Why don't knockdown patches send low-level enemies flying?

Vanden

Normally, the purple patch will scale up any power effects you use on a lower-level target. This includes knockback effects, which will typically turn a knockdown power into knockback if you use it on anything more than one level below you. However, knockdown patch powers seem to be an exception to this. I tested Ice Patch, Earthquake, and Oil Slick Arrow on mobs in Atlas Park while playing a level 50 character, and all of them still only did knockdown, despite being used on enemies over 45 levels below me. I thought maybe the psuedopets these powers use might be using the giant monster code to scale their effects to the level of the enemy mobs, but I lit the Oil Slick Arrow and the enemies died as immediately as you'd expect. So what's the secret sauce here? Anyone know?

3 hours ago, Vanden said:

Normally, the purple patch will scale up any power effects you use on a lower-level target. This includes knockback effects, which will typically turn a knockdown power into knockback if you use it on anything more than one level below you. However, knockdown patch powers seem to be an exception to this. I tested Ice Patch, Earthquake, and Oil Slick Arrow on mobs in Atlas Park while playing a level 50 character, and all of them still only did knockdown, despite being used on enemies over 45 levels below me. I thought maybe the psuedopets these powers use might be using the giant monster code to scale their effects to the level of the enemy mobs, but I lit the Oil Slick Arrow and the enemies died as immediately as you'd expect. So what's the secret sauce here? Anyone know?

Not sure if this matters for your testing, but I think the oil patch and the fire after it is lit are separate psuedopets. If that's the case they may spawn differently?

On 3/9/2020 at 10:42 PM, MunkiLord said:

Not sure if this matters for your testing, but I think the oil patch and the fire after it is lit are separate psuedopets. If that's the case they may spawn differently?

That does sound right, so maybe it's the giant monster code after all?

On 3/9/2020 at 6:56 PM, Vanden said:

Aren't these knockUPs instead?

33 minutes ago, Replacement said:

Aren't these knockUPs instead?

Nope. Even if they were, it'd still be weird if they didn't scale up and send enemies flying when they're far below your level.

Edited by Vanden