End of Mission Stats

Would love to see an option to turn on end of mission statistics that tracks damage dealt, damage received, healing, threat maintained, damage mitigated, etc. etc.

Other games have this and it's quaint to be able to see your mission-by-mission performance. It doesn't need to be the entire team, just the individual player (because I know some people will whine about having their stats shown.)

EDIT: As for the stat tracker terminal, it's antiquated to the point that it's barely showing anything. You currently do not gain progress on the tracker toward your Healing/Damage in AE content. 

Edited by Chronicler J
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 2

It would be really nice to see how you did. the only thing we have is total damage delt over the lifetime of your character but there is so many other important stats besides damage (dmg absorbed/damage taken/deaths/healing/deaths etc.)

• Thanks 2

I like to fight.

The combat log tracks damage dealt from enemies and from players, as well as healing. You could make a piece of code to total up the damage and healing values from the log as soon as it started from entering the mission to when the "Mission Complete" text shows up.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Haijinx said:

Is this stuff tracked?

If its not, this may be a big ask.

Personally I don't care about any of that stuff, but if people want it, that's cool.

A third party plugin could probably dig it out of the combat logs rather than putting it in the actual game?

Mayhem

It's my Oeuvre baby!

3 hours ago, Wolvel said:

It would be really nice to see how you did. the only thing we have is total damage delt over the lifetime of your character but there is so many other important stats besides damage (dmg absorbed/damage taken/deaths/healing/deaths etc.)

There are achievement badges that keep track of some of these, at least until you cap them out.

Reunion player, ex-Defiant.

AE SFMA: Zombie Ninja Pirates! (#18051)

Regeneratio delenda est!

Game existed before it became a fad to ego stroke yourself and doesn't really work when you get incarnate, they just stomp anything except for a few trials.  Doesn't even matter much since it is a team effort that finishes so tracking your own is kinda pointless, everyone contributes either as the tank/support/control/damage together without glorifying your self.  Maybe when running scanner or paper missions since  if you are the lowbie you can track how much you whiff and get a minor damage hit.

Gonna get people debating against me, but consider the fact: your max level and fully kitted out then go to Atlas to railroad hellions or skulls into the ground....game is so easy now compared to the challenge when it came out so long ago.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

13 hours ago, Outrider_01 said:

Game existed before it became a fad to ego stroke yourself and doesn't really work when you get incarnate, they just stomp anything except for a few trials.  Doesn't even matter much since it is a team effort that finishes so tracking your own is kinda pointless, everyone contributes either as the tank/support/control/damage together without glorifying your self.  Maybe when running scanner or paper missions since  if you are the lowbie you can track how much you whiff and get a minor damage hit.

Gonna get people debating against me, but consider the fact: your max level and fully kitted out then go to Atlas to railroad hellions or skulls into the ground....game is so easy now compared to the challenge when it came out so long ago.

No debate. Tracking my performance has nothing to do with stroking me e-peen (people already do that and they did that before Incarnates if you remember) and everything to do with just seeing the raw numbers. It's for fun. Which is why I said in my OP that it doesn't need to be a team-wide thing where I can see how bad or how great your numbers are. I knew people would respond this way, which is why I mentioned that. 

As for the game getting easier: it was always easy. Your average randy team may have had it hard back in the day, but with the way support/debuff sets worked way back when, mobs were no contest. And, if you'll remember, that was in the days before we could go to +4 or do x8 solo content. If you're gonna complain about things being easier, go to the AE and make them hard. That kind of discussion has nothing to do with my OP, so I won't derail this any further. 

EDIT: And as for that 'ego fad' you're talking about, K/D leaderboards existed in FPS/Arena Shooters before City of Heroes was even a thought on the back of a napkin.

Edited by Chronicler J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Lines said:

I'd be down for this, for the sheer numberphilia.

Same here. I love numbers! I'd especially like to see it track actual mitigation to help represent how well armor sets and support sets contribute.

Edited by Chronicler J
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, Chronicler J said:

To debate. Tracking my performance

You make no mention of solo or group.  Solo, sure.  In a group, I just can't see how self performance is an issue.  I only sound negative because I have met so many assholes who hold those pixel numbers like it means something and talk down on people, I don't give a shit to hear self glorifying while they are sitting at the keyboard.

Back in the day, it was a challenge in a group but I don't mean it was stupid hard or stupid easy...TO/DO/SO, the fact they wore out, stuff  harder to deal with, and sometimes you were getting rocked hard when your group couldn't click at first, you actually had to learn.  It was fun.

