Mastermind Audio Troubles

Newtrus

Hello folks.

Anytime I load into a zone or mission with my pets up (zombies) the mass summon sounds is so eardrum shattering I have to take my headset off. The rest of the games audio is fine and I don't play with the volume very loud. Does anyone know how too dampen the volume when loading into a place with my pets ?

It's the equip/upgrade sound FX being played simultaneously on each Pet that is multiplying the volume of the sound FX (and "surrounding" you with it) when you zone.  Might be a good idea to put this into the Feedback forum as a suggestion to lower the volume of the Level 6 and Level 32 powers on every Mastermind primary powerset, to help mitigate this problem.  It would seem to be a relatively simple thing to replace all of those files with a "quieter" version (not silenced, just quieter) of the sound for those powers.

Heck, I'd even go so far as to say that if the Homecoming Devs wanted to get cute about it, they could rig it up under the heading of Alternate Animations chosen in the costume editor ... except that the different variants of the powers would have the exact same animations (so no changes visually) but instead would function call different audio files for the sound FX when the powers are used ... so you could have an Original (loud) version and an Alternate (lower sound volume) version of the equip/upgrade powers ... just in case people don't want to lose the original while making the alternative option available for those who want it (and want to keep their hearing intact).

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

12 hours ago, Newtrus said:

Hello folks.

Anytime I load into a zone or mission with my pets up (zombies) the mass summon sounds is so eardrum shattering I have to take my headset off. The rest of the games audio is fine and I don't play with the volume very loud. Does anyone know how too dampen the volume when loading into a place with my pets ?

Found this very annoying as well, and I don't even use headphones.  Some sets are worse than others, necro (as you happen to be commenting on) being the worst out of the sets I've played to higher levels.  

Another random one that is super loud (to show it isn't just a MM problem), soul drain from dark melee.  Every time I fire that one off, ouch to the eardrums, seems to be twice as loud as any other power in the set.

On 1/25/2020 at 1:49 PM, Newtrus said:

Hello folks.

Ask and thou shalt receive

• Thanks 1

After looking into this for a bit, I found 4 files that may be causing the issue. Necro pulls most, if not all of it's sounds from all of the Dark powersets and the summon/resummon and buffs use multiple sfx.

What I've found so far is that while there is still the repeated summon sound on zoning, it doesn't seem to multiply itself after I silenced the following files.

These are all in the folder data\ogg\Powers:

aura3

aura4

Darkwindup2

miasma3

Silencing any or all of these will also affect any Dark Blast/Control/Melee powers that also use the same sfx.

Edit: Granted, it could also be that I've been listening to it so much today that I've gone deef.

😄

Edited by Oubliette_Red

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.