Cimerora Transporter

Furry Animal

I got you fam. One already exists.

Open up LFG.

Click "lock the event for your group" on the bottom right (yes, it's just you)

Got to Taskforce>Time's Arrow>click the button.

Then Click Que.  when the prompt appears, que and accept.

Shazam!

You're in Cimmaron

-----------------------

In a forum of Naysayers, those who go silent when someone needs help, but wake up at 5am to disagree with and nitpick everything they didn't type, them what can't wait to contradict, downvote, and belittle the posts of anyone who does not like everything about the game as it, AND admonish anyone who does not have an encyclopedic textbook developer level knowledge of the game regarding every little thing "because they know it", and all things related to the game,

The Captain helps.

Edited by Captain Yesterday
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Captain Yesterday said:

I got you fam. One already exists.

Open up LFG.

Click "lock the event for your group" on the bottom right (yes, it's just you)

Got to Taskforce>Time's Arrow>click the button.

Then Click Que.  when the prompt appears, que and accept.

Shazam!

You're in Cimmaron

-----------------------

In a forum of Naysayers, those who go silent when someone needs help, but wake up at 5am to disagree with and nitpick everything they didn't type, them what can't wait to contradict, downvote, and belittle the posts of anyone who does not like everything about the game as it, AND admonish anyone who does not have an encyclopedic textbook developer level knowledge of the game regarding every little thing "because they know it", and all things related to the game,

The Captain helps.

As a work around when you're on your own it's not bad.

If you're trying to get to the zone to join the rest of your team, especially if the rest of the team aren't actually going to do ITF it doesn't work. I think you can use the Orubous crystals to teleport to contact for one of the other contacts in the zone which would be a better option.

But an actual base teleport beacon would be the best option.

Edited by Lost Ninja
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Lost Ninja said:

If you're trying to get to the zone to join the rest of your team, especially if the rest of the team aren't actually going to do ITF it doesn't work. I think you can use the Orubous crystals to teleport to contact for one of the other contacts in the zone which would be a better option.

If the mission is set, you can use Mission Teleport (available from the P2W vendor).

I usually take the Wentworth's porter (day job power) to Steel and the univ is right there. 

But yeah, a Cim base porter would be great!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Tahliah said:

If the mission is set, you can use Mission Teleport (available from the P2W vendor).

I usually take the Wentworth's porter (day job power) to Steel and the univ is right there. 

I use base portal to Croatoa... it's not the fastest (I think base portal > university is about the same, hero side anyway), but the amount of times I have found Sally when doing this is pretty insane. I actually have the badge on several characters.

• Like 3

On 12/13/2019 at 4:48 PM, Tahliah said:

I mean I guess we could run into for those that care about the lore there is story elements that would preclude everyone having a base teleporter, however maybe make a "midnightclub" teleporter that awards as a power with the badge that opens Cim to a player, or as a beacon you can get in your base that at minimum takes you to the midnight club where you can zone in. That way you don't have to teleport to a university zone, run to the university, zone into the midnighters club and then zone into cim. 

On 12/16/2019 at 3:52 PM, QuiJon said:

I mean I guess we could run into for those that care about the lore there is story elements that would preclude everyone having a base teleporter, however maybe make a "midnightclub" teleporter that awards as a power with the badge that opens Cim to a player, or as a beacon you can get in your base that at minimum takes you to the midnight club where you can zone in. That way you don't have to teleport to a university zone, run to the university, zone into the midnighters club and then zone into cim. 

Ouro seems to be an easy way to work things like this into the lore?  Maybe add a Cim destination there?  Even as a separate Cim porter (like the separate Echo porters)? 

• Like 1

Actually, that would go against the lore, sorta. The Midnighters expressly state that they're working behind Ouroboros's backs and are trying to keep their crystal of Ice and Flame a secret. And while it IS eventually revealed that Silos knows and doesn't give two shits, I don't think he'd then be all "here you go, guys!"

I could be wrong, though.

10 hours ago, EmperorSteele said:

Actually, that would go against the lore, sorta. The Midnighters expressly state that they're working behind Ouroboros's backs and are trying to keep their crystal of Ice and Flame a secret. And while it IS eventually revealed that Silos knows and doesn't give two shits, I don't think he'd then be all "here you go, guys!"

I could be wrong, though.

The only thing I could find referring to the Midnighters through an Ouroboros contact is a message from the letter writer during Mender Ramiel's storyarc.

Character, I do not have much time to write. At this point in time, you are either well aware of myself and working with me, or you still have no idea who I am. The Well, as you see, is gone, and the agents of Ouroboros are aware of the other path into Cimerora. When I gave the crystal to the Midnighter's, I imagined this day would come, though that matter is for another time. You have in your hands now an Incarnate shard. It has no doubt opened your path into the powers of the Incarnate. This is one thing that both myself and the agents of Ouroboros share in common; the desire to see you maintain your freedom and grow in power.

https://paragonwiki.com/wiki/Mender_Ramiel#Finale:_The_Powers_that_Be

Since the Menders are aware of the Midnighter's crystal, it's not inconceivable that they may want to keep tabs on the situation & provide their own path into Cimerora. (i.e. Provide a Cimerora destination point of their own.)

It opens the door for new Cimerora storyarcs; covert missions given out by the Menders.

Edited by Shadowsleuth
  • Like 1

I was referring to Montegue Castanella's line when he first introduces you to Cimeroria:

"To get to Cimerora, we're going to, er, 'bypass' Ouroboros. I'd prefer them not to be involved in this particular mission. I've procured an Aspect of the Pillar myself. This crystal has been attuned to take you to Cimerora and nowhere else. I've kept the crystal hidden within the Midnighter Club."

Makes me think he believes he's pulled a fast one on the Menders.

Look over all game lore I don't find heartbreaking to ignore no matter what. I was just saying some do and for some it would matter. However that being said, I do kind of like having to "know how" to get around. And IMO watching everyone scatter into Oroo portals and Mission teleporters and base teleporters as soon as they come out of mission to hop skip to the next door, honestly kind of makes me sad. It used to be we had to know it was faster to go to brickstown and hop to southern IP through that gate. Or skip through Perez Park to get to another zone faster etc. I know the game purposely made travel easier but I feel maybe it is to easy now also. Not only can we have a travel power at level 2, but with all our portal and teleporter options and stuff, we barely have to use a travel power anymore. 

So I don't mind it being a bit easier really, but I still like the idea of having to actually GO somewhere when that mission hits the nav screen.