Kismet+6% Acc

pblue

I wasn't sure about this.  so I did a quick test.   I does not seem to affect the pets.   Where to slot it, I usually have it slotted in Maneuvers, I do use the MM's personal attacks.

The Pet was re-summoned between unslotting and slotting Kismet, and also while I cycled Maneuvers off and back on.  Just to make sure everything was cleared out.

• With the Kismet slotted:
    • [20:31:02] Stink: HIT Council Empire Force! Your Pistols power had a 62.39% chance to hit, you rolled a 35.06.
  • Without Kismet:
    • [20:24:21] Stink: MISSED Council Empire Force!! Your Pistols power had a 62.39% chance to hit, you rolled a 94.80.

- bonus curiosity test -

Since I was curious, and this test was against a +4 level 54 minion.   I checked what the to hit was for the T1 Thug with 6 Slotted Gaussians in Tactics.

[20:38:04] Stink: HIT Council Empire Force! Your Pistols power had a 86.96% chance to hit, you rolled a 16.32.

Edited by SmalltalkJava
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later
1 hour ago, HelenCarnate said:

Set bonuses do not apply to pets unless it is one of the uniques specifically for pets. Kismet counts as a set bonus.

Does this mean that a 9% accuracy bonus from 4 lotgs would not apply to pets? Seems to me like it should, but based on your wording it wouldn't.

So, tactics is just extra important for MMs.

12 minutes ago, Darkir said:

So, tactics is just extra important for MMs

I find it very useful. In +3 +4 content.   And against the -acc using mobs.  
the acc bonus from lotg doesn’t affect them either.    Pets are rather gimped when it comes to sets.  Just the 6 pet aura iOS and iOS actively slotted on them that impact abilities they use. P

Edited by SmalltalkJava

1 hour ago, Darkir said:

Does this mean that a 9% accuracy bonus from 4 lotgs would not apply to pets? Seems to me like it should, but based on your wording it wouldn't.

So, tactics is just extra important for MMs.

That is correct.  And yes, MMs really should take leadership to be effective. 

1 hour ago, HelenCarnate said:

That is correct.  And yes, MMs really should take leadership to be effective. 

I wouldn't say such a blanket statement myself.  Lot of secondary sets have tohit buffs and/or significant defense debuffs.  In those cases, tactics can be useful sure, but is much less important.  

11 hours ago, Riverdusk said:

I wouldn't say such a blanket statement myself.  Lot of secondary sets have tohit buffs and/or significant defense debuffs.  In those cases, tactics can be useful sure, but is much less important.  

And many of those are not available until higher levels and or require a decent amount of recharge to be perma and some (not all) of those require a to hit check as well before they can apply the debuff.  Also your pets are lower level than you meaning that higher level mobs are even more difficult for them to hit.  I stand by my statement.

I agree, there is rarely a good reason to skip Leadership on a MM. I mean, half the powers in most MM primaries are useless (the personal attacks) so it's not like you're going to be starved for power picks. Leadership toggles work fine with only one slot, for the most part, so you don't even need to devote that many resources to them. In short, it's not that Leadership is necessarily all that great, it's just that MMs don't have that many useful options compared to most other ATs.

Also, running tactics (when combined with the Supremacy buff) means your pets require less accuracy slotting which permits more flexibility in slotting procs and the defense and resistance pet bonuses. Most pets are slot starved, so this added flexibility pays real dividends. 

The Splintered Soul Project: (Nyght****) 21 and counting (18 max). 

DSorrow: “Give a man a build export and you feed him for a day, teach him to build and he's fed for a lifetime.

5 hours ago, HelenCarnate said:

And many of those are not available until higher levels and or require a decent amount of recharge to be perma and some (not all) of those require a to hit check as well before they can apply the debuff.  Also your pets are lower level than you meaning that higher level mobs are even more difficult for them to hit.  I stand by my statement.

Again, generally can agree and usually do take it on MOST of my MM builds. This thread made me think particularly of my necro/time that I'm currently working on.  It IS power choice starved and having a tough time trying to fit in tactics, and so far doing fine without it.  I'd say I was "effective" anyway.  Farsight is not what I consider high level, replaces tactics +tohit exactly (and that's before power boost), and only requires SO slotting to be perma.

Your statement that you have to take tactics in order to be "effective" is pretty much what I take issue with.  There is very little you have to do in this game period in order to be "effective". 

So, I also stand by my statement as well.  Tactics is generally a good choice, but is less important to some sets and you can certainly be "effective" without it. 

Edited by Riverdusk

On 11/1/2019 at 3:09 PM, Riverdusk said:

Tactics is generally a good choice, but is less important to some sets and you can certainly be "effective" without it.

Rad and Time do quite well without Tactics. Perhaps Pain also. Storm and Cold's -Defense powers are harder to use. But Rad, Time, and possibly Pain, can do pretty well without Tactics.

The argument that Leadership is good for MMs more because they have more throw-away powers than because it's a great set is not a bad argument. But it does only cover most MMs rather than all. Just as a note, I think that Necro, Beast, and Demon MMs have pretty good personal attacks and should be taking 2-3 of them. So my Necro/Rad has no room for Leadership, while Robots/FF would certainly have room for it, with crappy personal attacks and several throw-away powers in the secondary.