Report Zone Geometry Errors Here!

Widower
Message added by Arcanum,

Posts will be hidden after the fix has been patched into a current or upcoming build.

• City Council

Feel free to report any zone geometry errors you find here. Please try to avoid duplicate reports. Including Map ID and coordinates (use /whereami and /loc) is required; screenshots are strongly advised. No, this isn't serious enough to get you Bug Hunter. Yes, we know about Kallisti.

• Like 1
"We need Widower. He's a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos - very important." - Cipher

Are you also a drop of sanity in a bowl of chaos? Consider applying to be a Game Master!

5 hours ago, GM Arcanum said:

Yes, please. @Oubliette_Red

Will do. I've not noticed any recently, used to bug instances where I found it back in Legacy.

For those unaware of what z-fighting (also called stitching) is:

I ran across it more on indoor maps than outside.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

• 2 weeks later
On ‎1‎/‎4‎/‎2020 at 9:03 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

Will do. I've not noticed any recently, used to bug instances where I found it back in Legacy.

For those unaware of what z-fighting (also called stitching) is:

I ran across it more on indoor maps than outside.

So THAT's what that's called...

• Haha 1

OG Server: Pinnacle  <||>  Current Primary Server: Torchbearer  ||  Also found on the others if desired

Installing CoX:  Windows  ||  MacOS  ||  MacOS for M1  <||>  Migrating Data from an Older Installation

Clubs: Mid's Hero Designer  ||  PC Builders  ||  HC Wiki  ||  Jerk Hackers

Old Forums  <||>  Titan Network  <||>  Heroica! (by @Shenanigunner)

• 3 weeks later
On 1/4/2020 at 6:03 PM, Oubliette_Red said:

I haven't checked the other Uni's, but the lower floor of the Midnighter Club in Steel has z-fighting, windows trying to appear through the wall.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Is it a geometry error if something lost it's color? I thought these we red, blue and green.. the ground show the color as does the damage taken.

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

On 2/2/2020 at 1:50 PM, Troo said:

Is it a geometry error if something lost it's color? I thought these we red, blue and green.. the ground show the color as does the damage taken.

image.thumb.png.7b05904bb3a71bef8564a3191a4c09bb.png

Do you remember what mish that was in?

Being constantly offended doesn't mean you're right, it just means you're too narcissistic to tolerate opinions different than your own.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility.

Let's Go Crack a Planet.

Here's one in Tech_45_Layout_04_03- One-sided visibility on a wall (Blocks passage from both sides)

Location: -52.3, 37.9, 353.0 / -53.0, 41.7, 355.0 (For both sides)
Not sure if this affects other maps with the same tile yet.

screenshot_200205-14-55-49.jpg

screenshot_200205-14-55-35.jpg

UpdateYes, it does apply on other maps with the same tile - I've found it again in CREY_HERO_LAB.screenshot_200229-18-20-16.thumb.jpg.aea765c0c7c0398a3eb00900bcac00b8.jpg

Edited by Molubdos
Found another map with the same tile that has the issue.

I was in Pocket D a couple days ago and the two ramps that lead up to portal-corp like portals have an error. Some of their internal structure have jumped forward and are sticking out of the window into the shadow shard. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!

• 3 weeks later

minor and maybe not considered a glitch

Rikti subject on exam table in RWZ bases.

[image removed]

Edited by Troo

"Homecoming is not perfect but it is still better than the alternative.. at least so far" - Unknown  (Wise words Unknown!)

Si vis pacem, para bellum

• 2 weeks later
On 3/16/2020 at 9:56 PM, ZorkNemesis said:

I failed to take proper screenshots (prntscrn disables the UI)

For future reference, "/screenshotui 1" enables capturing the UI in a screenshot, and "/screenshotui 0" turns it back off.

• Like 1

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

• 2 weeks later

Found some weird glitches. These are the CoT healing and hurting crystals they have strewn about the level. Looks like they went for a more monochrome color palate last night. I figure either way it is clear which is which, given the aura, but the color sure was... interesting. This was during posi 1 tf

Glitch1.PNG

Glitch2.PNG

• 2 weeks later
  • 2 weeks later

In the mission 'Defeat Freak leader, his crew' that awards the Pwnz badge (map FREAKSHOW_ABANDONED_OFFICE), in the last room, there is a small meeting room on the lower level of the room (loc 1602.4 0.0 427.3). If you move into the SW corner of the office, and look back to the center of the office, there is a phantom pillar:

Geometry2.thumb.png.ab685d784ff6824656b9db1b4d1b7718.png

It's also possible to get odd visual cutouts appearing on your character:

Geometry1.thumb.png.5a326d2c7fdf980dfd02eab91de5dd0c.png

The pillar does not obstruct movement, but despite not being solid to view, it blocks visibility of characters as if it were solid.

Edited by srmalloy

• 2 weeks later
  • 3 weeks later

Floating bones in Peregrine Island, Tempest Quay neighborhood coordinates (2588.7, 0.0, -6456.4)

193422081_FloatingBones.png.fec8f25e8e80ac40a554be05435eda49.png

Minor issue, purely visual. A corner piece of road in Kings Row on the border of the Kings Garment Works neighborhood has incorrect render distance and allows you to see through the world from approx 320yds away. Coordinates (897.5, -0.5, 2429.6). The sidewalk of the T junction it's connected to appears to have a similar issue but does not become fully transparent.

1348933378_KingsRowhole.thumb.png.0c7ddbd1b670472fd3112693ab6a47c2.png

Edited by Aberrant

Check out the Unofficial Homecoming Wiki! Contributions welcome!

Several trees on the small island in the south-east of the Cutlass Isles neighbourhood of Peregrine are hovering above the ground. I'm at /loc -2949.9 0 -5519.6, and the dirt around a tree is up to my waist (and I can see under it if I back up a bit).

Homecoming Wiki  - please use it (because it reflects the game in 2020 not 2012) and edit it (because there is lots to do)

Things to do in City of Heroes, sorted by level.   Things to do in City of Villains, sorted by level.   Things only Incarnates can do in City of X.

Why were you kicked from your cross-alignment team? A guide.   A starting alignment flowchart  Travel power opinions

Get rid of the sidekick level malus and the 5-level exemplar power grace.

• 3 weeks later

This is perhaps the most salient example so far posted here... The "FLOATING MOUNTAINS" of Cimerora... I really think this should be fixed...

image.png.0b533e6b5ad1f6ff31dba85facb15dd2.png

Located right beyond the mission entrance of the last mission of ITF. Romulus' Fortress.