Clearly designate salvage tiers

Vanden

Right now, invention salvage is split into three discrete tiers: Low-level (10-25), Mid-level (26-40), and High-level (41-50). Recipes require salvage from the tier that their level falls under. Now me, I don't sell all my salvage. Instead, I let it accumulate so I can craft any good recipe drops I get, to sell or whatever. However, once I hit the levels where the salvage tier changes, I won't get any more recipe drops that use the lower salvage tier. For example, once I reach the point where every enemy I fight is level 26 or higher, low-level salvage is no longer useful to me because I won't be getting any more drops that use that salvage, so I might as well unload it all. The problem is, there's no way to tell what tier a piece of salvage belongs to, short of memorizing it from a list. So, my request is that some sort of visual indicator be added to the Salvage window to clearly show what tier it belongs to. Something like a series of dots or stars in the name or over the icon, like 1 dot for low-level, 2 for mid-level, and 3 for high-level.

My feeling on this is that when Homecoming added infinite salvage to the auction house, it was still kind of a stopgap.  I think Enhancements and Salvage still need something of an overhaul.  One idea might be allow any two (or three, or four) salvage to be turned into any other of the same rarity, so that you effectively never run out of salvage, and you always have the salvage you need as long as you're prepared to empty out your inventory a bit to get it.  This would also eliminate any concern about salvage tiers, except that maybe lowbie recipes and salvage should still exist so that starting players are more likely to actually get the salvage they need.

9 hours ago, Veelectric Boogaloo said:

Just have to overcome the old habits of hoarding salvage and just know you'll come out ahead selling it and buying what you need when you need.

This.  No point to save infinite Salvage that is dirt cheap.  Just save the red rares, at half a million a pop it might seem insignificant but making the IO is around that price; kinda evens out.

"Farming is just more fun in my opinion, beating up hordes of angry cosplayers...."  - Coyotedancer

I agree with the OP, I feel like this sort of thing should be labled. Hell, sometimes I can't tell if something is supposed to be tech salvage or magic salvage (apparently regenerating flesh is supposed to be science based while a psionic threat report is somehow magical?), and clear lables would help my OCD!

• Thanks 1