Report Zone Geometry Errors Here!

Widower
Message added by Arcanum,

Posts will be hidden after the fix has been patched into a current or upcoming build.

Server: Excelsior

Mission: "Agree to Rescue young Sybils" from Marcus Valerius

Map: Cimeroran Cave Map

If you enter Pools toward the back in large Chamber you go to the bottom instead of floating, even if you leave and re-enter pool. You can then swim under the path from pool to pool, this may be a feature and not a bug, but have never seen this before.

screenshot_231125-05-23-12.thumb.jpg.3647a3cca24a988c69a385c0997fb38d.jpg

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

5 hours ago, Marine X said:

Server: Excelsior

Mission: "Agree to Rescue young Sybils" from Marcus Valerius

Map: Cimeroran Cave Map

If you enter Pools toward the back in large Chamber you go to the bottom instead of floating, even if you leave and re-enter pool. You can then swim under the path from pool to pool, this may be a feature and not a bug, but have never seen this before.

screenshot_231125-05-23-12.thumb.jpg.3647a3cca24a988c69a385c0997fb38d.jpg

At one point the Devs on live toyed with water you could swim in. This is one of artifacts left over from that time. 

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

54 minutes ago, Arc-Mage said:

At one point the Devs on live toyed with water you could swim in. This is one of artifacts left over from that time. 

If I'm remembering the specifics correctly, the wide grey caves end chamber with the crossed 'bridges', and one pool on the beach on the west side of Grandville are the two places in the game where you can get underwater.

[-315.4 0.0 -432.2] east of atlas statue, excelsior

i was running around excel atlas park on yet another new alt and i ran into an invisible obstacle. it's sort of hard to see, but i think it is for the fall texture geometry. it is a dead leaves, semi-transparent geometry plane. it does not contour to the sloping ground. i did not check for others, i did not even think of it until i started writing this, i 'll check later and update. 🙂

image.thumb.png.5df9b8d9dcf660aa59eff3416fdab88c.png

found another nearby at [-326.7 -3.5 -339.2]

image.png.55c5704db046021958e67e2a8133e70e.png

Edited by Ridiculous Girl
added another nearby location found
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

"I'm not crazy, my reality is just different than yours" the Cheshire Cat

"Ce n'est rien de mourir; c'est affreux de ne pas vivre"

(It's nothing to die, it's terrible not to live) Jean Valjean

"وطن المرء ليس مكان ولادته و لكنه المكان الذي تنتهي فيه كل محاولاته للهروب”

(Home is not where you were born, home is where all your attempts to escape cease.) Naguib Mahfouz

• 4 weeks later

The ground tiles are misaligned in Eden at [-790.8 -9.6 4085.5], so there is a gaping hole and you can fly under the map.

Notice in this first image, you can see where two tiles meet and form a 90-degree angle. That's where the hole is.

image.thumb.png.6e14b62c41528748def108f19cd9ad5a.png

This is that same location, but looking at it from the other direction so you can see the hole.

image.thumb.png.275fe44036bb90bbe0a482892f66c38a.png

You can fly right through that hole and under the whole map. 

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Coloden.png

• 2 weeks later

Server: Everlasting

Zone/Mission: CoT_45_Layout_02_03

Position: [530.9 -78.0 891.3]

The CoT bridge is not connected. The nearby bridge connects at a lower point in the wall, but this one doesn't connect at all. (Edit: Found the problem. The bridge shifted. It is embedded halfway into the walkway at the other end. So the bridge just needs its position shifted back to where it is supposed to be.)

Not Connected.JPG

Edited by Rudra
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

• 2 weeks later

Double feature this time.

Server: Everlasting

Zone/Mission: Faultline

Position: [890.5 138.0 2301.8]

A piece of the southern war wall just a little west of the dam is misaligned, showing the area behind it.image-3.thumb.png.b92f537a8cabb180519abdaf5c522fcf.png

ServerEverlasting

Zone/Mission: "Stop Arbiter Sands and get the PCM" from Agent G

Position: Boss chamber

All three of the docked submarines are clipping into the dock floor, which I doubt is supposed to be the case.image-4.thumb.png.cce15643ed1980a07d543b902a159680.png

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Not sure if this is a zone geometry error or a bug, though I'm inclined to think it is a map geometry error. I was just shot through 2 walls by a Crey lieutenant on the following map at the following location:

Zone/Mission: Abandoned_Office_30_Layout_04

Position: [1624.4 0.0 221.5]

The lieutenant, Agent Tyler, was in the room at the end of the circling stairs and I had just reached the top of the first set of stairs where I was fighting two Crey mobs. The lieutenant shot me from the last room, then he and his minion support ran around the map to reach me.

