Power Set Suggestion: Rock Blast

Herotu

Not Rock music. I know, lots of disappointment.

Instead, literally lobbing rocks.

So I think we have all the animations we need for Hurling rocks. Would it be possible to turn them into a Blaster/Corrupter Primary?

• Like 1

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

I would love this. Especially with the Talons of Vengeance's really cool explode-y earth ability!

A stacking buff would be cool for a ranged set. Like savage melee but, instead of recharge/end reduction, maybe with a stacking absorb? Or res/def buff? Combined with some spenders for increased damage or CC magnitude.

6 minutes ago, PoitVok said:

I would love this. Especially with the Talons of Vengeance's really cool explode-y earth ability!

A stacking buff would be cool for a ranged set. Like savage melee but, instead of recharge/end reduction, maybe with a stacking absorb? Or res/def buff? Combined with some spenders for increased damage or CC magnitude.

I totally forgot about the Talons!  Yes, they have a nice selection of earth powers:

TalonsOfVengeance Upthrust.png Upthrust Targeted AoE, Moderate DMG(Smashing), Minor DoT(Lethal), -Fly, Chance to Knockdown
You channel seismic energy into the earth, causing a micro-fault to erupt under your target. This causes a shard of rock to thrust upward out of the ground, dealing smashing damage. The force of the eruption also hits players with shards of rock, causing bleeding, can knock flying targets out of the sky, and knockback enemies.

TalonsOfVengeance ShardsOfStone.png Shards of Stone Ranged Cone, Moderate DMG (Lethal), Moderate DoT(Lethal), -Fly, Chance to Knockup
You launch a volley of stone shards at your target in a sweeping cone. These shards stab into the target, causing lethal damage. The force of the attack can also knock flying targets from the sky and has a chance to knock up ground targets.

TalonsOfVengeance AshFall.png Ash Fall Summon
You create a choking ash fall at your target's location. This hits any targets caught within its area of effect on an ongoing basis, but can be avoided if the area is evacuated.

2 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

I'd totally be down! A slower, heavy hitter set with tons of knock up and control / big hits, but not very dps-y.

This is an interesting idea, too! I'd not thought of that, but it would maybe be treading on controllers' toes a little?

..It only takes one Beanbag fan saying that they JRANGER it for the devs to revert it.

Honestly, it just feels like a logical extension to the current stuff, filling the gaps in power proliferation, you know?

Like some kind of Firearms secondary for masterminds, the nearest they can get to something mundane is Traps or Trick Arrow.

Gravity lacks a Blasting variant, as does Illusion (I don't know what on Earth that might be, but it might not be of ... the Earth). 

Of these I like the idea of Gravity's Propel being expanded to a full set of powers! There may be too many objects for the computer to handle if we're all doing that, tho...?

5 hours ago, Galaxy Brain said:

I'd totally be down! A slower, heavy hitter set with tons of knock up and control / big hits, but not very dps-y.

So...stone melee without /SS Rage buff?

Separately, rock blast would be bloody cool.  Just take all rock tossing powers, make a nice T9 ROCK N ROLL BOOOOOOOOM and T4 ROCK SPLOSION and you're done.

Make your build up ROCK THE BOAT!!!, and a quick T5 Mag3 big Geodude bicep windup snipe attack called ROCKET PAUNCH!!!

Edited by Obus Form

There are plenty of powers (both player and NPC) to make a full Blast powerset and an accompanying Manipulation powerset for sure, but now that Electric Affinity is coming out I'm pondering whether an earth based Support set can be made too...

I'll likely add that in my own thread, but for now I'd certainly say that Earth Blast is a MUST for the game moving forward. Besides Control powersets, Blast is the only powerset type without any new additions brought to the game by the new dev teams.