Elite TFs & Trials

Lost Ninja

Alternate versions of all the low level TFs/Trials that can be entered at 45+ (but without incarnate powers/levels). The would have a minimum level of 35, end AVs/Bosses are +3 to the highest team member. Capping at 53. Incarnate powers don't work at all and you don't get a level shift.

Adjust mobs/groups so that they are level 45+ variants. Missions/Maps/Story/etc identical to existing low level TFs. (Initially ignore TFs that have groups that are limited to a low level, but clockwork could be moved to Praetorian Clockwork, Lost turned into Rikti... etc).

Add badges for the normal completion of each elite TF, eg Elite Citadel's Assistant (for the Elite version of the Citadel TF).

Add Challenge badges for each TF, including deathless and speed of completion.

Master of Elite TF are award for completing all challenge badges.

Master of Elite TF badges are for the purposes of Accolade earning the equivalent to the normal TFs, but earning all of the normal Badges + All the Mo Elite TFs would in turn award an addition Elite Task Force Commander Badge

Reasons:

1. I dislike exemping down below around 35 to complete low level content, I spend a lot of time and effort building a perfect character I don't want that effort wasted by gimping myself.
  2. Additional high level content, without the need for incarnate powers.
  3. More badges and challenges.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

Master of Elite TF badges are for the purposes of Accolade earning the equivalent to the normal TFs

That still is gonna make some of the TFC ones, especially Syn, totally not worth doing. You could just solo an Elite Synapse at level 50 (53) with no trouble at all. I admit, SYnapse is a total PoS, but removing ANY incentive too run it does not seem good. Unless the Master Elite TFC accolade actually gave more +hp..in which cause, redside would need the same, and would not be tied to TFs.

5 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

I dislike exemping down below around 35 to complete low level content, I spend a lot of time and effort building a perfect character I don't want that effort wasted by gimping myself.

Not to state the obvious..but these TFs are made for people who aren't level 50. No one is forcing you to exemp down in order to do them. Run them as you level up.

That said, I'd like to see more challenges made for normal TFs, similar to incarnate content. Like 'destroy all turrets' in the final mission of the SKyraiders tf, or 'complete synapse without wanting to murder puppies.'

9 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

Reasons:

1. I dislike exemping down below around 35 to complete low level content, I spend a lot of time and effort building a perfect character I don't want that effort wasted by gimping myself.

We're all different. I see where you're coming from, but wouldn't it be easier to just do Posi 1&2 at level 20? Then do Synapse when you're level 22 or so? 

My madness & method for tfs is this: I try to wait until I'm 5 levels over cap for the tfs. That way, I have more slots than I would at the lower level to begin them. When you do Pen Yin, you're capped at level 25. So, if you do it at level 30, you have the few extra slots and powers - you may be exemped, but you lose no powers. The same with the rest of the tfs. No gimping of your character. And no useless busy work for the devs. Win/win! 

Additionally, many people take advantage of having 3 builds. If you PvP, you can have one build for incarnate play, one build for PvP, and one for lower level stuff. 
ALL of the tfc task forces are easily soloable. All of them are. Regardless of your AT. You just need to pack the right inspirations, an envenomed dagger and buffs from your sg base. 

As of now, if you discount bug hunter and the anniversary badges from Luna in Ouroboros in May, there are 1511 badges to be had. That's plenty. I'd be thrilled if no more badges were ever introduced again, so I could keep alting instead of working on them with the same character. (but that's just me, I'm sure)

The game has millions of challenges. If you find one thing too easy, make it harder. If it's still too easy at the hardest difficulty, do it faster. Do it without inspirations. Do it without enhancements. There are tons of ways to make things harder. 

Nothing wrong with a wish list, though. I would just rather they spend time on more content - but revising Synapse wouldn't piss me off at all. 

22 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

Alternate versions of all the low level TFs/Trials that can be entered at 45+ (but without incarnate powers/levels). The would have a minimum level of 35, end AVs/Bosses are +3 to the highest team member. Capping at 53. Incarnate powers don't work at all and you don't get a level shift.

Adjust mobs/groups so that they are level 45+ variants. Missions/Maps/Story/etc identical to existing low level TFs. (Initially ignore TFs that have groups that are limited to a low level, but clockwork could be moved to Praetorian Clockwork, Lost turned into Rikti... etc).

Add badges for the normal completion of each elite TF, eg Elite Citadel's Assistant (for the Elite version of the Citadel TF).

Add Challenge badges for each TF, including deathless and speed of completion.

Master of Elite TF are award for completing all challenge badges.

Master of Elite TF badges are for the purposes of Accolade earning the equivalent to the normal TFs, but earning all of the normal Badges + All the Mo Elite TFs would in turn award an addition Elite Task Force Commander Badge

Reasons:

Love this idea.

On 12/9/2019 at 3:57 AM, krj12 said:

I have no problem with adding challenge settings to existing campaigns, such as these.  However, lets not call anything else in this game "Elite"....  don't want it going down that road.

It's just a name, it could be anything. I think WoW calls a similar method they do with their low level dungeons to make them high level is "Heroic Dungeons". I'm sort of think of it as a similar level of challenge. More difficult than the original but not on the scale of Incarnate Content.

5% HP for a 1 set of Freedom Phalanx TFs

+5% HP for both sets. 

First accolade reward is mix and match you can do low or high level to earn it. To earn both you need to complete all the TFs/Mo Elite/Heroic/etc TFs.

I think its kinda fun and challenging to see how good you can spec a build that exemps down well.

I build first to get the numbers I want, then I go back through to slot and place powers strategically so I will be at max power throughout the leveling tree.  Then lastly I buy attuned, always... No exceptions.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2019 at 1:08 PM, Lost Ninja said:

It's just a name, it could be anything. I think WoW calls a similar method they do with their low level dungeons to make them high level is "Heroic Dungeons". I'm sort of think of it as a similar level of challenge. More difficult than the original but not on the scale of Incarnate Content.

Not quite.  Heroics are scaled up to level cap, then scaled a bit further beyond that under the assumption that anyone trying to run one has already done the level-cap dungeons and geared up from them.  They're more akin to team-sized Incarnate stuff - like the Apex TF that debuffs you if you don't have an alpha power equipped.