Water Blast - Water Burst vs Geyser

MrSnottyPants

7 hours ago, Force Redux said:

Water burst of love. 

Preach! 

Water Burst also is a sphere AoE so it has a higher target cap than Steam Spray which is a cone.  I dropped Steam Spray from my build.  It is a good power, but it was what I decided to drop in favor of other powers.  As @drbuzzard says "you can't have too many AoEs" and that's true.  At least until said AoEs may conflict with something else you want or how you like to play. 😉 

Also, Water Burst is another Tidal spender that gains additional cold damage plus greater chance for knockup.  I kept Whirlpool because it is integral to my play style and build. 

Agreed @oldskool ; Cones are my least favorite attacks (I incarnated a Sonic Blast, among other things, so I've given them a good shot).  Wide ones are decent (such as Steam Spray, which I found rather easy to aim and forgiving). But my favorite AoEs are Targeted ones. Water Burst is also visually appealing, but the Knockup is also useful. And it recharges fairly quickly. So much to like there. Its the 'perfect' TAOE in my humble opinion.

@Force Redux on Everlasting

----- (read my guide) -----

Gather the Shadows: A Dark Miasma Primer for Masterminds

17 minutes ago, SwitchFade said:

Keep both. And steam spray.

I have a 50 water /SR, and my attach chain utilizes Whirlpool, geyser, steam spray, water burst.

Huge AoE. Fun.

50 Water/WP/Leviathan here and my attack chain utilizes Whirlpool, Water Burst, Geyser and Bile Spray.

If I hadn’t chosen Leviathan, I would be using Steam Spray.

Playing CoX is it’s own reward