Now, if it is "PI mission +4/8" and I feel a bit useless, whiffing and low damage don't do much when "ION JUDGEMENT" pops up so constanly.  Incarnates just rock the missions solo while at least 6-7 are anchors in my opinion.  Its just not a bad feeling, just want to feel more useful.  But that is my opinion, in a group setting where everyone is just about equal in performance....blasters mostly gonna outdamage the melees with AoE, how do you score taunt, damage taken when things are held, would it even matter to track healing when almost everybody is running 45% positional defense?  You get what I mean, to much to even bother tracking to get a viable score against them.

Also for tracking stacks, its mostly damage taken / given / baddies killed...solo its just gonna be X / Y / X in "A Time Frame" which is gonna happen anyway and in a group as I said, why track everyone cause again CoH isn't challenging as you said since most missions are basically kill all; whats the point?  Sounds boring, tracking PVP I can see that but not PVE unless you want to run the same content over and over to get a better time.

Let me ask you, what would you be tracking anyway?  Damage is mostly static, positional defense builds (unless running old school) kills damage taken, and healing...well either you are really good with resists and managing aggro or you healer types suck/very good themselves.  I just can't see anything of value to track in CoH beyond PVP.

Ah, someone mentions above me for different builds.  I can understand that, but long time for no real reason, that seems a waste of effort.

Edited by Outrider_01

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

7 minutes ago, Outrider_01 said:

You make no mention of solo or group.  Solo, sure.  In a group, I just can't see how self performance is an issue.  I only sound negative because I have met so many assholes who hold those pixel numbers like it means something and talk down on people, I don't give a shit to hear self glorifying while they are sitting at the keyboard.

Back in the day, it was a challenge in a group but I don't mean it was stupid hard or stupid easy...TO/DO/SO, the fact they wore out, stuff  harder to deal with, and sometimes you were getting rocked hard when your group couldn't click at first, you actually had to learn.  It was fun.

Now, if it is "PI mission +4/8" and I feel a bit useless, whiffing and low damage don't do much when "ION JUDGEMENT" pops up so constanly.  Incarnates just rock the missions solo while at least 6-7 are anchors in my opinion.  Its just not a bad feeling, just want to feel more useful.  But that is my opinion, in a group setting where everyone is just about equal in performance....blasters mostly gonna outdamage the melees with AoE, how do you score taunt, damage taken when things are held, would it even matter to track healing when almost everybody is running 45% positional defense?  You get what I mean, to much to even bother tracking to get a viable score against them.

Also for tracking stacks, its mostly damage taken / given / baddies killed...solo its just gonna be X / Y / X in "A Time Frame" which is gonna happen anyway and in a group as I said, why track everyone cause again CoH isn't challenging as you said since most missions are basically kill all; whats the point?  Sounds boring, tracking PVP I can see that but not PVE unless you want to run the same content over and over to get a better time.

Let me ask you, what would you be tracking anyway?  Damage is mostly static, positional defense builds (unless running old school) kills damage taken, and healing...well either you are really good with resists and managing aggro or you healer types suck/very good themselves.  I just can't see anything of value to track in CoH beyond PVP.

No debate. We just want to see numbers. If you don't want to see this, just say so, but don't make it out to be some trial-by-fire addition to the game. If you're so worried about seeing your numbers it'd just be an option, not "always on." 

EDIT: We got real-stats for builds in the form of Combat Attributes. They gave us the ability to see real debuff numbers and enemy stats with the Power Analyzers. People like numbers. This would be no different. 

Edited by Chronicler J
  • Like 2

Being able to see your performance beyond "we won/we lost or I think I did good/I didnt do good" would be a great. Im sorry you have played with rude players but this would enable you to practice your rotation/playstyle to get the most out of your archetype.

• Thanks 2

I like to fight.

12 minutes ago, RCU7115 said:

In my experience Combat Logs just lead to "you can't join our TF because you need to do xxx amount damage."

So you're already getting gated? How is my suggestion your problem when people are apparently already tracking your participation? I can't help you if other people are preventing you from playing content. I also fail to see how a stat page only you can see if you choose to toggle the option on would further limit your ability to play. 

Edited by Chronicler J
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Chronicler J said:

So you're already getting gated? How is my suggestion your problem when people are apparently already tracking your participation? I can't help you if other people are preventing you from playing content. I also fail to see how a stat page only you can see if you choose to toggle the option on would further limit your ability to play. 

I'm talking about other MMO's.

Edited by RCU7115

SWTOR has these leaderboards that show up as soon as you're done with a PvP match, and it has all the stats mentioned like damage dealt, healing, protections etc. I know it's from PvP, but the point is that the feature exists in another MMO. Considering the information displays in the combat log I would imagine it'd be an easy port to simply recreate a screen like the leaderboards from SWTOR.

• Thanks 1