Slotting questions

Display Name

1) I can put the Reactive Defenses set in Hover.  What if I put the Scaling Resist Damage enh in Hover?  Does that work globally or only when the power is active?  I've heard that some individual enhs have global effects and was wondering how to tell when this occurs?

2) How should I slot Rise of the Phoenix?  I can add ANOTHER Performance Shifter Chance for +End to it!?  Would that do any good?  I just want it to bring me up to FULL POWER, or as close as I can get to it.

@Super Whatsit

Superbase passcode (Excelsior) is "passcode-6475"

It's all a Nemesis plot.  But not everything is a Nemesis plot!

Hover takes Defense sets so it's good for any of the Defense set special IO's. If they're Unique or Globals then most of them work just being slotted.

• Like 1

Torchbearer

Discount Heroes SG:

Frostbiter - Ice/Ice Blaster

Throneblade - Broadsword/Dark Armor Brute

Silver Mantra - Martial Arts/Electric Armor Scrapper

1.  RD scaling resist is global.  That will work even if hover isn't on, so long as you are not more than 3 levels below the level of the RD IO.  Get the RD scaling resist as either minimum level (20) or as Attuned to maximize the level it works at.

2.  PS in that would only have a chance to proc when you click it.  Not recommended.  Recharge, Damage, Stun are likely best bets.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Caulderone said:

2.  PS in that would only have a chance to proc when you click it.  Not recommended.  Recharge, Damage, Stun are likely best bets.

Just to clarify: are you saying that the PS enh would be better placed elsewhere to maximize the benefit from it?  That's fine but I was talking about placing it elsewhere AND here!  I'm not worried about the cost.  I just want to be as bright-eyed-and-bushy-tailed as possible after using this power so I don't faceplant immediately afterwards.  I'm a risk-taker and I usually rez surrounded by enemies if they're occupied or I think I can survive long enough to get away.

Stun sounds like a good one to add, too.

• Like 1

@Super Whatsit

27 minutes ago, Display Name said:

2) How should I slot Rise of the Phoenix?  I can add ANOTHER Performance Shifter Chance for +End to it!?  Would that do any good?  I just want it to bring me up to FULL POWER, or as close as I can get to it.

Chance for +end gives you 10% of your endurance when it procs. RotP gives you 50% of your endurance out of the box, with each lvl 50 endmod IO providing an additional 21.2% endurance. If you had 3 slots to spare, 2 endmod IOs and 2 healing IOs in RotP would rez you to 92%. 

• Like 1

Uunderdog - Rad/Rad Scrapper | Uundertaker - Rad/Dark Corruptor | Uun - MA/Inv Scrapper | Uunison - Grav/Storm Controller | Uuncola - Ice/Temp Blaster | Uundergrowth - Plant/Martial Dominator | Uunstable - SR/Staff Tank

Uunreal - Fire/Time Corruptor | Uunrest - Dark/TA Blaster | Uunseen - Ill/Poison Controller | Uuncool - Cold/Beam Defender | Uunderground - Earth/Earth Dominator | Uunknown - Mind/Psi Dominator | Uunplugged - Stone/Elec Brute

Uunfair - Archery/TA Corruptor | Uunsung - DP/Ninja Blaster | Uunflammable - Fire/Nature Controller | Uunflappable - WM/WP Brute | Uundead - Dark/Dark Tank | Uunfit - Water/Martial Blaster  | Uunwrapped - Dark/Dark Dominator

Uunchill - Ice/Kinetics Corruptor | Uunpleasant - En/En Stalker | Uunbrella - Rad/Rad Sentinel | Uunsafari - Beasts/Traps MM | Uungnome - Nature/Seismic Defender | Uunsavory - Poson/Sonic Defender | Uunicycle - BS/Shield Scrapper

Uuntouchable - Ill/Time Controller | Uunferno - Fire/Fire Tank | Uunthinkable - Psi/SR Scrapper | Uuncivil - Thugs/Elec MM | Uunnatural - Ice/Savage Dominator | Uunshockable - Elec/Bio Sentinel | Uunfathomable - Elec/Dark Controller

RotP also gives you 10 seconds of damage immunity, giving you plenty of time to recover.

The best slotting to me is a single Peroxisome Hami-O for Damage and Mez.  RotP does a lot of damage and a Mag 10 stun for 14.9 seconds.  That Peroxisome makes RotP a great 1-slot wonder.  Given the slot starvation in most builds, that is handy.

• Like 2

Yay!  Two options!

1) The 2 End Mod and 2 Heal in RotP puts End, Heal and Absorb right at the Enh Diversification limit!  Wow!  Surgical!

2) The Peroxisome Hami-O saves slots!

Too bad I can't put 5 slots in it!  Lol!  Why is the last epic power always limited to 4 slots?

@Super Whatsit

9 minutes ago, Display Name said:

Yay!  Two options!

1) The 2 End Mod and 2 Heal in RotP puts End, Heal and Absorb right at the Enh Diversification limit!  Wow!  Surgical!

Too bad I can't put 5 slots in it!  Lol!  Why is the last epic power always limited to 4 slots?

It is not limited to 4 slots.  Whatever power you take at level 49 is limited to 4 only because there are only 3 slots given at level 50.  You can get around this by doing a respec.  When you do a respec, you pick the order of your powers and then slot freely and can 6 slot your level 49 power if you wish.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Display Name said:

Yay!  Two options!

I highly recommend using only the single slot in it - your slots will be put to better use in powers that help keep you from dying in the first place 🙂

14 minutes ago, Machariel said:

I highly recommend using only the single slot in it - your slots will be put to better use in powers that help keep you from dying in the first place 🙂

While I agree about the slot usage, I used to joke that my AoE attack chain on my first Fire/Fire Blaster was BU+Fireball+Inferno+Rise of the Phoenix.

Of course, at the time Inferno crashed your endurance...

• Haha 5

On 1/4/2020 at 12:56 PM, HelenCarnate said:

It is not limited to 4 slots.  Whatever power you take at level 49 is limited to 4 only because there are only 3 slots given at level 50.  You can get around this by doing a respec.  When you do a respec, you pick the order of your powers and then slot freely and can 6 slot your level 49 power if you wish.

Thanks for sharing this.  Didn't realize you could 6 slot a lvl 49 power.  Excellent share!  +1 for you!

Just now, tafilr said:

Thanks for sharing this.  Didn't realize you could 6 slot a lvl 49 power.  Excellent share!  +1 for you!

It doesn't come up much because usually if you want to invest that heavily into a power, you take it before level 49. You notice it more with respecs at lower levels - like having Mind Link 4-slotted at the forced level 24 Widow respec.

• Thanks 1