Main not getting tailor discount tickets for fashion designer day job?

Doctor Feh

Hi,

On several alt toons I've gotten the 20% discount tailor tickets for logging out at Icon or Facemaker for the fashion designer day job. I finally got my main toon out of Praetoria (where you can't do it because Rita doesn't count for whatever reason) and went to Facemaker, and although she's showing the proper day job buff she still has yet to receive a single discount ticket despite having been logged out there overnight on a few occasions now.

Is this a bug or what? I'm bummed because she's the one I most wanted several costumes for (mistress of disguise concept).

You may need to be logged out for 20-24 hours at a time for the tickets to accrue.  This is after receiving the badge.  I am not sure what the time frame is but I think its similar to the crafting discount.

Edited by EmmySky
Sp
  • Thanks 1

Supposedly the discount ticket accrues after being continuously logged out for 24 hours without a login during that time.  Basically a login to the character resets the countdown timer for getting a ticket.  Which I guess means you just need to logout in ICON/Facemaker and not log into the character for a week (or two?) in order to rack up the maximum number of discount tickets.

Don't play the character for days (plural) ... get a makeover ticket(s)?

Yeah, there's something wrong with this economic model ...

• Like 1

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

Sounds like these work the same as the invention discount tokens.

Okay yeah, so I managed to stay away from logging her in for at least a full day and there were two tickets in her salvage this morning. I guess I didn't realize that the alts who had gotten them before had been logged out for such long stretches.

And yeah, that is strange that it's basically rewarding you for *not* playing, or at least not playing that particular toon. Though maybe because CoX went F2P relatively late in its lifecycle. Most F2P games in the modern era seem to want to encourage you to log in as much as possible with daily rewards, etc. and Black Desert Online is even built around supporting people never logging out at all.

Which isn't to say Homecoming needs to do this since it's a donation model run by volunteers, just it's interesting to see the opposite.