Extra Generic Icons / Macro Specific Icons or Ring

Lost Ninja

Because /macro_image is a thing, it'd be nice if there were some generic icons that we can use that aren't tied to a specific power/set/AT/etc. Ideally these icons would be things like alphanumeric symbols, in game symbols, on and off icons... that sort of thing. Better yet they can be changed by the users (with overrides).

I have quite a lot of macros that use the Icon of the power the represent, while I can right click (or in some cases mouse over) the icon to see which is a macro and which a power. It'd be nice if there were some (optional) in game method to distinguish Macro Icons from Power icons. I think a dashed ring would be ideal. Like the auto/snipe/power activating ring but dashed (so not a solid line).

Edited by Lost Ninja

Does /macro_image work with custom texture not normally present in the game files?

As a workaround, you could use the icons from temporary powers or ones the character unmistakably does not possess the set for (such as Luminous Blast on a non-Kheldian). Of note as well: you can use the regular /macro command and the macro's name will be used as an alphanumeric on the button it creates.

17 hours ago, megaericzero said:

Does /macro_image work with custom texture not normally present in the game files?

As a workaround, you could use the icons from temporary powers or ones the character unmistakably does not possess the set for (such as Luminous Blast on a non-Kheldian). Of note as well: you can use the regular /macro command and the macro's name will be used as an alphanumeric on the button it creates.

If you update the Icons in the game files using one of the packs that fix icons. I believe that the /macro_image will show the updated texture. But even if you could do it will completely new textures I wouldn't know how to get /macro_image to even see the new texture.

And I already use other icons, love some of the icons that come with mob/pet powers. The idea sprung on me as I was adding some new macros to my master list and it occurred to me that a change like this would probably be in the database side of the game and not need actual code to function so could* be quite easy to add.

*With the usual caveat that I'm not a coder nor do I have access to the actual code of the game (even if I could I probably wouldn't understand it, so this might be a massively complex thing to add... 😉

Top of my wishlist for macro icons would be the ability to use a power icon and link to the cooldown animation of that icon. Powexec_location is fantastically useful but having to have both the macro and the original power in my tray to monitor the cooldown is a pain.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, parabola said:

Top of my wishlist for macro icons would be the ability to use a power icon and link to the cooldown animation of that icon. Powexec_location is fantastically useful but having to have both the macro and the original power in my tray to monitor the cooldown is a pain.

That and the rings around active powers/snipes/etc.

Anyone know the img format, sizing, extention for those?  As someone who has made billions of graphics the hard part seems to be making the game read them, but I can't imagine its more diffucult than having my base play 'Spirit in the Sky' on loop every time I am in there.  

Edit:  only refering to new/more variety of icons, not the coding to make the macro read cool down times or have them light up etc.

Edited by EmmySky