Badges Detection tool and online tracker / Leaderboard

xeaon

Hi Everyone,

Back in December I have built a tool, as a proof of concept, to automatically detect badges in game using bind files.
Those that remember it, back in the days we use to have bind files to trigger “setTitle” command lines.

Those command lines were written in log files. From there a tool was fetching the info and publishing it to City Info Tracker (https://cit.cohtitan.com/character/leaderboards)

The tool I have built back in December, was to see If it was possible to recreate a similar tool.

The proof of concept was working well enough. 
This encouraged me to start working on the next logical step, build a replacement for City Info Tracker.

I have been working on this since the last few weeks. Today I am ready to show the result.
If such a tool/web site could be of interest to you, simply go to https://cityofbadgers.com

Also, I want to give a big thank you to Kitsune and collaborators. 
I have used Kitsune’s open source badges database to start this project.
I Also want to thank everyone that helped me tested the site while it was being developed.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 8

Found an issue but it was my fault.  🙂

tl;dr - install the program in a folder with a short path.  Following directions matters!

-------

I installed the tool to "C:\CoH\AA-AddOns\CityOfBadgersClientWinForm" (clearly ignoring directions)

image.png.cc0c6e57c71a6b502075c0d89297d4b7.png

When I was running the macros, I got up to bind83.txt and then the wheels fell off.

Kept getting error "Unable to read in keybind file: C:/CoH/AA-AddOns/CityOfBadgersClientWinForm/bind84.t"

I looked at the contents of the bind83.txt file and the full name was there, all the way to "/bind84.txt" so I was stumped for a minute.

Then I realized that bind83.txt is where the badge numbers increase in length from 999 to 1000+.

So it's hitting a internal maximum length of a string.

I moved the program to a shorter path, regenerated the keybind files and I was all set!

After successfully uploading my badge log to the site, I did have to go and set my toon's server and archetype manually, using the My Account option. 

What's the point of collecting badges if you cannot show them off? 😛

Once I clicked thru that to find my global, and my toon, and then use the "Edit" button, yours truly is on the leaderboards!

image.png.dbdc1e1b36534ef3d443a91740fab25f.png

image.png.4ae2126c4ec953755fe241130d57c718.png

image.thumb.png.77d376af68d452a2144f2fa4a360b6a8.png

13 hours ago, DocDolomite said:

So it's hitting a internal maximum length of a string.

Yep, the length limit is 256 characters. Also, it is possible to use relative paths in keybinds so that might help avoid line length issues.

1 hour ago, AboveTheChemist said:

Yep, the length limit is 256 characters. Also, it is possible to use relative paths in keybinds so that might help avoid line length issues.

Oh nice, but relative to what i'm wondering, the game root folder?

Relative to the data folder within the CoH install folder.

For instance, my settitle keybinds are in C:\Games\CoH\data\badge_title

My keybind for cycling through the bind files is 'bind_load_file badge_title/<file_name>'

And just to be clear that is for my personal settitle files that I developed, not the files associated with your application, but I think the concept should be applicable there as well. I point this out because I don't want to give the impression that I modified the application files to use relative paths. So if you decide to use relative paths in the application files, I'd certainly test them to make sure they work. And if you decide not to go that route, no worries, I just wanted to let you know it might be an option.

Edited by AboveTheChemist

Ok, here's what I found. 

Character #1, logging enabled, works fine.

Character #2, logging was disabled.  Enabled logging.  Applied.  Ran binds.  Read log file...here is where the problem is.  Sees Character #1.

If Character #2 logs out, back in, runs the bind files, all good. 

Character #3, logging was disabled.  Enabled logging.  Applied.  Ran binds.  Read log file...and...Sees Character #2.

So, if logging was not enabled when the character logged in, they will need to enable logging, apply, exit to character select screen, log back in.

@War Mage

Badge Tracking - https://cityofbadgers.com

Also, I have been told from someone who has 1529 badges, there is one villain side badge name that is not working.

Swapping to hero side and running the binds again fixed the issue.

Meaning, or rather I'm guessing one of the villain side badge name is off a little. 

Just don't know which one yet.

Great minds think alike!

I was actually thinking about adding that. For instance when I'm doing exploration badge, be able to filter all badges for one zone.

That said, I went for an easy solution, the search is client side / JavaScript.

Works for me so far.

Anyways, take a look and let me know what you think.

Hmm did all the Work but wondering why he dont get the right number :

image.thumb.png.9b22688e2bcd45ce5d6a5668d576b772.png

image.thumb.png.2bfdb1685f412711b510088b783151a0.png

Maybe beause the Path where the Badge folder is, is to long ?

image.png.380ed295cd42c3eeeb16a8de825899e4.png

And Bonus question, all new Badges. Did the Programm read it out or did i have to spam the CRST +m again?

Edited by SlyfoX

If you get a new badge, the client should be able to detect it.

I leave the client tool open, and when I get new badge, i just click on the "Read Log" button and publish.

I don't have to do all the binds again.

As for the 1352 versus  1353 issue, my guess is, there is a badge name that I have it wrong in the Database.

If you have the chance, could you compare which badge you think is wrongfully named in CityOfBadger?

In all of the few you have missing

I suspect a badge that have a different names versus the faction or gender, like this one:

2020-03-05_15-18-19.png.969c67946ad7c159aa6fb0b9d42d8231.png

I will be happy to correct the badge name if we can find out which one.