Valentines Delivery Badges

Spider

Discord rejoiced as Lankey provided a heads up this weekend regarding two Valentines badges currently available through Ouroboros. 

• Matchmaker:    "Deliver 7 Valentines to the proper recipient during the Spring Event". 
  • Missed Connection:    "Misdeliver 7 Valentines to someone other than the proper recipient during the Spring Event". 

Villain alignment provides a Level 50 story arc entitled "Zev Scalamore: Wedding Crasher". Advised and confirmed on a team of four with no pre-existing tips.

• Rogue alignment also allows for access to this arc. Confirmed, solo with no pre-existing tips.
  • XXXXXXX  Although Vigilante and Hero alignment allows for access to this *story* with an arc at Level 50 (alternately entitled "Manticore's Wedding Woes").... it does not drop the Valentines tip (confirmed, either with and with-out a full plate of regular tips) . 

The Basic Goods:

• Arc completion drops a Valentine's Tip mission which provides us an option to assist Cupid with a matchmaking delivery - or to thwart betrothed hearts with an incorrectly delivered valentine.  Doing so 7 times each, provides 2 badges. Confirmed when verifying other player's badges.
  • There is NO progress bar. You must keep track of your options. Confirmed.
  • For this reason, there is no way to know if these deliveries are team credit. But it's fairly quick. No team is needed. 

Researched / confirmed today:

• The two delivery options are random. You may get a completely different set of matches each mission. Confirmed with team.
  • Some delivery contacts are not available to us on "off-season". For example: Scratch (available only during the Valentines Event). If you choose a non-deliverable contact, you may abandon that option and re-select from the Tip itself without losing the mission entirely. Confirmed with partner.
  • Some delivery contacts are specifically marked as "undeliverable" and are, in fact, deliverable based off the direction provided in the mission verbiage (ex: DJ accepting a valentine for a contact). 
  • Some delivery contacts are available through "board transportation" mission maps. So, don't necessarily dismiss a hero contact.
  • Some delivery contacts are hero NPCS in hero zones... maybe better to do this as  Rogue and not a Villain.

Oddly enough, I remember being invited to that live action wedding on the test server back in the day! My memory is fade-ish but, I'm pretty sure Manti and Sister were navigated by developer Sean Fish and his beloved that day. Oh yeah, it's coming back to me now. I was on my villain badger at the time. Black cocktail dress to the wedding. Super respectful. 

Good luck!

Edited by Spider
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Spider said:

Oddly enough, I remember being invited to that live action wedding on the test server back in the day! My memory is fade-ish but, I'm pretty sure Manti and Sister were navigated by developer Sean Fish and his beloved that day. Oh yeah, it's coming back to me now. I was on my villain badger at the time. Black cocktail dress to the wedding. Super respectful. 

I wonder how she feels about the decision to later kill Sister Psyche off a few years later so Manticore could enjoy the bachelor life again?

• Haha 1

Hello,

everyone!  My character was a Vigilante and I swapped her to Rogue to try this.  I finished three missions, each time the informational messages said I received a tip without a tip being listed.  I swapped back to Vigilante and the three tips now showed up.

I've had this behavior happen with tips before though.  I assume its because my character has not stayed at the current alignment for 7 days.

(EDIT:  Left "not" out of 'has not'.)

Edited by Lorraine of Pinnacle

Originally, I ran three tip missions as a Rogue.  Received two tips.  On the last mission, the last box spawned outside of the warehouse.  Once I swapped back to Vigilante, two tips appeared.  I wondered if running the Wedding mission would behave the same way (give a tip that wouldn't show up.)  No it does not.  No tip is awarded.

(EDIT:  The word "One" was actually supposed to be "On".)

Edited by Lorraine of Pinnacle

If you are confused about the tip not appearing, you are probably looking for it before leaving the ouroboros arc. Call Zev Scalamore or quit the arc and it should appear.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

• 1 month later

I found a way to keep track of progress: every delivery you make, you get either an arrow of jealousy or an arrow of romance, five charges each time.  Just keep track of how many charges you have.  When you get to 35 of one or the other you should have a badge.  After that, work on the other.

On 10/23/2019 at 5:27 PM, Burk said:

If you are confused about the tip not appearing, you are probably looking for it before leaving the ouroboros arc. Call Zev Scalamore or quit the arc and it should appear.

So right now can the tip missions be done blueside? Or is it just redside?

The tips themselves don't care about your alignment, though being able to reach the recipient might require going blueside. Its just you have to be redside to get Zev's arc and his is the only one that drops the tip. If you're farming it, Rogue would be the most convenient to use.

From Champion (Hero) and Infinity (Villain), currently playing on Everlasting.

Former member of the Hammers of Justice on Champion.

Raid leader for 'Everlasting TFs'.

Mains: Trickery Girl (Ill/Rad Controller), Burk (Sword/Shield Stalker), and 6 other complete badge characters.

• 2 weeks later
On 12/16/2019 at 6:05 AM, Bionic_Flea said:

I found a way to keep track of progress: every delivery you make, you get either an arrow of jealousy or an arrow of romance, five charges each time.  Just keep track of how many charges you have.  When you get to 35 of one or the other you should have a badge.  After that, work on the other.

This didn't work for me; there wasn't a correlation between delivery/mis-delivery and romance/jealousy. For example, mis-delivering the note from Desdemona to Johnny Sonata awarded arrows of romance.

• 2 weeks later
On 10/13/2019 at 11:05 PM, Piyerus said:

I wonder how she feels about the decision to later kill Sister Psyche off a few years later so Manticore could enjoy the bachelor life again?

funny. Personally I wasn't happy at all about her or states being killed off. And by nobody like wade.....

• 2 years later

Ok, this is odd. As far as I know I did not have any credit towards the matchmaker badge. This test was two-fold. The Valentine/Spring event has not started for 2022 yet but I found this thread and decided to try it out. I can confirm that this method works. You can also do the tip/delivery missions outside of the event to get credit. I just got the matchmaker badge. I only did 4 runs of the Zev arc and got tips to drop during the mission. I got 4 delivery tip missions and was able to complete them. So, as far as I know, I only needed 4 to get the badge and this system works even outside of the event. I am now going to do the misdeliveries and see what happens.

Edited by Qwerty MacDoogal

Qwerty MacDoogal 50+3 Fire/Emp Controller 1600 Badges

RadE8 50+3 Rad/Rad Tank 1599 Badges

V Idiot V 50+3 Dark/Staff Tank 1599 Badges

Peenutz 50+3 Kin/Rad Defender 1503 Badges

Ok! Among some RL aggro and 6 Zev arcs, I was able to get the Missed Connection badge. I'm thinking I must have run a few of these in the past and got partial credit for each badge. Anyhoo, I got both badges by running Zevs Arc through Ouroboros. During each arc I got 1 tip mission to drop. Each tip was a valentine delivery. I got a smattering of Arrows of Jealousy and Arrows of Romance. They dropped randomly and didn't matter if I was delivering or misdelivering. But as I said in my original post, this was a two-fold test. One was to see if it worked and also to see if it worked outside of the Valentine/Spring event. 

Qwerty MacDoogal 50+3 Fire/Emp Controller 1600 Badges

RadE8 50+3 Rad/Rad Tank 1599 Badges

V Idiot V 50+3 Dark/Staff Tank 1599 Badges

Peenutz 50+3 Kin/Rad Defender 1503 Badges