So I've been playing a claws/energy aura brute for awhile now and I've come to feel that the set could benefit from a change to one power in particular (not talking about the t9 here as most armor t9's are pretty bad across the board, but if people have ideas to fix that by all means), that power being Energy Cloak.

The reason I suggest looking into it is that the power doesn't really seem to mesh well with the power set overall, and the same can be achieved if someone takes stealth if they choose.

What I would suggest in its place, is a click based PBAoE power that functions similarly to Against All Odds from the Shield Defense set. I imagine the duration and recharge being identical to Energy Drain, but allowing us to sap the incoming damage of our enemies and then redirect it back at them would at least in my opinion fit more thematically as we have powers out there like Kinetic Shield, and an entire Kinetic Melee set to pair it with perfectly.

Any thoughts?

And thanks as usual.

While that sounds like it could be cool, I will point out some things about Energy Cloak that make it useful to the set. For one, it's the only power in the set that adds typed and positional defense (not much with only IOs to build on, but it's something). Also, unlike stealth the defense doesn't suppress during combat, and finally, it's another step toward soft-cap.

If I remember correctly not only does the defense not suppress, the stealth doesn't either. Which is only occasionally useful, but it's still worth mentioning.

Also, energy aura really doesn't need another long animation click power. Using energy drain is already painful enough.

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like "What?"

[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: STOP!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WAIT ONE SECOND!
[Admin] Emperor Marcus Cole: WHAT IS A SEAGULL DOING ON MY THRONE!?!?

I am sadly not at a computer to fire up CoH or Mids Reborn, but I can tell from play experience on my lvl 44 claw/energy aura brute that the stealth does surpress. That said, I haven't IO'd it out yet so I haven't really started observing numbers but I'll check if the defense in energy cloak suppresses or not, and if so how much (I have a bad feeling about this that it's essentially a stealth clone with a different FX). Also later today I'll try to check the defense gained from energy drain as I haven't actually looked into the numbers aside of seeing that the power can hit 10 targets per cast as I see the stacking buff.in the corner.