Craft your junk!

seebs

I've started crafting-or-selling basically all my recipes. Rationale: I might be able to make more money not doing it, but I can basically always come out ahead on a thing by using converters on it, so my net cash flow stays positive. This means that I can increase (slightly) the population of IOs available on the market, and in general, I'll sell anything I generate that I think I'll get at least 2M for. But basically, increasing overall supply is good for pretty much everyone. It gives the people who just want to dump converters more income, it lowers prices a bit on the rare stuff... It seems like generally a win. It's a small time sink, it has pretty marginal opportunity cost, and it improves the health of the market.

This is basically how I have made inf for the past several months. It is certainly not a fast track to immense wealth, but given that I don't spend a lot as it is, it's a system that provides a decent, steady income with a fairly small amount of time invested. I initially started by crafting and selling anything that looked like it would turn a profit, no matter how small. Then I added converters to the mix to create more profitable IOs. I've advanced one step beyond that and am making an average profit of about 2.5 to 3 million inf per enhancement, and I'm quite happy with that. I store a modest amount of dropped salvage in my SG base and this approach lets me consume that salvage organically while minimizing the amount of salvage I need to purchase from the market (not that there is anything wrong with that!). Once my salvage starts to fill, I just sell off that excess as well. Of the several approaches I have tried for making inf in the market, I find this one suits me the best.

I just dump white/yellow salvage instantly on the market at 1 inf, and buy them at 250/1234 respectively. I know yellow's often cheaper than that, but since it vendors for 1k, i don't want sellers to feel like they're missing out by listing it on the market. I keep orange but forget to check it before buying it usually.