Zone; Striga Isle

/loc: [-3701.9 -1.1 2030.1]

Floating Tree

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Zone: Croatoa

/loc: [-1343.7 -32.0 1262.7]

Floating Tombstone

• Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Problem: 

In the mission "Stop Scientist Rescue" from Ghost Widow, an enemy NPC will often spawn in an area outside the walls that is impossible for the player to reach, making the mission impossible to complete. I've reloaded the mission twice and there was a mob in this exact same corner every time (Northeast corner of the prison cell room, bottom floor). 

Map: 

Server: Excelsior Zone/Mission: V_Arachnos_45_Layout_02_02p Position: [-552.5 0.3 -757.6]

Screenshot: 

image.thumb.png.ea5f94f951dfb461fa3b7a20eb0b38e5.png

EDIT: It just happened a third time! This time it looks like what happens is that after killing one of the enemies, a copy of him spawned inside the cage area pictured to my left. He then tried to run into the corner where you see the Nullifier pictured above. I was able to hit him in a small area by walking back to trick him into coming forward a bit. However, eventually he ended up running entirely out of bounds into the void.

I can't do another auto-complete for 3 more days. 😡

Here is a screenshot of an enemy spawning into the area. I actually managed to kill her before she ran off this time: 

image.thumb.png.e0d9757dba7847ffab8b426f48d95b3a.png

Server: Excelsior Zone/Mission: V_Arachnos_45_Layout_02_02p Position: [-550.7 0.3 -762.0]

Edited by FupDup
  • Pizza (Pepperoni) 1
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Closed Beta Discord Invite: https://discord.gg/DptUBzh

In Boomtown, there's a section of a wall that isn't sealed to the ground, so there's a gap where you can see through the map, /loc -3891.4 26.0 841.2

wall.thumb.PNG.d328ead10abe90e6cf83ef722d2b9eff.PNG

Edit: I looked around me a little more and it happens to be the ENTIRE set of walls in the area of this location, not just this one part of the wall.

Edited by Mallador
  • Pizza (Pineapple) 1

Zone: Faultline

Room: with Egg Hunter Badge

/loc: [-902.0 -182.7 124.5]

The floor plank in the entrance is raised above the floor level

• Pizza (Pepperoni) 1

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

On 1/31/2024 at 3:07 AM, Mallador said:

In Croatoa, the little river and lake on the right side of the map are lifted up on the edges, which can be seen with that weird gray outline on the edges, /loc -2187.4 -31.7 1059.6

croatoa_lake.thumb.PNG.4718ef52f4ac9c3326ab163670088d2a.PNG

That's been like that since live. It's been bugged a few times since CoH came back but nothing has ever been done. 

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

I don't remember it being like that when I first originally went there (Croatoa) on Homecoming (2022 or something when I first joined), since I like to get all the badges there.  Unless I was just completely oblivious to it on my first few characters when I was getting badges.

We'll see what happens to it :V

Edited by Mallador

On 2/1/2024 at 3:39 PM, Mallador said:

I don't remember it being like that when I first originally went there (Croatoa) on Homecoming (2022 or something when I first joined), since I like to get all the badges there.  Unless I was just completely oblivious to it on my first few characters when I was getting badges.

We'll see what happens to it :V

Nope. Was like that on live. Was like that on the Secret Server. It's like that on Homecoming. It wasn't originally like that. It happened after a update back on live and was low priority to fix. Prolly still is. 

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

There have been a couple fixes posted on the Beta.   Might be worth checking there to see if the ones you're looking at have been sealed.

I know they haven't done anything with the Pocket D ones since it's harmless and people like to visit Manny.

• Like 1

the only spot i have found to get under RV is in the hero base, and it's completely separate from the zone itself, there's no enemies you can attack. the ap glitch if you're talking about going into the vanguard building well that's a very long documented bug that goes way back.