Easy Improvements Idea Thread

erc1971

So, I had an idea the other day, and I thought I would give it a whirl.

What if we started a thread of suggestions to improve the game that would be easy to program (or at least you *think* they would be easy to implement, not all of us are programmers after all.)

I will start...

1: Let us take the Sibyl Robes (as seen in the ITF) as a costume option.  I have been drooling in anticipation of being able to put these on my characters since they were released!  (While on the subject, many of the unique costume options that are worn by NPC's I would love to have)

2: The necromancy mastermind pets make a horribly loud noise every time you zone.  It is way louder than anything else in the game and blows your eardrums out when you are using headphones.  Swap it out for a lower volume sound.

3: Color customization for Mastermind pets - supposedly already exists on another server group somewhere.

Hopefully people like this idea, and we get more ideas here.

Eric

7 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

In b4 "Standard code rant", but on a more serious note I think that porting over certain costume pieces should be done as well. I know there are concerns about clipping / etc, but honestly it should be the player's discretion with that and the sets they choose.

no, it should be Homecomings discretion on the game they present, this is going to directly affect THEIR reputation when the guaranteed screenies complaining about the clipping come out

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

7 hours ago, Darkneblade said:

Base Saving : Saving base that you created and pasting on different shard with same character if you want to move between shards.

Actually I'd like base saving so I can transfer a base from a SG I want to get rid of (but has my favourite base 😄 )

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Just now, boggo2300 said:

no, it should be Homecomings discretion on the game they present, this is going to directly affect THEIR reputation when the guaranteed screenies complaining about the clipping come out

You can already horribly clip certain costume piece combos + powers, if theres a big red text or something under "clippable pieces" then its up to the player when they decide to use them with certain sets.

Just now, Galaxy Brain said:

You can already horribly clip certain costume piece combos + powers, if theres a big red text or something under "clippable pieces" then its up to the player when they decide to use them with certain sets.

Humanity doesn't work that way, and the clipping costume pieces here now are legacy, removing them would bring in calls for blood

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

Just now, Galaxy Brain said:

...not removing, adding

if they removed the legacy costume combos that clip, there would be calls for blood, which is why those existing broken pieces are still here, I don't believe they will be adding more broken costume pieces, only adding them as and if they are fixed

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

12 minutes ago, boggo2300 said:

if they removed the legacy costume combos that clip, there would be calls for blood, which is why those existing broken pieces are still here, I don't believe they will be adding more broken costume pieces, only adding them as and if they are fixed

Theres tons of stuff, new and old. Look at the cosmic corsair arms when you hold weapons :P

10 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

In b4 "Standard code rant", but on a more serious note I think that porting over certain costume pieces should be done as well. I know there are concerns about clipping / etc, but honestly it should be the player's discretion with that and the sets they choose.

All they have to do is remove the "n" flag on them. They're in the game, work on our models, and have already been unlocked on other servers. You can see them yourself in Icon. I don't understand why they havent unlocked them here. 

Besides, who fucking cares if it clips some so long as the wearer is happy? Its better than the thousandth red/black "xxDethbladexx".

Edited by Bossk_Hogg