Worst of the worst

Qoseph

Fire Armor/Energy Melee tanker.  Fire armor is an offense oriented defense set.  It relies for its survivability on its click heal, which is reasonably fast recharging; but out of the box and without extensive set bonuses you're going to need it often.  Energy melee is a weak attack set, deliberately worsened by animation lag; some of them take almost five seconds to play.  This was done deliberately back in the old game, not only to handicap the set, but also to make it impossible for players to build around its limits.  During those long animations your self heal is unavailable. 

• Like 2
QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

3 hours ago, MetaVileTerror said:

Petless MERCENARY / Trick Arrow Mastermind.  Get some extra Redraw going on in there.

. . . I also did this on Live before Trick Arrow was added to Corruptors.  The character was /very/ short-lived.

Merc attacks at least do more damage and have secondary effects like -def and KB, ninja attacks are both pure damage, and weakest of the MM attacks. I guess they're supposed to make up for it with faster cast/recharge, but at MM damage scale they don't hit for anything and because of low recharge and pure damage have worst proc rates and proc slotting opportunities.

8 hours ago, Qoseph said:

What is the worst of the worst of the powersets, give me the combo's and the AT's everyone hates for what ever reason. Going to let you guys pick my next character!!!!!

Thank You

Defender with energy blast and storm summoning.

May the knockback be with you. :)

@Pifou

Pulsar-Boy / Idees Noires / IEM / Surtension / SuperMarseillais

3 minutes ago, Pifou said:

May the knockback be with you. 🙂

I got one of those to 50 back on live.  Never again.

I have never been able to really get into FF.  It has a decent 'ohshit' shield but even resting turns that off.  I think its a rough go for leveling.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pifou said:

May the knockback be with you. :)

On SO's yes indeed. I'm seriously tempted to build the 'Mad King' version of this though.

4 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Electric Blast/anything Blaster.  It's a set designed to do no damage on an AT that only does damage.

Elec blast certainly doesn't do 'no damage'. It needs the right secondary to support it but it does absolutely fine. My Elec/Mental/Psi is glorious to play - run in stealthed and let off build up->drain psyche->short circuit->ball lightning->psychic shockwave and that's when the nuke isn't up. Sure, power for power other sets do more damage but it manages fine.

• Like 4

I play Brites although I may be switching to Tanks with the new rules. There are no ‘broken’ Brute combos. Some are suboptimal. Some have weapon disappearing issues. Some armors are squishier.  But if you know what you are getting then it is fine

dont buy a fire armor and expect to tank like an invulnerable. Don’t get an Energy Melee and expect any AoE.  

5 hours ago, parabola said:

Elec blast certainly doesn't do 'no damage'. It needs the right secondary to support it but it does absolutely fine. My Elec/Mental/Psi is glorious to play - run in stealthed and let off build up->drain psyche->short circuit->ball lightning->psychic shockwave and that's when the nuke isn't up. Sure, power for power other sets do more damage but it manages fine.

Replace electric blast with any other set in the above and you’ll see better damage, thus making it the worst. That’s why this thread asked. 

9 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Electric Blast/anything Blaster.  It's a set designed to do no damage on an AT that only does damage.

I have an electric/electric blaster who was in fact my first level 50 blaster.  I play the character as a defender. Her whole shtick is endurance drain and everything is slotted for that. 

QVÆ TAM FERA IMMANISQVE NATVRA

TB ~ Amazon Army: AMAZON-963 | TB ~ Crowned Heads: CH-10012 | EX ~ The Holy Office: HOLY-1610 | EV ~ Firemullet Groupies: FM-5401 | IN ~ Sparta: SPARTA-3759 | RE ~ S.P.Q.R. - SPQR-5010

Spread My Legions - #207 | Lawyers of Ghastly Horror - #581 | Jerk Hackers! - #16299 | Ecloga Prima - #25362 | Deth Kick Champions! - #25818 | Heaven and Hell - #26231 | The Legion of Super Skulls - #27660 | Cathedral of Mild Discomfort - #38872 | The Birch Conspiracy! - #39291

I'm not sure there really is a "worst' combo of powersets, I think to achieve that you really have to purposely gimp a build. Petless MMs, Healbots. etc.

Might be fun to see what kind of trouble a team of gimped builds could get in to, then again... it might not.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

3 hours ago, DarknessEternal said:

Replace electric blast with any other set in the above and you’ll see better damage, thus making it the worst. That’s why this thread asked. 

Which is why I said:

8 hours ago, parabola said:

power for power other sets do more damage

But I would argue that there is more to determining the best and worst sets than raw damage even in the case of blasters. Mitigation has value and end drain can be leveraged with the right secondary.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, DougGraves said:

So assuming you want to solo - Controller, Ice/Force Field

I made, and soon deleted, an Illusion/FF controller, mostly for the concept as part of a themed "super group" comprised of some my own alts. As an almost purely solo player, it didn't take long to realize how useless she was by herself.

9 hours ago, parabola said:

On SO's yes indeed. I'm seriously tempted to build the 'Mad King' version of this though.

Ice Blaster is ‘worse’ but I like it for concept and live it for range. Ghetto Dom/Ghetto Blaster

I would have to put Poison on this list. It's heal can't effectively heal because of the projectile speed, no self heal, it's debuffs have accuracy checks (I think) with a tiny Aoe splash, and it's two best powers are PBAoE without any self buffing to get you in there safely. 

Something like an energy/poison corruptor should be a new level of hell.