Greyed out teammates

Son of Turnip

Hi all,

I never really noticed the impact of grey teammates until one disappeared before my eyes and I couldn't teleport them to me. What does the greyed out teammate mean, and how can I / my teammate get around not being able to teleport someone who should be standing 20 ft. from me? Full disclosure: this happens both on a multiboxed account (650 characters online, following the rules) and when playing with a friend.

Thanks!

Some zones have 'instanced' sub zones.  Parts of atlas park change depending on your progress in the starting contacts.  An area can contain hellions or police depending on whether you have completed a mission. 

Characters on your team in those sub zones appear greyed out in the team list.

2 hours ago, DougGraves said:

Some zones have 'instanced' sub zones.  Parts of atlas park change depending on your progress in the starting contacts.  An area can contain hellions or police depending on whether you have completed a mission. 

Characters on your team in those sub zones appear greyed out in the team list.

Interesting.  Now, does it matter which "sub-instance" (for lack of a better term for it) you are each in?

To use your example, if you've done Matthew Hashaby's beginner arc and cleaned up the Hellions, but I haven't, will we see each other's team bars as greyed out?  Will that situation resolve if I then run the arc in Flashback?

(Just thinking out loud really, not expecting you to know this, but if anyone does, rock on!)

1 hour ago, Generator said:

To use your example, if you've done Matthew Hashaby's beginner arc and cleaned up the Hellions, but I haven't, will we see each other's team bars as greyed out?  Will that situation resolve if I then run the arc in Flashback?

Yes, and yes.

Amusing thing I encountered the other day on my Grav controller. I was messing around with Wormhole, throwing NPCs around to amuse myself as they resume whatever animation they were doing (like trying to steal those purses), and did that to some of the Hellions burning a building. When I moved over to them, to continue pinging them around, they vanished! Turns out (unsurprisingly but unexpectedly) that NPCs don't phase into the 'normal' city area when crossing the boundary. Makes me wonder what happens to things like aggro when you cross the boundary (would enemies keep chasing you around, but be unable to do anything, or would they magically forget you existed?).

• Thanks 1