Badges Detection tool and online tracker / Leaderboard

xeaon

• 4 months later
On 2/29/2020 at 4:06 AM, xeaon said:

Hi Everyone,

Back in December I have built a tool, as a proof of concept, to automatically detect badges in game using bind files.
Those that remember it, back in the days we use to have bind files to trigger “setTitle” command lines.

Those command lines were written in log files. From there a tool was fetching the info and publishing it to City Info Tracker (https://cit.cohtitan.com/character/leaderboards)

The tool I have built back in December, was to see If it was possible to recreate a similar tool.

The proof of concept was working well enough. 
This encouraged me to start working on the next logical step, build a replacement for City Info Tracker.

I have been working on this since the last few weeks. Today I am ready to show the result.
If such a tool/web site could be of interest to you, simply go to https://cityofbadgers.com

Also, I want to give a big thank you to Kitsune and collaborators. 
I have used Kitsune’s open source badges database to start this project.
I Also want to thank everyone that helped me tested the site while it was being developed.

So if I'm still running a Windows 7 machine (I know) and if I was dumb enough to install the game in the My Documents folder (I know) and I get this error (see attached image), does that mean the only solution is to reinstall the game in a location that's less stupid?

Untitled.jpg

I'm afraid soo. 

you could toy around with changing read access and what not, but I would not recommend it.

If you reinstall the game you wont loose your account/toon(s) progress.

Just an hassle to do one time.

• Like 1

Tried the new beta launcher today. That works great. 

However, something isnt working with this as I get this error

tempsnip.png

Apologies if this an obvious fix, trying to cook dinner and play with toddler at the same time 🙂

Edited by Lunchmoney

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I'm in the UK and play on Reunion.

On 10/18/2020 at 5:14 PM, Lunchmoney said:

Tried the new beta launcher today. That works great. 

However, something isnt working with this as I get this error

tempsnip.png

Apologies if this an obvious fix, trying to cook dinner and play with toddler at the same time 🙂

Broken a bit more now. The box to select account is blank and nothing can be selected. 

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. 

I used to play under the handle @Purple Clown, back on Live. Now I play under @Lunchmoney

I know we had this issue in the past, so I wonder if you have the most up to date CityOfBadger client tool?

Else, the new launcher might have affected how the files are structured, and the code to make sure you are a Homecoming user is not working anymore.

Maybe the simple fix would be to not have such a validation.

I just had in mind, maybe some folks would try the tool on another private server and pollute the data, with non Homecoming stuff.

The probability this happen is prolly slim...

Please let me know if you do have the latest client tool.

I'll figure something from there.

On 10/19/2020 at 3:05 PM, GUTROT said:

Has anyone been able to get this tool running properly on OSX?

& if so.. How?! hehe  ><'

The client tool is written in .Net framework, therefore wont work on OSX, at least not natively.

I don't have a Mac myself, so its hard to test it.

I've heard of https://www.winehq.org/ but never tried it myself.

I have plan to revamp the tool at some point, maybe even rewrite it in Xamarin ( this will be a good excuse to learn more about Xamarin ).

From what I gather, with Xamarin, an app. can be installed on PC/Mac/Android.

But regardless, I would need to understand how the files are structured on a Mac... as in are the log files in the same file structures as in a PC ?

Side note: maybe at some point ill buy a certificate  for the app. I know some antivirus complain when you try to install a non signed app. 

2 hours ago, xeaon said:

Please let me know if you do have the latest client tool.

Yah, I thought about that and redownloaded the client tool and ran it from the new HC install location. That's when the account box started to resist attempts to get anything in it. 

I then tried launching from Tequila again but also no joy 😞

I'm limited on my play time (far more forum time than play time due to the boy running around my feet) but I'm to try anything, just will have to wait until I get time 🙂

Edited by Lunchmoney

Was given a bit of time by the toddler taking a nap. 

Downloaded the tool again but no change. 

Tried running CoH from Tequila and it all worked.

I've tried pointing the tool at the location of cityofheroes.exe and my log files, neither want to produce any results. 

However. I just moved the new HC launcher and all its gubbins from "My Games" to its own folder on C:\.  Reran tool and it found it.... So is the error having the HC folder inside Documents\My Games? 

Edited by Lunchmoney

I installed the new Launcher this morning.

And then I tried the lastest CityOfBadgersClientTool (2020-10-23 version).

It worked fine for me, I only have to point to the new folder:

image.png.7b9e69b2b2c556baaf36f88b58e4ae6c.png

image.png.0c913e855d356381bc058a1b158352d8.png

(I should fix the possible match tally... one of those days, its count some badges in double at that step)

Publishing works too:

image.png.b6103d57978e59ab88bd12156ebe9b49.png

• Like 1

Can anyone tell my why i get this error:
 Unable to read in keybind file: C:/Games/City of Heroes/temp settitles 2500.txt

When i type:
/bind_load_file "C:\Games\City of Heroes\temp settitles 2500"
and my location of the file is:
C:\Games\City of Heroes\temp

Im using windows10 and not entirely sure if the file is saved as a .txt file. I rightclick the link for the bindfile and save as. (If i left click it opens the file in a browser window)

Any help would be appreciated 🙂

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

Hi Ejlertson,

I see you folder is "C:\Games\City of Heroes\temp" but the name of the file is not clear to me, I would guess it's "settitles 2500.txt" (while when you download it from the site the proposed file name is "coh settitles 2500.txt"  ... the file name you pick in the end only matter in terms of matching it in the bind command).

