Performance shifter or not?

DemonWithin

I've seen some builds with a 2 slot in stamina of the performance shifter end mod and the end proc.  I was gonna crunch the numbers to see if it is a better choice than just 2 boosted IO's.  Has anyone done a direct comparison.  You can save me the trouble if running the numbers...  And by better I intend strictly for endurance per second.

Edited by DemonWithin

Someone did the math ages ago, before boosting enhancements was an option. The math was also done before the Procs Per Minute change was introduced, which could mess with the math a bit, but shouldn't be too much.

In general, the Proc plus a level 50 EndMod (preferably from the set to get the movement bonus) is going to give the same or better effects; that's why so many high end builds use that setup.

If it's minutely less, can't you just +1 it if you're worried?

• Victory: reserved for future use
  • Indom: Schtick, Pummel Pete, Plymouth, Pilkington
  • Reunion: Ghost Legacy, 7s7e7v7e7n7, Mind Funk, Bluto
  • Excelsior: Phrendon Largo, Fred Bumbler, John van der Waals,Allamedia Jones, Tzapt, Sn1pe
  • Torchbearer: Phrendon Largo, Kenny Letter,  Bewm, La Merle, Enflambe', Rock Largo, Bulk of the Weather, Retired Phrendon
  • Everlasting: Phrendon Largo, Krown, Buzz Words, Bicycle Repairman, Dee Fender, Carmela Soprano, Radmental Boy, Beet Salad, Sporanghi,Sue Ahn Cuddy, Fukushima Technician, Snow Globe Girl, Thug Therapist, Apple Brown Betty

3 hours ago, Roderick said:

Someone did the math ages ago, before boosting enhancements was an option. The math was also done before the Procs Per Minute change was introduced, which could mess with the math a bit, but shouldn't be too much.

In general, the Proc plus a level 50 EndMod (preferably from the set to get the movement bonus) is going to give the same or better effects; that's why so many high end builds use that setup.

Someone did the math after the PPM changes and ability to boost enhancements, too:

• Like 2

One of the other nifty things with putting an Performance Shifter proc in there is that it isn't affected by -recovery Debuffs (at least as far as I know). That isn't a huge deal, but combined with the fact that it's also a bit better numerically & it seems like a clearly better option.

If I've got a character who's very end hungry even after that, I'll stick a 3rd slot in & put a 50+5  generic IO in there, and with a Musculature radial I think those will put you at the ED cap. So yeah, I think the proc is the best option for that slot overall.

4 minutes ago, Seroster01 said:

One of the other nifty things with putting an Performance Shifter proc in there is that it isn't affected by -recovery Debuffs (at least as far as I know). That isn't a huge deal, but combined with the fact that it's also a bit better numerically & it seems like a clearly better option.

If I've got a character who's very end hungry even after that, I'll stick a 3rd slot in & put a 50+5  generic IO in there, and with a Musculature radial I think those will put you at the ED cap. So yeah, I think the proc is the best option for that slot overall.

This is what I do.  Two Perf Shift (End Proc + EndMod) and one 50+5 EndRec.

Edited by Rathulfr

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

2 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

This is what I do.  Two Perf Shift (End Proc + EndMod) and one 50+5 EndRec.

I do this as well.  If you only have room for 2 slots, I'd drop the common IO, but I rarely see a build where I wouldn't rather have the full 3 slots in endurance and drop something else.

Active on Excelsior:

Prismatic Monkey - Seismic / Martial Blaster, Shadow Dragon Monkey - Staff / Dark Brute, Murder Robot Monkey - Arachnos Night Widow