Drop a name, pick up a name!

Primana

• 2 weeks later

In celebration of our getting a lot of new folks in-game, I did a clean-up of unused character ideas and freed up a few fun ones...

Winging It

BR0bot

Lady Autumn

Never Mind

... are all up for grabs. Somebody go do something fun with them! 😎

Taker of screenshots. Player of creepy Oranbegans and Rularuu bird-things.

Kai's Diary: The Scrapbook of a Sorcerer's Apprentice

Looking for the 'snowbunny' name if anyone has it, here are some that I did release to the wild:

Monkey Woman

Absorbing Woman

Ms. Blizzard

Killer Scream

Archduchess

Junglecat

Rocket Lad

Invisible Boy

Edited by Snowbunny
New names dropped

10 hours ago, Snowbunny said:

Looking for the 'snowbunny' name if anyone has it, here are some that I did release to the wild:

Monkey Woman

Absorbing Woman

Ms. Blizzard

Killer Scream

Archduchess

In game, you can use /getglobalname Snowbunny to find out who has it, and send them a global tell to see if they're down for a trade or a release. Bear in mind, there's always going to be names that were snapped up early on by players who haven't logged in for years. The name reservation policy remains as fraught as it was on Live.

• Thumbs Up 1

Reposting this because changed plans changed again.

I'm looking for some names I released last year, hoping to get them back if they're not in active use.

Girlpower

Tru

I know a couple of the other names I had - Stardust, Wench, and Peril Girl - are actively being used, but if the people who own the above aren't using them and wouldn't mind releasing them, I'd love to give my characters their names back.  Thanks!

I've been sitting on these names for a while, and since so many new players have joined us, I'm releasing them for new, prospective heroes and villains:

Catwalk

Twilight Sentinel

Silver Siryn

Angel-Hawk

On 1/13/2024 at 7:57 PM, Truepenny said:

I'm looking for some names I released last year, hoping to get them back if they're not in active use.

Girlpower

Tru

I know a couple of the other names I had - Stardust, Wench, and Peril Girl - are actively being used, but if the people who own the above aren't using them and wouldn't mind releasing them, I'd love to give my characters their names back.  Thanks!

I don't have the Girlpower, but if you're looking for something similar, I have the name Strong-Girl, if you're interested.  Send me a PM.

23 minutes ago, SuperJoe said:

I don't have the Girlpower, but if you're looking for something similar, I have the name Strong-Girl, if you're interested.  Send me a PM.

Thank you for the offer! I have a name that works for the character for the time being. She's psionic, not physically strong, so Strong-Girl wouldn't work for her, but I do appreciate it!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/13/2024 at 8:57 PM, Truepenny said:

Girlpower

Tru

If you look at the post immediately before yours, you will see how you can find out who has these names. You are far, far more likely to connect with those players via in-game tells than posts in this forum. 

Edited by Panache

9 hours ago, Panache said:

If you look at the post immediately before yours, you will see how you can find out who has these names. You are far, far more likely to connect with those players via in-game tells than posts in this forum. 

Yup! Already done, but haven't heard anything. I was hoping maybe one of them might have checked this site even if they weren't logging into the game.

• Like 1

Picked up USAlien

Dropping Kid Hyperion and Grand Bulwark later today, if someone wants one of those names feel free to message me and we can figure out a time where I can drop it for you.

Anyone have any good recommendations for a Psi/Nin Stalker. She's 24, a silver-age superhero type. Bubbly, upbeat and positive. Used to be named Girlpower, but it seems the person who snagged that name when I lost it doesn't play anymore.

Just got back to playing City of Heroes after hearing it was back up and running. So good to be back and playing.

As a sign of gratitude, I searched for some names that haven't been taken as of yet. A little more on the villainous side.

Billy Butcherson

Bloodthirsty Betty

Bog Reaper

Bonkers the Clown

Butcher Block

Butcherblock

Celler Dweller

Chopping Brock

Chucklez

Cornstalker

Count Vigor

Crouchy

Cuddles the Clown

Dagger Mike

Deady Bear

Deady Teddy

Demonic Dahlia

Dr. Needles

Ellie Hatchet

Evelyn Leech

Grim Graven

Grinning Gerty

Jack Carver

Jester Chester

Hope someone can find use any of these or is at least inspired.

See you all in game.

• Like 1