Patch Notes for February 9th, 2020

The Curator

• Developer

Bug Fixes

• Doc Buzzsaw was not aware of the decreased level range for Positron Part 1. She now spawns all the way down to level 8.

Powers Bug Fixes

• Clockwork Reassembly power should again calculate the chance for each individual spawned Gear, instead of only once at death. Average spawn count over time will not change, but it will be rare to get no Gears out of a defeated boss.
  • Fixed many missing PStrings on crafting windows and mail attachments.
  • Proton Volley's Fast-Snipe sphere FX should now tint properly in the Dark Theme.
  • Further fixes to the Taunt global proc.
  • Fixed an issue with many powers displaying duplicate effects in their power info window.
  • Addressed a bug where sometimes, after zoning, Bio Armor would have two both, offensive and defensive Adaptations active simultaneously.
  • Many Lore Pet powers were not subject to PvP Mez suppression, this has been fixed.
  • Players should no longer see a debuff icon when Carnival Master Illusionists summons pets.
  • Players should no longer see a debuff icon when Tuatha Bosses use Animated Stone.
  • Fixed short tool tip for Sirocco's Dervish to clarify it is a chance for damage.
  • Mind Control > Terrify: This power no longer states it accepts Accurate ToHit Debuff sets. This power has never had a ToHit Debuff component.
  • Fiery Melee > Breath of Fire: Fixed an animation bug when the power is used with Shield Defense
  • Energy Blast > Sniper Blast: Fixed sound sync issues with the tintable fast cast version of the power.
  • Sentinel > Dark Blast > Antumbral Beam: Fixed missing sound FX.
  • Pool > Sorcery > Rune of Protection: Clicking on this power should not trigger an animation if the power has not recharged.
  • Dominator > Martial Assault > Masterful Throw (Quick Version): Adjusted the projectile and hit timing.
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

So I logged on to try to test the Taunt global proc on my Rad/Electric Brute. I mostly wanted to see if it would work if you zone while the toggles are active.

The first thing I noticed is that the targets in the Vanguard base in the RWZ are missing (because that's where I logged off the last time).

image.png.0573945fa2ab02e20203df4fe5fdc538.png

So after that I decided to just duck out into Peregrine Island and walk through some of the Nemesis spawns near the RWZ entrance to test:

• Turned on Lightning Field and Irradiated Ground, zoned out to Peregrine Island to see if the combat log would indicate taunts - no Taunt messages showed in the combat log while zoning with the toggles active, and the mobs fled after two or three ticks of damage. :(
  • Zoned back into RWZ, detoggled, entered PI again with Lightning Field and Irradiated Ground off.
  • Toggle Lightning Field and Irradiated Ground back on, walk up to a spawn. Taunt messages appear in the combat log, mobs do not flee.

Edited by siolfir
adding image

Took my fire/fire brute into a MA mission with all toggles on.  Had about a quarter to a third or less runners than currently on Live.  Unlike Live, they all came back in short order. (10-20 seconds max?  Some less than that.  My time sense goes wonky in combat.)  At the end, the map was essentially clear - I only had to chase down one straggler.  (I was impatient and didn't wait to see if he would come back.)

Took him street sweeping in Bricks and PI, same result.  A small number of runners, if they could find a path back to me they came back pretty quickly.

Unofficial Homecoming Wiki - Paragon Wiki updated for Homecoming!  Your contributions are welcome!
(Not the owner/operator - just a fan who wants to spread the word.)

Took my fire/fire brute through my usual AE and I'm still seeing a lot of runners.  Strangely, todays patch seems to have made some improvement over the previous beta patch in that there are slightly fewer runners and more seem to come back more quickly and not run as far away - however, it also seems like I am seeing fewer taunt messages than the previous test patch?  Weird.   Anyhow, this seems to be going in the right direction but it's not yet back to how it originally was.  At least for my fire/fire brute.

Only ran one run through tonight.  Will try again tomorrow to see if I can get more specifics.

Thanks!

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

2 hours ago, siolfir said:

So I logged on to try to test the Taunt global proc on my Rad/Electric Brute. I mostly wanted to see if it would work if you zone while the toggles are active.

The first thing I noticed is that the targets in the Vanguard base in the RWZ are missing (because that's where I logged off the last time).

image.png.0573945fa2ab02e20203df4fe5fdc538.png

I believe the missing RWZ dummies is a long standing issue.  Things may have changed in the last 8 years, but as I remember it they despawn when someone logs into the area with no one else around (and I don't think they respawn until the zone is reset).

• Thanks 1

Decided to do one more quick test tonight.

This time I detoggled Blazing Aura before zoning into the AE and then zoned in waited 12+ seconds before toggling it back on.  

This time, everything seems to be working pretty close if not exactly the same as originally.  Very very few runners.  Awesome!  It seems like this fixes it if you can just get the part about "zoning with the aura toggled on" working.  Also, this brought back those missing taunt messages.

Will keep an eye out for a patch to test out the zoning with aura toggle running.  Thanks!

Edited by KauaiJim
I can't spell when I'm tired...

Want to see my current list of characters?  Want to know more about me than you ever wanted to know?

Wish Granted!   Check out the 'About Me' in my profile:   KauaiJim - Homecoming (homecomingservers.com)

It still seems to require a toggle cycle to get taunt auras to work after zoning.

Also, it appears that Gauntlet isn't working each time I hit a foe with my taunt aura.

In a simple case where I let Blazing Aura defeat two prisoners on the street, I hit the minion 9 times with Blazing Aura and had 5 Taunt messages.  The Lt was hit 16 times and had 9 Taunt messages, and one of those came after a Blazing Aura miss (the only one of the 26 attacks from BA that missed).  It almost seems as if the tick rate for the Blazing Aura taunt is half that of the rate for damage.  Though it could simply be that either it isn't taunting all the time, or isn't reporting the taunt even though it worked.  Whatever the case, something is not right.

BA test.txt

• Jimmy locked this topic