14 of 15 Dark Astoria Story Arcs...?

calcooper4

A couple of missions give badges for certain choices, like the one toward the end where you take an army with you against Mot's minions but choose to fight without them. I don't recall offhand which badge it is. It's the only one I haven't gone back to get on my main yet.

1 hour ago, Shockacon said:

A couple of missions give badges for certain choices, like the one toward the end where you take an army with you against Mot's minions but choose to fight without them. I don't recall offhand which badge it is. It's the only one I haven't gone back to get on my main yet.

'Lone Wolf' is the badge for the one in the final mission, there is also a badge specifically for telling the Cimeorian Freedom Phalanx to stay behind and solo it yourself which is the 'Knows no Fear' badge. Also there are badges for rescuing the Detective and your Incarnate rival which only appear if you saved them at least once in the other arcs.

The other easy way to tell if you've missed a story mission is to see if any of them are still contacts in your list. Remember the Dream Doctor, for example, offers a lead in Mission for the Dilemma Diabolique iTrial which also awards a badge once you do it. If he's still in your contact list, means you might need to complete this mission (just auto-complete it to skip the part about actually doing the iTrial).

This part isn't actually listed on the Paragon Wiki as part of his arc and neither is the badge by the looks of things.

Edited by DR_Mechano
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DR_Mechano said:

there is also a badge specifically for telling the Cimeorian Freedom Phalanx to stay behind and solo it yourself which is the 'Knows no Fear' badge

GYAH! I forgot about that one... ok so that's 2 I never went back and got on that toon... thanks for the reminder

17 minutes ago, EmperorSteele said:

When you did Max's arc, did you find/release the Malta operatives? Because you can choose not to, but then you miss a mission and don't get credit for it.

This sounds like a likely culprit, having done it once I know all the tricks (like follow the carpet to stop the Knives ambushes) and usually just skip the rescue missions and speed run it since it doesn't award any incarnate salvage or merits because it gives you the option to do this.

23 hours ago, DR_Mechano said:

This sounds like a likely culprit, having done it once I know all the tricks (like follow the carpet to stop the Knives ambushes) and usually just skip the rescue missions and speed run it since it doesn't award any incarnate salvage or merits because it gives you the option to do this.

i just found the Mott Story arc after I posted this looking for help last night. Played it today and guess what??  My badge window changed from "completed 14 out of 15" story arcs in Dark Astoria to "completed 15 out of 16" story arcs in Dark Astoria. They moved the goal post!!!

• Haha 1

Ok, here's a glitchy little coda for everyone. I logged back in just now, called the contact Doctor Dream, and was awarded the Determined accolade for DA story arcs. I guess the "15 out of 16" description is temporary until you get back to your contact. 

I still plan to go back and do it solo for the "Knows No Fear" badge DR_Mechano mentioned! I did get the Incarnate Rival and Buddy Cop badges. 

Thanks to everyone for helping to enable my badge problem!

Cal Cooper

badgeproblem.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 months later
On 1/27/2020 at 3:08 AM, calcooper4 said:

My badge window changed from "completed 14 out of 15" story arcs in Dark Astoria to "completed 15 out of 16" story arcs in Dark Astoria. They moved the goal post!!!

Wouldn’t it be for the addition of a “prologue” ?

I had the same problem, “completed 15 out of 16” and didn’t understand what I was missing, until I discovered the presence of a prologue story arc, in Ouroboros flashbacks.
When I followed the missions the usual way (without Ouroboros), I never had any prologue.
I just did it and got the accolade.

On 1/26/2020 at 9:49 PM, calcooper4 said:

I still plan to go back and do it solo for the "Knows No Fear" badge DR_Mechano mentioned! I did get the Incarnate Rival and Buddy Cop badges. 

You don't have to do it solo, you just have to tell the NPC's that you don't want help. You can bring a team or a friend. And unless you are 50+3 I do suggest you bring a friend, those missions aren't exactly trivial.

• Thanks 1

I have a Darkness Manipulation Proposal: Let me know what you think!

• 5 weeks later
On 5/9/2020 at 1:49 PM, Jactari said:

Wouldn’t it be for the addition of a “prologue” ?

This is what I found. If you go to the Pillar of Ice and Flame the first Dark Astoria mission will be from Captain Nolan, it is an Introduction to DA. While looking at the mission list it will be the only one not highlighted. Did that one and got the badge. It is a solo/non combat mission. The mission progression will start and run to the end without it but you won't receive the badge till you complete it.

• Like 2

" When it's too tough for everyone else,

it's just right for me..."

( Unless it's Raining, or Cold, or Really Dirty

or there are Sappers, Man I hate those Guys...)

Marine X

3 hours ago, Marine X said:

This is what I found. If you go to the Pillar of Ice and Flame the first Dark Astoria mission will be from Captain Nolan, it is an Introduction to DA. While looking at the mission list it will be the only one not highlighted. Did that one and got the badge. It is a solo/non combat mission. The mission progression will start and run to the end without it but you won't receive the badge till you complete it.

I like Captain Nolan's mission, even though there's not much to it.  It's a solid transition into the DA story arc, and it's a change of pace (however brief) away from combat and toward a detective story.