Fade and Farsight Should Not Benefit from External Buffs

4 minutes ago, Frosticus said:

dunno, I'm sure you could turn it into a bunch of pseudo pets that stick to your allies or something. There are definitely powers that last awhile that only receive +special for the duration of PB.

That sounds silly, but there isn't a lot of indication that something like Lightning storm will behave different than farsight.

I am pretty sure HC hates using pseudopets as ways to hack things. For example, most chain powers to date use pseudopets because that's how they had to do it on live. But now, they can do it right, which gives us sets like Electric Affinity. I don't think they ever want to incorporate pseudopet workarounds if they don't have to.

When I first played around with PB, I tried casting  my pet Widow right after, thinking I could enhance its mezzes for the duration of them being out. It didnt work. So I'm not surprised pseudopets aren't getting buffed as well. I never looked further into it, so I'm not sure why it doesnt work that way, but I'm certain it is working as intended.

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

10 minutes ago, Bopper said:

I am pretty sure HC hates using pseudopets as ways to hack things. For example, most chain powers to date use pseudopets because that's how they had to do it on live. But now, they can do it right, which gives us sets like Electric Affinity. I don't think they ever want to incorporate pseudopet workarounds if they don't have to.

When I first played around with PB, I tried casting  my pet Widow right after, thinking I could enhance its mezzes for the duration of them being out. It didnt work. So I'm not surprised pseudopets aren't getting buffed as well. I never looked further into it, so I'm not sure why it doesnt work that way, but I'm certain it is working as intended.

No, like I said it was a silly idea, but it was in response you you saying there is no way for them to make Farsight a click that only gets buffed by powerboost for 15 seconds. I don't think psuedo pets is a real solution, just that it would solve that particular "problem" as something like lightning storm is buffed by PB for 15 sec and then goes back to normal.

I think we have all taken powers and tried them in the hopes that PB might affect them. Let me tell you the dissapointment my trapper felt...yay webnade is affected 😛

I don't think trial and error is the best way to figure things out in a game with such a cumbersome respec process. I wish the original devs had spent more time creating a system that works the way one would expect with things like +special, but here we are with some powers benefiting (17 pages of) arguably too much, and some powers not working at all that probably should. It's probably too time consuming to rectify everything now.

1 minute ago, Frosticus said:

It's probably too time consuming to rectify everything now.

The way I see it. I'm fine with bug fixes that result in nerfs. I loved everything about Darkess Affinity, but couldnt bring myself to play it because I knew Fade was bugged. So seeing the fix come in, it's expected. I'm also fine with correcting things that are not working as intended (again, bugged), like powers that are using the wrong AT modifiers. We know that's broke, so I'm fine with fixing it. I'm also fine with correcting things that were never properly vetted, like how the current PPM system is based on changes that were only tested on Beta and never went through the rigor of proper tweaks and refinement. So when the devs eventually tweak that, I'll begrudgingly be fine with that.

However, I dont like the process of nerfing sets because they are overturned. Time Manipulation went through Beta. It lived on live for numerous issues. Sure, perhaps it was overpowered, but it was P2W and people spent real money to have the luxury of the set. But just because it was P2W didnt make it Pay to Break the Game. It is powerful while providing buffs that are in line with powers from other sets. Anyways, that's my time on the soap box. But I'll continue to argue against nerfs if they are not due to bugs/not WAI/or still in Beta.

• Like 2

PPM Information Guide               Survivability Tool                  Interface DoT Procs Guide

Time Manipulation Guide             Bopper Builds                      +HP/+Regen Proc Cheat Sheet

Super Pack Drop Percentages       Recharge Guide                   Base Empowerment: Temp Powers

Bopper's Tools & Formulas                         Mids' Reborn                       

Duration on live,  WAI and passed through beta tests aren't flags I'd plant personally. I think I may have even shed a tear or two over the pvp changes of i14 screaming those same sentiments.

They dont really mean anything. All that matters is how the power(s) are in the current game environment. And that doesnt mean incarnate trials, or dfb's, but everything.

Edited by Frosticus