Ebil Wednesday 3: Return of the Ebil

Broken_Prey

So it's Wednesday, 

I haven't been marketing much this week as I have been making a lot of builds. So I spent most of my inf, so I'll be starting to make it back soon. 

I saw this post Empty auctionhouse and it had me wondering. I haven't had a problem getting the builds I want, in fact it is a lot easier. I have changed my way because on live I would buy the recipes and make them. However, on Homecoming I buy the attuned IO.  But would stocking the market be a bad thing if the price was set high, like savage? I don't think it is really needed because it has been easier than ever to get the builds you want. Maybe some people are stuck in the old ways of doing thing. 

How has your marketing been going? 

• Like 1

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps

My play time has taken a big hit so i have been focusing on playing the game, but I will buy a super pack or two and convert until its worth 10 mil or more, breaking even.  I haven't checked my niche recipe market in almost a month, so I don't know if anyone has moved in.

I have given up on crashing the price of rare salvage, it would just burn too much influence.

I end up spending inf as fast as i make it, but i try and keep 1.5 billion liquid on my main for "emergencies"

Miracles are back in a big way, so smoke 'em if you got 'em.  I noticed the display bug was back, but that there were none for sale less than 10mm (88 were for sale).  A few hours ago, I took two stacks of lvl 31 harmonized healing IOs that I bought months ago for 150,000, converted each of them by healing to Miracles, then by set to the proc.  I figure on average it cost me 15 converters a pop. 

I just checked in and most of them sold.  Note that the last 5 history is showing a lot of 5,005,000.  That's me, but my bid was only for ten.  Be careful about selling for 5 inf!  You never know what the bid is!

Who run Bartertown?

Hmmmm....Miracles you say....

(Runs off to bid 5,005,031 so it isn't so obvious).

Read the Empty Auction house thread. Some good thoughts in there. I dont think the market needs to be "seeded" which is what I gather the OP was considering. Lots of recipies to go around if that's your thing. I don't really understand why people just dont skip to the the chase and simply buy Attuned IOs though.  I have plenty for sale at reasonable prices. 

Didn't make scads of influence this week but was also watching my 3 year old nephew. I did let him fly around for a while which he seemed to love, designed a cpl of costumes, hideous things which I dutifully saved for his next visit and that was about that. 

I have abandoned my list high and ignore idea. Now I just list and try to ignore.

Only real thing I have going on is trying to buy 300 some odd boosters to pimp out my blaster.  I guess I should probably go buy the enhancements that go along with it so I can strip it of the Attuned sets. 

Edited by Sakai

I rarely run IO set niches anymore.  But it seems to me that there is a lot less interest in providing supply than there used to be.  I’m guessing that most of the people who are in the best shape to provide that supply are bored with it.  I’ve probably sold 30 crafted miracles for profits of 5-10mm a piece today.  And I’m like, so what?  What am going to spend it on?

Boosters!  J/k

• Haha 1

Who run Bartertown?

Had a couple of folks move into my niche and run the purchase prices up crazy high, so I am taking a break.  Play time has been severely curtailed by RL so maybe this next week I'll have extra time to play since we aren't doing anything for Thanksgiving this year.

So I got a new mouse today(Razer DeathAdder) that has a much higher DPI than my previous(Logitech G602). What does this have to do with marketing? As mentioned previously I do in set conversions to make some of my influence. About 50-120 a day, so I'm doing lots of clicking and dragging. Got the timing down pretty good, I'll drop the enhancement, click and immediately go back to pick it back up again in case it didn't convert to what I wanted. If I get the conversion I want I'll generally catch it slightly before I drop the enhancement again to convert. Got the timing and rhythm down pretty good at this point, do hundreds of drag and drops a day. Well the much faster speed setting for my mouse has thrown off my timing and several times this evening I've converted an enhancement I didn't want to because the muscle memory makes it automatic.

Not really complaining, I just find it interesting.

Edited by MunkiLord

17 hours ago, Sakai said:

Ended up buying 2 too many Miracles for my Blapper build somehow.  I blame the tequila at my side.  They just instasold for 15 million.  That's dumb.

Out of curiousness, how did this come about?  Did you post them and you sold instantly into the highest outstanding bid?  Or did you post them and they sold "later" (maybe seconds/minutes later) when someone came in with a bid of 15mm?  If the former, then there are problems in the queue.

If you care to tell, where did you post them?

Who run Bartertown?

Kind of played out like this....

Saw I had them....listed  1 for slightly below what i believe is a reasonable price and 5-10 seconds later sale notification came up. Listed the 2nd for the same price because I am much too lazy to change numbers and the same thing happened. 

Could be I've found the sweet spot which would be awesome except I have no idea what i tossed them up for. 

I was at an actual WW as well so possibly I was rewarded by the operation  for helping to keep one of their physical stores relevant in the current online shopping atmosphere that persists in our society today. 

My favorite pizza place, which is now a mere 5 blocks away since I moved (hell yeah I'm having pizza tonight) gives me a 15% discount for pick up orders to battle the loss to Skip The Dishes so it that  scenario seems plausible to me. 

Tough to say. 

Ha!  

I only ask because I have several* for offer, and if there was a bid outstanding for over 10mm, it should have transacted when the bid came in.  Curious!  It sounds like the system reacted to your offer, which should only happen if there were no other offers under 15mm.  Not concerned enough to file a report!

*by several I mean lots and lots and lots.  If you want one for free, send me a pm.  They are mostly level 31.

Edited by Yomo Kimyata
added "for free"

Who run Bartertown?

Lol. Thank you for the offer but I imagine I have a cpl kicking around collecting dust in my SG storage. 

With the exception of occasionally tinkering with a misty pool room I've been working in I havent really wanderd through there in weeks. 

Does make me wonder what other treasures I have though. 

Hmmmmm.....

We have a nice little community as Ebil as we are. 

Edited by Sakai

11 hours ago, MunkiLord said:

What's a good rate of influence gain if focusing on the market? Since I started tracking my influence slightly more closely, I've been profiting about 305.8 million a day. I know that's not considered slow by any means, but that's been my average since October 3 when I counted it all.

I like to target 1-3mm per trade.  How many trades you do per day is partly based on demand, and partly based on how many times you can convert something before you get bored!  300mm/day is almost certainly more than almost anyone "needs", but when did that ever stop anyone?

• Like 2

Who run Bartertown?

Expanding off the Empty Auctionhouse thread mentioned by Broken_Prey in the first post, what’s your go to policy for recipes that drop?

Personally, I now craft every recipe under lvl 50 that doesn’t require rare salvage.  Convert them into something if they are worth under 2mm.  Craft every purple, convert until I can sell it for over 20mm.  Craft every pvp, convert until I can sell for 9+mm.  Rare recipes almost always get vendored unless I think I can sell them for more than 2mm or I can make 5mm from crafting it.

Who run Bartertown?

On 11/24/2019 at 11:14 PM, MunkiLord said:

What's a good rate of influence gain if focusing on the market? Since I started tracking my influence slightly more closely, I've been profiting about 305.8 million a day. I know that's not considered slow by any means, but that's been my average since October 3 when I counted it all.

I'm making about 120 million a day but I spend maybe 15 minutes a day. I sell most of my stuff for 1-3 million, some do sell for more. I could make more but I'm making enough to fund all my builds. 

• Like 4

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps