Staff or Psi?

ceto555

Hi folks,

Which of these two do you suggest for a mainly solo stalker? I heard a lot of mobs have high Psi resistance at higher levels and that will make things tough. Any Staff and Psi experienced players out there that can give me some advice?

Thanks!

One thing to consider is if you like the attacks sounds and animations.

I found that I dislike both powersets because of the sounds.

At higher levels there are a lot of robots, which are psi resistant.

They are usually smash weak, so staff might be better.

Both work well, and both will be fine at higher levels, but you have to consider:

1: How much do you care about AoE? Staff is a lot better AoE

2: How much do you care about defensive help? Staff is pretty good with a Parry effect and lots of knockdowns.

3: How much do you care about controlling effects? Psy has a Hold and a ranged non-aggro Confuse, and its AoE has guaranteed knockup, leading to a lot of control.

• Like 3

I have an incarnate Psi melee stalker, I've never had a "problem" with him. Some foes require more hitting but not to the point of it causing a serious problem, you just might find yourself going a little slower on certain mobs. The set also has some smashing damage so you're not totally psi. 

See me on Excelsior as Eridanus - Whisperkill - Kid Physics - Ranger Wilde - The Hometown Scrapper - Firewatch - and more!