End of Mission Stats

15 minutes ago, Lines said:

I think Sailboat is making an absolutely fair point and significant contribution to the idea.

This thing does have the potential to shape the game culture, possibly in negative ways. So it's valuable to discuss those circumstances and how this idea could mesh as well as possible with the current culture of game.

So similar to how MIDS and Combat Attributes were a negative addition to the game? They weren't. There are people who don't take key powers in their builds (Fortitude, Adrenaline Boost, etc. as key points) and we can check that in game, but how often do you see people gate each other because of the ability to see the powers tab? You don't. Half the reason for that is because of how simple the game is to play, and the lack of challenge in the regular game unless you go out of your way for it. If Little Timmy wants to join my challenge run of the ITF and he's using Leadership instead of his armor set, I don't need a stat window only he can see and monitor to tell me that maybe Little Timmy shouldn't join my content. 

If Little Timmy wants to track his knockback and pin the highest distance as his record and then try and beat it, he can do that with the confidence that only he can see that information. If someone wants to go and demand to see his stat sheet, that person is already not a healthy part of the game, and said person will promptly be ignored. An outlier situation for a more secretive system than the Powers Tab in info or your MIDS build is mind-boggling as a potential culture shift for the game. 

Edited by Chronicler J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chronicler J said:

So similar to how MIDS and Combat Attributes were a negative addition to the game?

Exactly this. The more information players have the better. Combat Attributes helped to shape player's understanding, and having end of mission stats would help the same way.

• Like 1

You know, it's not toxic behavior to not be in favor of a change.  It IS toxic behavior to label disagreement "aggression" and put someone on ignore, and it's frankly childish behavior to insist that everyone approve your suggestion or not post at all.  It's incomprehensible to treat another poster that way while proclaiming that the community could not become toxic -- a taste of it has happened right in this thread.

MIDS and Combat attributes, as you well know, are entirely different in nature -- they do not track what a player has actually been doing during a mission.  The behavior I am concerned about could be described as "looking for slackers."  Checking the log to see who was contributing how much healing or damage.  You assert that won't happen...but...I have been on many missions, even since Homecoming came back, where a player on a mission remained motionless and did not respond to tells, and players  -- not me, other players -- suggested kicking them from the team for not participating.

Now I am NOT defending door-sitting, merely pointing out that there's not a qualitative difference between kicking a door-sitter and going through a log deciding to one-star a player who didn't contribute the expected amount of numbers you are used to.  Which I would find sad.  And not unlike demanding someone not participate in a thread because you decide they're not contributing the comments you want.

On 1/12/2020 at 12:40 AM, Outrider_01 said:

Game existed before it became a fad to ego stroke yourself and doesn't really work when you get incarnate, they just stomp anything except for a few trials.  Doesn't even matter much since it is a team effort that finishes so tracking your own is kinda pointless, everyone contributes either as the tank/support/control/damage together without glorifying your self.  Maybe when running scanner or paper missions since  if you are the lowbie you can track how much you whiff and get a minor damage hit.

Gonna get people debating against me, but consider the fact: your max level and fully kitted out then go to Atlas to railroad hellions or skulls into the ground....game is so easy now compared to the challenge when it came out so long ago.

agreed, dont want this to turn into city of leaderboard chasers

• Like 1

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

Only if it is at a personal level and not team or public information source.

My potential objection is that there are the min/maxers and soon will start noting that some classes or players do better than others and the game experience becomes a cruel judgment day process.

The benefit is of course it would high light leechers, but in general they are easy to spot during game.

V/T

• Like 1

Back in the thread, but gonna jump out after this.

22 hours ago, Sailboat said:

I have been on many missions, even since Homecoming came back, where a player on a mission remained motionless and did not respond to tells

You said it yourself so should release it, tracking would be useless for this behavior.  Boot them, they are not doing a damn thing; tell them they got 60 seconds to shape up and start doing something or ship them out.  It is highly noticeable if they are standing around doing nothing, except maybe putting a starting attack power on auto repeat / following someone / targeting through tank....could be a cat for all we know, which is something / someone be at the keyboard 😁

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I'll raise up the problem CO had with their high scores:  How do you measure aggro?  Control? Buffs and debuffs?  How do you keep the scoreboard from becoming DPS focused?

Everlasting's Actionette 

Also Wolfhound, Starwave, Blue Gale, Relativity Rabbit, and many more!