Worst of the worst

Qoseph

2 hours ago, roleki said:

Not to detract from a perfectly cromulent rant, but in my experience, Controllers generally range from "present during the proceedings" to "potential MVP" depending on whether the team has a competent Brute/Scrapper. 

It really was a good rant!

• Like 3

Who run Bartertown?

On 12/3/2019 at 5:06 PM, Riverdusk said:

That sounds more reasonable and glad you cleared that up.  I was ready to roll my eyes again at another Powerhouse idea.  The previous one being when he said if it was up to him he'd take away the taunt aura from any scrapper armor set that had one.

Except that isnt ALL of what he said.  Note the parts on how procs don't follow AT damage scale. I wouldnt get too used to it, or use it to defend underperforming sets.   

• Like 1

• Developer
On 12/2/2019 at 8:25 PM, Sir Myshkin said:

Powerhouse did not say he was going to blanket nerf procs, but specifically that (many months down the road) [they] plan on looking at how procs interact with Epic/Patron pool powers as procs are inadvertently leveraging the long recharge of those abilities which was intended to limit them, and is instead being used to over-extend their power.

There are also a lot of pseudo pet powers that have ridiculous recharge powers that are designed for the pet to only be able to use once in its life time, inflating their proc chance. Those powers will change to match the recharge or the calling power, or adjusted for AoEs that can trigger multiple of these pseudopets.

Some might also proc twice due to the pseudo pet, another thing that needs fixing.

Edited by Captain Powerhouse

image.thumb.png.07fe64b26308cd3c157b58cc695449de.png

I am all for anything that actively makes Defenders and Controllers less viable once you've invested 40 or so levels into it.  Otherwise, the game might get unbalanced and skew in favor of DPS classes.

• Haha 3

He doesn't HAVE an ass.  That's one of the things we're transplanting!

On 12/5/2019 at 2:29 AM, roleki said:

Not to detract from a perfectly cromulent rant, but in my experience, Controllers generally range from "present during the proceedings" to "potential MVP" depending on whether the team has a competent Brute/Scrapper. 

In my opinion, if there's a red-headed stepchild in this power-crept meta, it's Tanks.  The ability to herd a room into a killzone is diminished in importance somewhat when every AT has access to a nuke, making every area of a map a killzone.  The ability to inherently hold aggro is diminished in importance somewhat by the ability of most teams to melt through mobs in less than the span of an attack chain.  The ability to inherently survive alpha is diminished in importance somewhat when nearly every character can soft-cap defense, resistance (or both) and can slot a Preventive Medicine proc on top of it.   

There was a time when a team wouldn't dream of clicking into a mission without a Tank; now, you see a Tank on a team and you just hope they're not run by one of those people who still think it's 2007 or something.

All rants have to be based on 'average competence', because lets be honest, a team of the most statistically powerful AT primary/secondary combos with the finest I/O slotting available is still going to get utterly monstered if they're a gaggle of n00bish idiots playing like puddings against a bunch of grim, humourless veterans rolling out with gimped builds and basic S/O slotting because they're bored.

Also, every good rant needs to just go into hyperbole overdrive and completely dump all over the Current Designated Target for no good reason. Which is Controllers. And if they don't like it, they can feel free to Immobilize their own tears and Hold my damn tea while I get the work done around here. Which is ironic because I'm a teacher in real life, which would pretty much translate to being a Controller. Possibly there's self loathing involved.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The idiot formerly known as Lord Khorak

On 12/4/2019 at 4:01 PM, Bossk_Hogg said:

Except that isnt ALL of what he said.  Note the parts on how procs don't follow AT damage scale. I wouldnt get too used to it, or use it to defend underperforming sets.   

I should have known better.  Thanks for clarifying.  I was fascinated with the interesting and different proc builds some people were coming up with to make some of the lower damage AT's more fun to play, guess it is only a matter a time before they put a stop to that.