MM pet upgrade abilities

kojiden

Hi. I think Masterminds would be much more enjoyable to play if you don't have to physically upgrade them twice. I think either the upgrades should be auto powers that affect the pets as they're summoned, or the 2nd upgrade should be an auto ability that augments the first upgrade ability to also upgrade with the 2nd upgrade abilities (this might be the better of the two options, since you're still getting that feel of upgrading your pets without it being as cumbersome). If there's a concern about "get gud" or pvp then maybe in response they could increase the cooldown for summoning pets, so that keeping your pets alive is still encouraged.

Edited by kojiden
  • Like 1

I actually really enjoy the animations and changes from upgrading pets. Feels like I'm the kingpin supplying the goods, or the master binding them to me. Can't get behind this one, not that inconvenient.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, VileTerror said:

Being able to choose which Henchpets you upgrade is also a valid tactic, and making the upgrades Auto would remove the capacity for that.

Since the upgrades are AoE's nowadays, your ability to do so is kinda limited...

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

On 1/26/2020 at 9:25 PM, VileTerror said:

Being able to choose which Henchpets you upgrade is also a valid tactic

Personally, I think the issue with this is that there is a pet people are preferring not to upgrade because something about the upgrades isn't good for its role.  That's more a balance oversight that needs fixed with the pet itself rather than an issue with upgrading pets.  I don't know of any pets I personally would ever choose not to upgrade, but if there's one people are turning down, they need to be fixed so that the upgrade is a true benefit to the pet.

• Like 1

On 1/26/2020 at 9:26 PM, VileTerror said:

The AoE doesn' penetrate line of sight barriers.  You can also summon Henchpets in a specific order, upgrading before summoning the last one(s).

Yeah but there's literally no advantage to doing this. 

To the OP, I think part of the point of the pet upgrades is to balance out resummoning in combat. If I could just endlessly shit out fully upgraded pets forever I'd be functionally immortal in all content. 

On 1/27/2020 at 11:51 PM, Tyrannical said:

Im no expert, but I believe the reason is so that resummoning henchmen isn't an efficient practice, especially in PvP.

It gives incentive to keep your henchmen alive, and ensures that enemies can capitalise on the dip you take in damage output and endurance.

As a Necromancer who doesn't care to keep my Zombies alive, I'd be more than happy to keep summoning them as they die.  That is a theme based dream for me personally.

I also personally don't like how upgrades are handled.  Whether it's a toggle (Hopefully low end, got enough toggles as is) that upgrades every so often, they automatically upgrade when summoned, or the T2 Upgrade automatically does T1, I don't care.  Any of them are more valid than having the manually upgrade both.