared to a setup that didn't already have so much defense. Counterpoint though, if you want to not take maneuvers and enjoy team stealth, dark is still an option. If you go with kin for a third member, this is a stronger choice yet because it lets you wade in to the fight more easily and drop point blank fulcrum shift.

Kinetic is definitely a great third choice. You've got team durability and enemy debuffing covered already, the next thing to do is just buff buff buff yourself.

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!