Ski Slope Badges

Voltor

Okay so the ski slope appears to be open year round, yay!

Here's how you could get the 3 badges from each ski slope, total of 6. Bronze, Silver and Gold depending on your finish time.

Prestige power slide + flight speed boost, run speed boost and jump speed boost from your base's empowerment buff station.

use flight on its own to travel the slopes and you should easily get bronze medal. Or activate prestige power slide and get near the finish line then stop and wait until you know you are in the bronze medal time frame.

on the advanced ski slope, if you can get to the portal that warps you to the second half of the slope with 21 seconds on the clock you are doing good.  There will be that part where you can drop and go under the chunk of ground or jump onto it and keep going. Either way risks time loss but with run and jump speed boosted from your base empowerment station, time the jump right and you sail right over it and back onto the track and keep on cruising.

Other then that, keep practicing. 

Also afterburner can be handy as an inertial reduction.

• Thanks 4

25 alts with all the badges!

I'd also note that you can meet the times you need to finish by with the movement buffs from a Kinetics buffer.  You'll need Speed Boost and Inertial Reduction, which will increase your running and (of all things) "falling" speed so that you can complete the course fast enough to win gold medals.  This is especially true for the advanced course.

Good to know that the same thing can be achieved using SG Base Empowerment Station buffing.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

18 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

I'd also note that you can meet the times you need to finish by with the movement buffs from a Kinetics buffer.  You'll need Speed Boost and Inertial Reduction, which will increase your running and (of all things) "falling" speed so that you can complete the course fast enough to win gold medals.  This is especially true for the advanced course.

Good to know that the same thing can be achieved using SG Base Empowerment Station buffing.

Correct a kinetic buffer is the more standard way of getting the medals, and there is also the "teleport chain" method of a team with everyone having recall friend.

But the Base empowerment method is great for this time of year when the event isn't officially running and some players are likely not even thinking of the ski slopes. :)

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Axis said:

Easy to get gold with Super Speed & Combat Jumping.  Just do small jump turns to correct your course without losing speed.  I have trouble slowing down enough to get bronze.

Yeah back in the day an alt of mine had super speed and easily got them, but that isn't my favorite travel power by far and none of my alts have it now, even the rebuilt one that did have it back then.

Basically though, with just the buff station even a Level 1 should be able to do the ski slopes.

Most hilarious thing to do is to RUN the ski slopes/ski chute with a Kheldian in Dwarf form.  Dwarf form never got a skiing animation ported over to it, so the Dwarf just LUMBERS downhill in a TROMPTROMPTROMP run animation at the same movement speed as if it were skiing.  The sound of it while you're doing it is just too funny.

• Like 4

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

13 minutes ago, Redlynne said:

Most hilarious thing to do is to RUN the ski slopes/ski chute with a Kheldian in Dwarf form.  Dwarf form never got a skiing animation ported over to it, so the Dwarf just LUMBERS downhill in a TROMPTROMPTROMP run animation at the same movement speed as if it were skiing.  The sound of it while you're doing it is just too funny.

I would almost do another build on my PB just to see that.

• Haha 2

@War Mage

Badge Tracking - https://cityofbadgers.com

9 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Hmm interesting idea for a vid for my youtube channel.......

• Like 1

I have been stranded on the Bunny Slope since they added the Ski Chalet, and I was a Ski Instructor at a local Ski Resort when I was in School. Embarrassing.

• Like 1

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

I got the 3 with super speed and combat jumping on the bigger track. On the smaller track I find ninja run to be better. I got gold on my first run with it and had to wait on the others run to get the other badges. 

• Like 1

"All right, they're on our left, they're on our right, they're in front of us, they're behind us...they can't get away this time"- Chesty Puller US Marine Corps

Super Jump, or Long Jump as the actual effect appears to be called, helps with movement, too.

I managed to get gold (and even a top 5 ranking, to my own surprise) last night with nothing but a version of sprint and the Zero-G Pack on, and probably some weaker enhancements. Of course, I certainly could have saved the fuel by getting Ninja Run or Beast Run on that toon.