Grav/?

terrasmash

Gravity/Psionic would be fun. You could Wormhole mobs into an orderly, tight pile and get full stacks of Drain Psyche, follow it up with Psychic Shockwave and everything will be stunned. I have been hearing good things about /Energy on Doms, might be a fun combo. 

Grav/Storm, because Wormhole packs mobs tightly into a small space for Tornado/Lightning Storm to mulch.

Grav/Traps is also good.

Gravity on Dominators has major issues, mostly relating to the fact that it was designed as a "shooty Controller", and therefore is superfluous when your secondary includes "shooty" in it. So you end up not really getting mileage out of attacks in the primary that are great for Controllers, but nothing special for Dominators.

4 minutes ago, Coyote said:

Grav/Storm, because Wormhole packs mobs tightly into a small space for Tornado/Lightning Storm to mulch.

Grav/Traps is also good.

Gravity on Dominators has major issues, mostly relating to the fact that it was designed as a "shooty Controller", and therefore is superfluous when your secondary includes "shooty" in it. So you end up not really getting mileage out of attacks in the primary that are great for Controllers, but nothing special for Dominators.

Maybe a Grav rework is in the books for Doms? I’d like to see a rework similar to how Controllers got Darkness Affinity.

It would be a good idea, I think... low hanging fruit to fix, IMO, as changing a couple of powers wouldn't be that hard and would almost create a new set. But... what about existing Gravity Doms? You'd almost have to create a Gravity Domination set or something like that, leaving the old one in place for existing players, since the point would be to NOT follow the "cottage rule".

It isnt the most powerful but I tried a grav/sav on test and it is super cool because you can intercept your target at the top of the arc when you use lift on them and then hit them with feral charge. 

Also if you wormhole target(s) up against a far wall/roof you can feral charge up and intercept them as well. And then feral charge down to where they land shortly after if you are hovering. 

very "master of space" feeling and I have an entire teleporting  concept in mind. 

8 minutes ago, mbre2006 said:

I would go grav/energy. The immob helps with the kb energy has to offer. 

Except ... Gravity's Immobilize doesn't modify Knockback ... so Knockback is not reduced ...

I'm not following your logic here.

IifneyR.gif

Verbogeny is one of many pleasurettes afforded a creatific thinkerizer.

4 hours ago, mbre2006 said:

4 hours ago, mbre2006 said:

I'm trying one.

L38 so far.  Very 'kinetic.'  Lots of choice.  Lots of combos...

Loads of fun.  Lots to do.  Hold them.  Throw them.  Great synergy.

It's a beat down.

I like the new energy store and spend mechanic on the Energy Dom'.

A z r a.

5 hours ago, Redlynne said:

Except ... Gravity's Immobilize doesn't modify Knockback ... so Knockback is not reduced ...

I'm not following your logic here.

My bad. I have procs in my energy attacks. Been awhile since I actually looked at the slots until you mentioned this. So scratch that part about the kb.

IMO skip Fire, Energy, Savage, or Radiation. Each has an in-set extra mechanic that forces you into using the Assault powers offensively, but the whole point of Gravity is getting extra damage from Impact + Propel or Lift. If they ever fix Doms so that Impact affects Assault powers these sets would be very attractive though.

I would go with Martial, Psi, or Earth because you can grab the AoEs or useful secondary effects from them and their base single target damage isn't great. Dark Assault might work too if you want it for the self heal. Wormhole into Caltrops or Drain Psyche are excellent tactics.

EDIT: That said, Energy may work if you basically limit your powers to Power Up, Total Focus and Whirling Hands. Skipping half or more of the Assault set powers is pretty routine so I guess it could work.

Edited by oedipus_tex

21 minutes ago, oedipus_tex said:

I would go with Martial, Psi, or Earth because you can grab the AoEs or useful secondary effects from them and their base single target damage isn't great. Dark Assault might work too if you want it for the self heal. Wormhole into Caltrops or Drain Psyche are excellent tactics.

Grav/Martial is actually quite a fun combo. When i built one on pineapple i played entirely from range because the melee attacks seemed kinda meh to me. i had all the ranged shuriken attacks, and the offensive gravity ones. it was plowing through +4 mobs. 

On 2/9/2020 at 8:49 PM, Tryna_Dugid said:

Grav/Martial is actually quite a fun combo. When i built one on pineapple i played entirely from range because the melee attacks seemed kinda meh to me. i had all the ranged shuriken attacks, and the offensive gravity ones. it was plowing through +4 mobs. 

that's what i did and so far i like it alot. got a build or no ?