Tips Missions, how to get them started?

Tolk63

Hey all.

As the title mentions, I am looking for how I can start up the Tips missions. I've gone to two different contacts that are in my tips window, and have run about 5 missions with the second one I found.... yet I seem to be getting nothing but the XP and Inf from these missions.

When I go to the window that shows my climb through the Alignment Points, I've earned nothing. 

Thanks for reading.

About the only requirement is that your character needs to be L20.

Further details can be found on the wiki.

Edited by Oubliette_Red
  • Like 1

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

Right on the Wiki, I've read it a couple of times now and it's confusing me because of a few things that don't quite match what it is telling me.

My character is level 40, so I've obviously defeated plenty of NPCs to this point.

I have the Tips tab in my contact window, yet I don't have any actual missions under that tab. Wiki says I will get that tab once I have a defeated enemy hand over a Tips mission to me. I also do not have the Tipped Off badge.

Makes me curious as to why I have the Tips tab as it says its an earned thing, yet no missions and no badge.

Tips drop in a ten level range; 10-19, 20-29, etc. When you outlevel a range, all the tips you had before are deleted, and you need to collect new ones. Since you are level 40, you might not have had any drop since they were last deleted.

When you get a tip, you will see a yellow pop-up, like the ones for recipes, salvage,etc. Watch for that, and then check your tip window.

Not having Tipped Off implies that you've never had one drop at all though. I can only think of two reasons for that:

-You're a Praetorian and stayed in Praetoria doing Night Ward and First Ward rather than taking the mission to go to Primal Earth and become a Hero or Villain. Praetorians can't get tips until they leave Praetoria and puck a side.

-You've leveled solely in AE with AE rewards (tickets) rather than standard rewards. AE rewards will not grant tickets. Even if you have standard rewards selected, I'm not sure if AE will drop tips.

If neither of those are the case, I have no idea gow you got to 40 without any tips dropping.

• Thanks 1

If you have a base with the mission computer, you can create tip missions, I find once you get the ball rolling tip missions should start popping up as you play.

Make sure you defeat all baddies when playing your tip mission. A lot of times I get additional tip missions from enemies I skipped past earlier.

• Like 2

In general on my level 50 I get tip missions from killing arachnoids or circle of thorns in Grandville. After I kill some 20, sometimes a few more, it's unlikely I do not yet have a tip.

Might be interesting to see the result you get from the same experiment. If you are blueside I think you can do the same in Peregrine island, or you can switch to vigilante at Null the Gull, in Pocket D, and go to do same in Grandville.

Access to them can apparenty be boughten with merits.  Never did that, not sure how it works, but the mission  computer or oracle in a SG base is apparently involved.

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291