Nuke this particular forum every season/every 3 months

Please.

It'd allow fresh ideas to spring forth and y'know, hopefully people stop posting some really wild fever dream ideas for game suggestions.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

unknown.png

alright buddy, it's time to shit yourself
casts earthquake, activates dispersion bubble

Looking over the front page of S&I, and only two threads were started more than a week ago, with most being started within the last couple days.

I'm not really seeing how deleting old stuff every few months would do anything, or be noticed except by people trying to find old things.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Sif said:

Looking over the front page of S&I, and only two threads were started more than a week ago, with most being started within the last couple days.

I'm not really seeing how deleting old stuff every few months would do anything, or be noticed except by people trying to find old things.

This is my vague way of saying that this forum was a mistake because 98% of these people don't understand that the game doesn't allow what they want/doesn't work that way.

The 2% are balance/number changes or reworking how a power works OR QOL stuff. which are more feasible.

So a seasonal purge drains the swamp that is any feedback & suggestions forum.

unknown.png

1 minute ago, Shadeknight said:

This is my vague way of saying that this forum was a mistake because 98% of these people don't understand that the game doesn't allow what they want/doesn't work that way.

The 2% are balance/number changes or reworking how a power works OR QOL stuff. which are more feasible.

So a seasonal purge drains the swamp that is any feedback & suggestions forum.

Can you be specific in how deleting all the posts that are 5 pages deep will improve anything? "Deleting bad ideas nobody would see anyways" doesn't sound very useful.

• Like 1

So that way we delete the one off, novel suggestions that get burried only for more of the same usual subjects to get reposted over and over?

Personally i think we should just sticky the most common and hotly discussed repeat topics.  Lets less exciting but less controversial suggestions be seen for a few minutes.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Sif said:

"Deleting bad ideas nobody would see anyways" doesn't sound very useful.

I should say that I'm not remotely 100% serious. I posted this knowing full well that it makes no sense whatsoever.

Nor would anyone in their right mind actually agree to doing it.

I just loathe a lot of these armchair/couch lounger ideas. But I don't want to individually go be an asshole in each individual thread posting how this is why I wish for total nuclear meltdown of the planet.

My better hope would be that the GM team/devs would be more active in here to shoot down what's near to impossible, but that in itself is a stretch.

4 minutes ago, dangeraaron10 said:

Personally i think we should just sticky the most common and hotly discussed repeat topics.  Lets less exciting but less controversial suggestions be seen for a few minutes.

A singular thread for this would be great. Combine all the actual possible ideas (power changes, number changes, QOL stuff) into one mega thread.

Easy.

Edited by Shadeknight

unknown.png

7 minutes ago, The Philotic Knight said:

/JRanger

Amen.

@Rathstar

Energy/Energy Blaster (50+3) on Everlasting

Energy/Temporal Blaster (50+3) on Excelsior

Energy/Willpower Sentinel (50+3) on Indomitable

Energy/Energy Sentinel (50+1) on Torchbearer

1 minute ago, Shadeknight said:

I should say that I'm not remotely 100% serious. I posted this knowing full well that it makes no sense whatsoever.

Ah, so you're just trolling to be an asshole, and decided to be an armchair/couch lounger GM. 😉

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

I jranger your jranger.

Thus creating a black hole.

Checkmate.

Multiple /jrangers don't cancel each other: they multiply.  Thus you've squared the /jranger.

@Rathstar

1 minute ago, Sif said:

Ah, so you're just trolling to be an asshole, and decided to be an armchair/couch lounger GM. 😉

Bingo.

Not really trolling, to be fair. I'm not going at this to get an emotional rise.

2 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

Multiple /jrangers don't cancel each other: they multiply.  Thus you've squared the /jranger.

Well.
Frick.

unknown.png

11 minutes ago, Shadeknight said:

I jranger your jranger.

Thus creating a black hole.

Checkmate.

Jrangers never had the gravity to ever accomplish that. 

This suggestion really only does the opposite and will have people posting old "new" ideas again. 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, dangeraaron10 said:

So that way we delete the one off, novel suggestions that get burried only for more of the same usual subjects to get reposted over and over?

I'd rather not step into the S&F section to see half of the first page taken up by stickies. I believe that other people posting in threads for ideas that the like/don't like or add too is enough, since it will keep those threads on the first page.

Dislike certain sounds? Silence/Modify specific sounds. Looking for modified whole powerset sfx?

Check out Michiyo's modder or Solerverse's thread.  Got a punny character? You should share it.

1 hour ago, Rathulfr said:

i multiply the squared /jranger by a negative /jranger.

Edited by Saiyajinzoningen

Its easy to criticize a suggestion but can you suggest an alternative?

50 minutes ago, Saiyajinzoningen said:

i multiply the squared /jranger by a negative /jranger.

There's no such thing as a negative /jranger, just as there's no such thing as a negative zero.  Consequently, your action is invalid.  🤣

@Rathstar

3 minutes ago, Rathulfr said:

There's no such thing as a negative /jranger, just as there's no such thing as a negative zero.  Consequently, your action is invalid.  🤣

IEEE JRanger allows for negative jrangers, because it makes it much easier to achieve numerical jranger accuracy in some critical problems suggestions.

• Haha 1

If we do this, I'll need to actively re-post the weekly "nerf Brutes" and "nerf Knockback" threads myself, then.

Edited by Rathulfr
  • Thanks 1

@Rathstar

5 minutes ago, Sif said:

IEEE JRanger allows for negative jrangers, because it makes it much easier to achieve numerical jranger accuracy in some critical problems suggestions.

this what happened in the last game i played engineers ruined it for everyone dupin negative jrangers and accuracies and just anything to cheat there no extened maintenance there trying to catch the engineers and we pay for it so unless people don't let GM'S know of wrong doing's in the game it we ruin it and there we not be a COH IT WELL BE GONE TO THE PERUVIANS!1!!1!!

• Haha 4
  • Confused 2
I'm out.