Task Force etiquette

Snarky

I think up to +2 is leader prerogative.  After that they should say something.

Unless most everyone is 50 in a Task force that runs runs at 50.  At that point max that sucker unless its a speed run or the groups are above average dificulty like Rularus.

• Like 2

I definitely think it's best if the person forming the TF sets the expectations in the message that they spam to LFG channel. 

And I think that even if, to you, there is a blindingly obvious and clear "default" for the TF, still specify that when sending messages to LFG channel.

Because I guaran-dam-tee there's gonna be people out there who disagree with what you think the "default" should be for a given TF. 

And really you only have to type it once.  How much harder is it to say "Forming Citadel TF, +0 speed run for quick merits, pst", or "Forming Citadel TF, +2, kill lots for exp and merits!  pst"  vs "Forming Citadel TF, pst". Might cost you entire seconds to type it out, and you avoid SO MUCH headaches once the group forms. 

Sure, there's no guarantee everyone actually READS your full text, (because, you know, reading is HARD...), and sure, there's no guarantee people will honor it. You may still have a pair of stalkers dead set on speed running it and finishing the mission no matter what you do.  You may still have a Tank or Brute who's less sure of themselves and wants a slower more methodical clear.  These things happen. But you at least would have set the tone, and it's entirely on THEM at that point if they don't like it, and you'd be entirely justified to kick them if they're causing grief.

Edited by MTeague
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

Original Positron doesn't have an Archvillain, though.  It only ever had Cortex, who is plenty soloable.

Most of the TF AVs are beatable when you solo since you can horde inspirations.

Its only if you want to do it Scrapper Rules that becomes a problem.

I always run TF's at +1 default and adjust based on the team.  If we're mostly level 50 running a lower TF I'll bump it to +2 at the beginning.  Once we've seen how the team is handling things in the first mission I may adjust the difficulty up or down as needed.  If we're having lots of close calls or deaths then the difficulty goes down.  If we're steamrolling then it goes up for more rewards.  That seems to be the default I've found with TF teams on Excelsior.  Yeah, Synapse is an exception because it's such a PITA most play it at +0.  I've only done Quarterhell twice, once on Live and I got talked into another here a few months ago when it was the WTF.  Somehow my opinion from 2005 hadn't changed... that's by far the worst TF in the entire game, with all the other Shard TF's filling out the rest of the basement.

And yes, you do have the idiots spamming "Looking for x for y TF, please send AT & level".  Strangely enough they rarely seem to fill their teams and it's not unusual to see a couple of other teams for the same TF fill up while they're trolling for their "Perfect Team".  You do occasionally see the elitist idiots but they're the exception.  Most of the leaders I've teamed with don't care what you're bringing as long as you meet the minimum level and have a clue what you're doing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guardian Survivor, occasional tanker and player of most AT's.

Guides: Invulnerability Tankers, The first 20 levels.  Invulnerability Tankers Soft Cap defense

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Call Me Awesome said:

And yes, you do have the idiots spamming "Looking for x for y TF, please send AT & level". 

Was looking for a specific tf the other day, saw someone advertising it but they were doing the "send powers, AT, level" bit... so i just ignored it

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Far as I remember, "speed runs" where were someone with team teleport stealths to mission bosses while the rest of the team waits at the door, then teleports the team to them. Thus skipping all the mobs.

In my opinion, if you want to run a TF at higher difficulty then it defaults to, THAT you should mention. Similarly, if every mission will be stealthed, mention that. Otherwise the default assumption should be "we're fighting our way through missions as a team on the default setting".

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1