More Difficulty Settings

Tubalcain

I've noticed a lot in late game that Incarnate abilities make normal missions trivial. I don't know if I've just been getting super lucky with my teams all the time. But everything gets curb stomped even with minimal team support.

Now, I know expanded options can be a problem for early and mid level teams. Particularly with new players that don't know what they're doing and pusher leaders who crank the diff to max regardless of team make up.

So perhaps lock these options until the leader has their first Incarnate Slot unlocked?

Options like +5 or +6 mobs. More bosses. Some bosses spawning as EB. Give us some crazy options to crank the difficulty to.

Edited by Tubalcain
  • Like 2

Always up for more opshnz. Mah Elities toons would be extreamly, extreamly pleased n.n

To keep this game safe, We have to give it to the world.

Arc ID #13097 - Archvillain Beatdown, try it out!

Arc ID #21066 - Archvillain Beatdown - Past Edition!

Letz now talk about existing Incarnate Lore Pets:

https://forums.homecomingservers.com/topic/50351-incarnate-lore-pets-look-through-fix-and-improve/

The problem with +5 or anything higher is that level 55 and above mobs don't actually exist. They'd need to add some mechanism to grant level shifts to level 54 mobs instead, or actually make level 55+ versions of every enemy group available at max level. Which I assume would be somewhat more complicated than just changing numbers.

Bosses as elite bosses in most cases would also require actually making elite boss versions of most bosses. More bosses in general might be more doable but I'm not sure I even want to think about what could be broken by changing the enemy spawning logic in such a fashion.

As an alternative, I wonder how possible it'd be to add the 'enemies buffed' or 'players debuffed' options from Ouroboros arcs and task forces as regular difficulty options.

• Like 1

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

Just me personally, but I don't feel simply adding +5 and up does anything to help the situation in the long term.  It might work as a sort of band-aid in the interim, however I feel that content (iTrials, story arcs etc.) designed specifically with fully decked out incarnates in mind to challenge them is the better solution. 

• Like 2