It has doomed me.

Chalkarts

I remember being a hardcore MMO guy back in the day.

I abruptly walked away from the genre around the same time as CoH went down.(Not related, just coincidental)

In the intervening years I learned a craft, Made a major move, gotten married, and started writing a book.

Then, One night I was surfing around Youtube and saw a vid, Upcoming 2019 MMOs,

so for the heck of it I hit play.

I was half paying attention, then I heard it.  At the edge of my perception I heard the host say, "City of Heroes"

I perked up, and immediately hit rewind. 

I confirmed that this was real, and immediately downloaded Homecoming.

I've been back for a month maybe,

and I've already determined that this is sucking me in again.

I no longer draw or write, I just pummel mobs.

Productive me has been slain by Arachnos.

but,

I ain't mad about it.  I'm glad it's back.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Like any pursuits that we find preferable, pleasurable, or just plain necessary, it's all about balance.  You play in between the "have to" things, and the "should do" things, as this definitely falls into the "want to" category.  Some other things in your life that were also in that category likely find this competing for your time, and attention.  But, you will feel better knowing, while you might not get to play as much as you'd really like, you're also not putting off more important things, or people in your life.  I recall doing that in the original run, and I made a point not to fall into that behavior this time around, and it's worked out pretty well.

What was no more, is REBORN!

Homecoming hasn't doomed me...YET.  Frankly I'm still holding off until the "LEGIT" flag hits.  I am having a blast with the costumes and learning the game with low level stuff.  In the meantime, I have been doomed by other MMO's. (AO, ESO, Defiance) :D

• Like 1

It's been 48 hours since my last new alt and I'm starting to get twitchy....

I get up early and play before work for a while every morning, when it's time to go, it's time to go. Keeps me from devolving into sitting in the dark in my underwear sucking Mountain Dew half buried in a pile of empty Dorito's Bags and......sorry....little too much.

• Haha 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

22 hours ago, Marine X said:

I get up early and play before work for a while every morning, when it's time to go, it's time to go. Keeps me from devolving into sitting in the dark in my underwear sucking Mountain Dew half buried in a pile of empty Dorito's Bags and......sorry....little too much.

I go to work,

My wife would divorce me and then murder me if I skipped work to game.

I have a good handle on the hard Consequences of totally neglecting life, lol.

I just used to be a creative person with goals.

Now I'm a sentinel.