Assuming, the file name is indeed "settitles 2500.txt" once on disk, the command line should be :

>>      /bind_load_file "C:\Games\City of Heroes\temp\settitles 2500.txt"

Let me know if this help.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xeaon said:

Hi Ejlertson,

I see you folder is "C:\Games\City of Heroes\temp" but the name of the file is not clear to me, I would guess it's "settitles 2500.txt" (while when you download it from the site the proposed file name is "coh settitles 2500.txt"  ... the file name you pick in the end only matter in terms of matching it in the bind command).

Assuming, the file name is indeed "settitles 2500.txt" once on disk, the command line should be :

>>      /bind_load_file "C:\Games\City of Heroes\temp\settitles 2500.txt"

Let me know if this help.

It helped immensly. I noticed where i hade made the mistake.
Thanks fo  taking the time to help 🙂

Before you post or reply to anything online allways remember Wheaton´s Law!

On 10/22/2020 at 4:11 PM, xeaon said:

The client tool is written in .Net framework, therefore wont work on OSX, at least not natively.

I don't have a Mac myself, so its hard to test it.

I've heard of https://www.winehq.org/ but never tried it myself.

I have plan to revamp the tool at some point, maybe even rewrite it in Xamarin ( this will be a good excuse to learn more about Xamarin ).

From what I gather, with Xamarin, an app. can be installed on PC/Mac/Android.

But regardless, I would need to understand how the files are structured on a Mac... as in are the log files in the same file structures as in a PC ?

Side note: maybe at some point ill buy a certificate  for the app. I know some antivirus complain when you try to install a non signed app. 

I am able to run the tool with Wine, but when I want to input the Log File Path it assumes (logically :P) a Windows file structure (defaults to C:\Program Files (x86)\Tequilla)

It does show another drive (named Z: ) which seems to contain all of the folders that are present on my Mac, so I am actually able to browse to and select the right Logs folder (which is btw located at /Applications/CoH/Launcher/accounts/GUTROT/logs)  but when I do that & click OK I get the following error: (see image)

Complete error msg text (not sure if useful tho 😛) :

Spoiler

See the end of this message for details on invoking \njust-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.\n\n************** Exception Text **************\nSystem.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Ionic.Utils.FolderBrowserDialogEx.RunDialog (System.IntPtr hWndOwner) [0x0021f] in <d7f12cdc50bb4e58adb3fe034d7500a5>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog (System.Windows.Forms.IWin32Window owner) [0x000f0] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog () [0x00000] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) System.Windows.Forms.CommonDialog.ShowDialog()
  at CityOfBadgersClientTool.CohLogPathManagement.FetchLogFilePath () [0x00064] in <d7f12cdc50bb4e58adb3fe034d7500a5>:0
  at CityOfBadgersClientTool.MainForm.bBrowseLogFile_Click (System.Object sender, System.EventArgs e) [0x00000] in <d7f12cdc50bb4e58adb3fe034d7500a5>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x0001f] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick (System.EventArgs e) [0x00037] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs mevent) [0x0009a] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m, System.Windows.Forms.MouseButtons button, System.Int32 clicks) [0x001c3] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x005a0] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x0011f] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00056] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x00001] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.Control+ControlNativeWindow.WndProc (System.Windows.Forms.Message& m) [0x000b3] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0
  at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback (System.IntPtr hWnd, System.Int32 msg, System.IntPtr wparam, System.IntPtr lparam) [0x00030] in <afc71676634a41889c6929c14e8a57bd>:0

\n************** Loaded Assemblies **************\nmscorlib\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.6.57.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/4.5/mscorlib.dll\n----------------------------------------\nCityOfBadgersClientTool\n    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: n/a\n    CodeBase: file:///Z:/Applications/CoH/Launcher/-%20City%20Of%20Badgers/CityOfBadgersClientTool.exe\n----------------------------------------\nSystem.Windows.Forms\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.6.57.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/System.Windows.Forms/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll\n----------------------------------------\nSystem\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.6.57.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/System/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll\n----------------------------------------\nSystem.Drawing\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.6.57.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/System.Drawing/4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll\n----------------------------------------\nAccessibility\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: \n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/Accessibility/4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Accessibility.dll\n----------------------------------------\nSystem.Configuration\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.6.57.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/System.Configuration/4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll\n----------------------------------------\nNewtonsoft.Json\n    Assembly Version: 12.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: n/a\n    CodeBase: file:///Z:/Applications/CoH/Launcher/-%20City%20Of%20Badgers/Newtonsoft.Json.dll\n----------------------------------------\nSystem.Core\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.6.57.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/System.Core/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll\n----------------------------------------\nSystem.Numerics\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.6.57.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/System.Numerics/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Numerics.dll\n----------------------------------------\nSystem.Runtime.Serialization\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.6.57.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/System.Runtime.Serialization/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Serialization.dll\n----------------------------------------\nSystem.Data\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.6.57.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/System.Data/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Data.dll\n----------------------------------------\nSystem.Xml\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.6.57.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/System.Xml/4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll\n----------------------------------------\nMono.Security\n    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0\n    Win32 Version: 4.0.0.0\n    CodeBase: file:///C:/windows/mono/mono-2.0/lib/mono/gac/Mono.Security/4.0.0.0__0738eb9f132ed756/Mono.Security.dll\n----------------------------------------\n\n************** JIT Debugging **************\n

error.jpg

Interesting,

does it show the the line number where it fail, if you scroll the error message box to the right?

Would it be possible for you to send me the whole content of that box (as I cant see it all from this print screen) in a private message ?

TANK YOU 😛

On 5/8/2020 at 10:07 AM, Lunchmoney said:

Just downloaded and tested.

I've put the tool in my folder with the cityofheroes.exe.

Run tool, validated my client token. 

Cannot select any account. 

Tried pointing the tool at my logs folder. 

Cannot select any account. 

Clearly I'm doing something wrong, but as far as I can tell I'm following the instructions perfectly. 

I'm having this same issue.