Virtue Roll Call!

tolrick

• 4 weeks later

G'day team!

I played Virtue Blueside from launch until Issue 3. My main was Titanium Tiger (Katana/Regen Scrapper).

Took a $ related break until CoV launch, and then played mostly Redside (still Virtue) from Issue 6-9. Main was Savage Instinct (Dark/Regen Brute).

Absolutely loved the community and RPing - spent as much time chatting with other toons as I did in missions.

I reluctantly canned my subscription when I went off to uni, and by the time I had the time/$ resources to pick it back up in grad school the official servers had already been sunset Really sad day when I tried to re-install CoV and found that out.

I had NO IDEA the community servers came back up until last year, when I stumbled across them trying to find a file of the old launch music. Now on Everlasting trying out a bunch of different toons to get a feel for all the changes since Issue 9!

I gotta say, it's good to be back.

-AE

• 2 weeks later
8 hours ago, AlexistheFluffy said:

I'm not actually a dude anymore. Trans rights are human rights and all that. 

Yeah... well, I understand that. One can say I never was a guy...dude, etc. But I pretended to be one IRL all the time. 

BTW User name was my old character (well my main, I had bad altism, still do

https://www.virtueverse.net/wiki/Guardian_Angels <- Old Supergroup

Edited by Mariel Martog
adding SG info.

2 minutes ago, Mariel Martog said:

Yeah... well, I understand that. One can say I never was a guy...dude, etc. But I pretended to be one IRL all the time. 

You make a good point. I got so good at pretending I completely fooled myself for over 30 years. Still mid transition and everything is chaotic, but my true self is slowly maturing. God what a journey it's been... 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AlexistheFluffy said:

You make a good point. I got so good at pretending I completely fooled myself for over 30 years. Still mid transition and everything is chaotic, but my true self is slowly maturing. God what a journey it's been... 

Currently joking on Discord about dense Egg mechanics. aka The Masculine Desire to play an Elvin Sorceress in Elder Scrolls. (1st person RPG)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later

Whew, also hung around on Virtue back in the day, mostly on Blue side, and almost entirely with the Jadewire for the few years I was playing the game - played a tanker named Kori Sivila. Definitely wish I had more time to play now, but I'm trying to get back into it with a few friends. Always have the fondest memories of Virtue, though, compared to any other MMO I've played.

• 4 months later
  • 1 month later

had a wide assortment of characters, but my main was Quantum Ted (Grav/FF controller). and since in the intervening years, i've stopped refusing to introspect and started transitioning, i decided to do the same for my main, so her new iteration is Tara Quantica (Grav/Dark Controller). done because the first iteration was created pre-ED and pre-GDN, she deserves to remain my main.

also had an MA/Regen scrapper Marsha Generation (recreated as a brute with the same sets), and a red-side Ninja/Trick Arrow mastermind, Ninja Skull Buhnee. been far too long to remember the myriad other alts. old global was @ArcticFahx as well.

Edited by SnowVix
  • Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later

I mainly played on Virtue with my beloved roomie who usually went by Enfexion as a handle, and played the Gloaming among others.  I started with Magmatude, the Fissure King, the Eclipse Project, the Longing, Trauma Unit 9, and Ion Eyes.  Currently the founder of the J Barefoot Memorial Society in case he ever finds homecoming (he's not dead, just out of touch).  Hope to run into him again some day. 

Just found out about this private server yesterday, and I'm all kinds of excited about being back into CoH. I was an NCsoft employee (not a dev) from 2004-2006, and played quite a bit of CoH during that time. My main was a Fire/Ice blaster on Virtue named Heaven and Hell. I've kinda recreated him on Everlasting, although his appearance isn't quite the same as it was before. Just started playing again yesterday after not having played much at all since getting laid off from NCsoft back in 2006, so there's actually tons of stuff in the game that's completely new to me. Honestly, I don't remember any names from back in the day, but if anyone should somehow recognize me, feel free to say hi.

Ah Virtue...where I converted Thunder-Puncher from the pen and paper medium over to a digital mmo...and somehow got it to work almost exactly how I had imagined him to be in game. The flexibility and diversity of the game engine (even back during live) kept my orbital interest long after shutdown...gleaning for the possibility that somewhere, out there, there was still a city - a city of heroes.

There is something to be said about keeping the faith - don't stop believing.

Hello Virtue, Paragonian Knights, Grae Knight and Lady Grae. Guess TP finally made it back home. 😄

• 2 months later

I played on Virtue, I helped head up the Supergroup Evolution. My main character was Lock Down, an Emp/Elec Defender. I am back as Electric Dawn because every iteration of "Lock Down" is taken, sadly. 

Hello fellow Virtue server players and if you remember or were in Evolution (First to farm Hami) greetings from 20 years past.

• Like 1

EVOBanner2.0.gif.b8a23d2dce8e04c9b2399cd67f55aab0.gif

• 5 months later
  • 3 weeks later
On 12/19/2023 at 8:04 PM, Fist said:

Hi y'all.

I played Sovereign Fist on Virtue, as well as Statesboy (till he got generic'd) and on the forums I was Haetron.

Feeling nostalgic and checked in.

Holy FUCK! Statesboy!  Hope you're still doing good!

I poked around Homecoming a few years back and got some of the nostalgia out of my system before life took my time away again, but never met anyone from back in the day, then Starchasm tells me that Homecoming just got an official license from NCSoft and she was wanting to give it a spin again, so i come back, and freaking Statesboy! I'll be hanging out at random times online, though mostly after 10:30 pm cst. My global should be @Absinthiumbut I'll edit this with what it is if that turns out to be wrong.

• Like 2

On 12/19/2023 at 6:04 PM, Fist said:

Hi y'all.

I played Sovereign Fist on Virtue, as well as Statesboy (till he got generic'd) and on the forums I was Haetron.

Feeling nostalgic and checked in.

And you nuked Ghost Widow

• Like 1

DJ Tenchi / Mistress Demonica here. Great to see so many familiar faces. There has never been a more caring, creative and out right astounding community in an MMO since all of you. You all made an impact in my life and I hope I left an impact in yours.

• Like 1

I played on Virtue and Freedom primarily but had a smattering of other characters here and there, my main was Mindscion on Virtue however, don't know if anyone I played with is still around or life just keeps them busy elsewhere. 

On 6/24/2023 at 8:56 PM, Lock-Down said:

I played on Virtue, I helped head up the Supergroup Evolution. My main character was Lock Down, an Emp/Elec Defender. I am back as Electric Dawn because every iteration of "Lock Down" is taken, sadly. 

Hello fellow Virtue server players and if you remember or were in Evolution (First to farm Hami) greetings from 20 years past.

Hey, how have you been?! It's me, Chao! You know, the guy who insisted on proving dark/dark scrapping was cool back when it was gimped (and proved it!). I replied to your other thread. Man, that was awesome when we were the first to take down Hamidon. I maintained the SG and website after things died down for a while and continued to administrate until shutdown. We moved to DCUO and merged with a group called New Dawn (and I migrated the website to a New Dawn website, which sadly is no more) which I administered until most of the members got interested in SWG, so after my three year hosting contract was up I transferred it to someone else and they stopped paying for it, so I lost track of everyone after that. 

• Like 1